Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLADS STOP MAKING EXCUSES

LADS STOP MAKING EXCUSES

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Joni said:
i think the statement was about this year?

Yep, and so was mine
Wink
Rick said:
I don't take it as an insult, though I must admit "letting the side down" did make me the second superheavy this week to be deeply unhappy with Rob.

LOL Rick I can't believe you took that comment seriously, I was pulling your ponytail.

Chill out dude, if you don't want to compete, don't. It's just banter Wink
Rob said:
...did make me the second superheavy this week to be deeply unhappy with Rob.

the Third. Fit Petes log has disappeared and he's very angry. He gets violent you know.
little_a said:
Joni said:

Yep, and so was mine
Wink

beast.
Joni said:
little_a said:
Joni said:

Yep, and so was mine
Wink

beast.

LOL. Loaded more this year than a Lansing f**king BagnallGrin
little_a said:
Rick said:
Y'know, I am getting pretty tired of this. I've been to every north-west comp this year (more than you), and loaded in three (more than anybody here). Whether or not I want to compete is nobody's f**king business but mine.

Whilst I understand your angst young Rick, may I point out that whilst attending most NW power comps, I have also assisted lifters at 2 National PL comps, and loaded in a further 5 OL comps over 3 geographic divisions, schools to masters. "More than most people here" would of been more accurate, but I admit would lose some of the strike factor.

Well, y'know, unless three of those five OL comps were in the north-west, my statement as written was *exactly* accurate Happy.
Rick said:
Well, y'know, unless three of those five OL comps were in the north-west, my statement as written was *exactly* accurate Happy.

NW schools platform manager (held in NW)
British schools platform manager (held in NW)
British U 13's platform manager (held in NW)
YNE OL masters (YNE)
British masters (Lilleshall (WM?)- held over two days (dont know if that counts twice))
Wink

We're spiltting hairs I appreciate, but you and I do that sooooo wellGrin
AvatarMartin195613/12/07 @ 16:41
Time for a little rant. Before ranting, this is nothing to do with Rick, who puts plenty into powerlifting in lots of ways. I coach a few guys and am sick fed up of being let down time and time again.

They don't turn up for agreed sessions and don't let me know they're not coming
They turn up late when I've finished my own workout and expect me to wait to spot them
I enter them in competitions that they don't f**king bother showing up for
They haven't got the manners to even tell me they're not coming to the comp

I'm happy to put something back into the sport free of charge, but if people just want personal training in strength work and give nothing back, let them f**king pay me as a personal trainer. Maybe because I don't charge it kind of undervalues the service I'm providing?

I plan to train on my own in the new year and focus on my own development. Happy to help genuine newbies, but not guys just wanting a free personal trainer. Rant over. Normal service resumed. Feel better for that!
Jim frequently wastes his breath in the gym giving advice to people about routines which they then abandon after 2 weeks because "it's not working". (Were they expecting 30kg on their bench in 2 weeks?) Gyms the world over are full of these people as you probably know Martin. We have had a lad training with us a few months now who wanted to improve his lifts so Jim had said theres no point me telling you what to do if you really want to learn come to the gym on monday at 6.30. He did and he's stuck at it, we may get him on the platform sometime too.
AvatarMartin195613/12/07 @ 18:57
I know Bryn, but one of the ones I had in mind has been on the platform, done the British raw this year, was entered in last weekend's comp, was "too tired" to come, couldn't be arsed letting me or you know... Where's people's basic politeness, or am I from a different era? He's supposed to be lifting in Bradford on Saturday, saw him last night, said nothing about missing last Sunday OR going to Bradford, but it's obvious he's not going. You don't arrange a squat session on Friday when you plan to lift on Saturday! f**k 'em, I say.
oooo, i like a good who-dunnit !!

I'm with you fellas Embarassednly help people who help themselves !!

screw the rest of em, let em learn the hard way

i went to all comps* and plenty of national ones too over the last 18 months, i loaded at non !!

but shouted loads !!!

*missed the one in colne
hey i agree, many of the experienced lifters give so much to the newbies - we in turn try to give to the even-more-newbies, but some people are beyond help and don't listen. Its the basic respect whats lacking in that case IMO. Its not hard to just say, alright mate, i rather just train in my own (wanky disco pumping) way, the worst is when someone asks for help and advice but then shrugs it off Grin

So dont get put off totally because of your experiences Martin. Maybe worth being a bit straightforward with any potential people about what is their level of commitment.
AvatarIainKendrick13/12/07 @ 20:24
Jonny, you should get a fee for Boarcam by event organisers. I reckon you'd get a plate of chips an possibly gravy with it.
AvatarIainKendrick13/12/07 @ 20:26
was "too tired" to come, couldn't be arsed letting me or you know... Where's people's basic politeness, or am I from a different era? He's supposed to be lifting in Bradford on Saturday, saw him last night, said nothing about missing last Sunday OR going to Bradford, but it's obvious he's not going. You don't arrange a squat session on Friday when you plan to lift on Saturday! f**k 'em, I say.

f**k em is just about right I say!
chips !!!??!?!?

wash your mouth out

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLADS STOP MAKING EXCUSES
Return to top View Desktop Site