REGISTER
 

KEEP on keepin' on!

12345678910111213141516171819202122

BigKenIcon...09-01-2010 @ 18:46 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
Oh and nice lifting Adam, very very impressive!!
MrSmallIcon...09-01-2010 @ 18:49 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
So how does your routine go then Adam?

From your journal on Marunde you do a lot of sub-maximal stuff with little rest/lots of sets?
adamkeepIcon...09-01-2010 @ 18:54 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MrSmall said:So how does your routine go then Adam?

From your journal on Marunde you do a lot of sub-maximal stuff with little rest/lots of sets?


That is exactly how it goes man. Olympic lifters are strong as f**k not because they do the clean and jerk and the snatch, they are strong because they train often with submax weights and do them over and over and over again. Eventually those weights feel like nothing at all. That is how my training is structured basically. I do a lot of conditioning too.
SparrowIcon...09-01-2010 @ 20:28 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
Very strong session! Knocking on the door of the LW log world record there! Would be good to see you and Paul cator go head to head in a log for max.
adamkeepIcon...09-01-2010 @ 20:52 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Sparrow said:Very strong session! Knocking on the door of the LW log world record there! Would be good to see you and Paul cator go head to head in a log for max.


Dude the WR is already there, I just wanted to go way above it with the 170. I think I could have done the 160 for at least 2. I just felt really strong today, might have been that i took thursday off.
SparrowIcon...09-01-2010 @ 20:59 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
I thought that german competitor patrick b had done 170/172 in a comp recently?
adamkeepIcon...09-01-2010 @ 21:06 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Sparrow said:I thought that german competitor patrick b had done 170/172 in a comp recently?


Hmmm... maybe, I will ask him, he was my old training partner for a couple of years. I thought he did 165.
adamkeepIcon...09-01-2010 @ 22:13 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
I just talked to Patrik and he said he did 165 as the WR. I will have that soon!
CarlIcon...09-01-2010 @ 23:00 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
paul has done 170 in training, there is a vid on youtube

solid work adam
adamkeepIcon...09-01-2010 @ 23:28 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Carl said:paul has done 170 in training, there is a vid on youtube

solid work adam


I just saw it, he got it easy too. Guess i gotta get 180 then huh? Haha! Not many max log events out there anymore though so I guess it doesn't matter, it is all about log for reps lately so I think I will focus on that harder, but still try to track the max a bit just to see where I am.
CarlIcon...10-01-2010 @ 00:26 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
adamkeep said:
did you have to put fail though? 0 sounds much better than fail doesn't it? Haha!


kens a c**t for that!!! you will soon learn!! haha
CarlIcon...10-01-2010 @ 00:27 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
adamkeep said:
I just saw it, he got it easy too. Guess i gotta get 180 then huh? Haha! Not many max log events out there anymore though so I guess it doesn't matter, it is all about log for reps lately so I think I will focus on that harder, but still try to track the max a bit just to see where I am.


2 of the comps i am down to do have max log in them, maybe its a british thing?
BigKenIcon...10-01-2010 @ 00:32 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
Carl said:
adamkeep said:
did you have to put fail though? 0 sounds much better than fail doesn't it? Haha!


kens a c**t for that!!! you will soon learn!! haha


I read 0 as fail so it's swing's and roundabout's to me.

Carl is the c**t not me! Wink
BigKenIcon...10-01-2010 @ 00:33 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
Carl said:
2 of the comps i am down to do have max log in them, maybe its a british thing?


Maybe a 105s thing or did you mean British thing as in British 105s lol?
CarlIcon...10-01-2010 @ 08:59 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
a british thing to have max log in comps a fair bit

12345678910111213141516171819202122

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions