REGISTER
 

KEEP on keepin' on!

12345678910111213141516171819202122

adamkeepIcon...13-05-2010 @ 20:31 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MrSmall said:Ever had any knee problems Adam, out of interest?

Pretty respectable deadlifting there for sure!


Thanks guys!

And no knee probs man, I take pretty good care of them.
MrSmallIcon...13-05-2010 @ 20:34 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
How, exactly?
I've had a slight niggle from straining my ACL a few months ago and it gets better but never completely gone. Doesn't impede anything but gets a bit stiff.
adamkeepIcon...13-05-2010 @ 21:04 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MrSmall said:How, exactly?
I've had a slight niggle from straining my ACL a few months ago and it gets better but never completely gone. Doesn't impede anything but gets a bit stiff.


Dont max out all the time, take it close and work the weights you can safely work with good technique. Also if you know you are having that niggle, ice it even when it doesnt hurt. Maybe consider supplementing with MSM, you can get organic powder really cheap from like Jarrow Formulas (take double the dose). These things have really helped me out.
adamkeepIcon...14-05-2010 @ 18:10 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Did 30 min of running today, steady state slow run. Good little bit of cardio today.
adamkeepIcon...15-05-2010 @ 15:59 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Had a pretty good pressing day. Plan was to try to strict press 150kg, but was just not feeling it, oh well I made the best of it for sure.

Strict press
Did a lot of triples working up to 280lbs (~127kg), then did 280lbs for 12 sets of 1 reps with 30 sec rest.

Fat Gripz pullups 30 reps

Fat Gripz dumbbell clean and press
80lbs (~36kg)x4
105lbs (~48kg)x4
120lbs (~54.5kg)x4
135lbs (~61kg)x4
150lbs (~68kg)x4 this is the heaviest we have at this gym so i just stopped there, I suppose I should have done more reps, but I didnt feel like killing myself on that movement today.

Finished with some assistance and 15 min of interval cardio. BW was 228lbs or ~103kg
MrSmallIcon...15-05-2010 @ 16:02 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
triple with 127 is pretty solid there Adam.

Misha or Terry or Travis for the Finland win? Grin
adamkeepIcon...15-05-2010 @ 22:48 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MrSmall said:triple with 127 is pretty solid there Adam.

Misha or Terry or Travis for the Finland win? Grin


I dont know what the events are so it is hard to call it. All 3 are very tough to beat so I guess it will go to the one that is the most consistent.
MarkCleggIcon...15-05-2010 @ 22:53 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I`ve been reading you journal at times and always wanted to ask -

What the f**k is a FATGRIPZ ???
adamkeepIcon...15-05-2010 @ 23:09 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MarkClegg said:I`ve been reading you journal at times and always wanted to ask -

What the f**k is a FATGRIPZ ???


Oh dude they rock! They are rubber handles that make everything into a thick bar! Instead of buying a thick bar you just put these things on and it makes the grip loads harder. Pretty cool little things. fatgripz.com check em out!
MarkCleggIcon...16-05-2010 @ 08:25 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
adamkeep said:
fatgripz.com check em out!


Checked Wink . Interesting
adamkeepIcon...16-05-2010 @ 10:47 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
MarkClegg said:
Checked Wink . Interesting


I really like them man, you can make anything a thick bar and do it quickly. I love using them on dumbbells for clean and presses and on pullups to make the grip super intense. I can normally do nearly 30 pullups in a row, but these things cut me to 10 if I am lucky!

-------
Cardio today, interval running on the track for 30 min. I need new shoes, the cushion in these Saucony shoes is gone!!! Ouch!!!
adamkeepIcon...17-05-2010 @ 13:45 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Got some new shoes, another set of Saucony's of course (they are so freaking comfortable with my bodyweight on them!).

Had a good workout today despite my hotel bed trying to kill me! I woke up today my stiff back had a stiff back on it's back is how bad it was! Ugh!

Walked for 10 min to try and loosen up the lower body, I really like the new shoes. It's going to take a few sessions to get them formed to my feet thoug, but I am used to that so no issues.

Front squat weight in lbs.
135x3, 135x3
185x3, 185x3
205x3, 205x3
225x3, 225x3 (2 from here on out)
275x2, 275x2
315x2, 315x2
355x2, 355x2
405x2, 405x2 (184kg)
415x2, no spotters so I didnt want to take it any heavier.

Romanian deads from shoelace level
135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 405x8

Did some assistance work, some abs, and jumped rope to finish off. Good day.
CarlIcon...17-05-2010 @ 13:51 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
solid work adam
adamkeepIcon...17-05-2010 @ 14:08 
Avatar
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
Carl said:solid work adam


Thanks man! I am trying to do a lot of sets lately and it seems to help me hold on to my strength even with all the extra cardio I've been doing. I am not hitting any PB's really but the strength is not declining either so I am happy with it. I think if I slowly add weight the PB's will come soon enough. This has been really nice on the body too, not to many things bothering me like sore knees or anything like that so i like where it is going.
CarlIcon...17-05-2010 @ 14:10 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
good stuff mate

at the moment (onbench) im going for a 1 week top double/triple/5 then the week after 6-10 sets of 1/2/3 its quite nice as keeps me interested and everything feels good on it, so cant complain!!

12345678910111213141516171819202122

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions