REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 264 guests

Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

davycummingsIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:43 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
martinb said:
Yes this confuses me greatly
I would ban anyone that dives, the only problem is it can be difficult to tell what is a dive.
I'd ban anyone that swears at a ref though
Part of the game is so weird, peds are part of the game in many sports, I don't get it

Agreed, if it is "part of the game" then change the rules and make it clear. It shouldn't be against the rules AND part of the game
martinbIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:45 
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
davycummings said:
Agreed, if it is "part of the game" then change the rules and make it clear. It shouldn't be against the rules AND part of the game

But it just won't happen!
drewIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:47 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
martinb said:
But it just won't happen!

And I have no idea why. Ultimately it will be loss of ££ I suppose. That's wha makes decisions in the end
walkerIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:48 
Does not need Advice, knows everything.
Member 3505, 3510 posts
SQ 295, BP 182.5, DL 290
767.5 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Steve said:
I think it's a fair point. If for example a fighter filled their gloves with say lead allowing them to hit 25% harder and this lead to thir oponent being killed then surely it would be manslaughter at the very least. If by contrast a fighter was to take PED drugs, and they increase his punch by 25% which lead to their oponents death then this would be exactly then same offence.
I wonder however if this could ever be proved enough to stand up in court

You could quite easily prove the lead in the gloves was a contributing factor to a death in boxing and a prosecution would be highly likely in this case.

I can't see any chance of it for PEDs use though, far too many variables etc.
davycummingsIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:51 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 13:52 PM by davycummings
drew said:
I apreciate what your saying but....
If a man dives, or rather appears too, he could of either been foulled and it look otherwise/ fallen over at an inopertune time/ actually dived. You can't prove it, it's just opinion
You can prove having a bowl of dbol for breakfast and there's no 'accident' there. You either took it or you a clean

Drew, the Dbol could easily have been in the cornflakes, and the athlete would never know Wink

EDIT: also, I dont think Dbol would be the best choice for a footballer

I no longer watch football, i cannot stand the diving etc, it is so blatant in so many cases that I cant take the accidental argument at all. They could solve it with bans, it is much easier to police than PEDs, but they chose not to, and the sport is all the worse for it.

It is more of a blight on the sport than PEDs would be imo
AdamTIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:53 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
walker said:
You could quite easily prove the lead in the gloves was a contributing factor to a death in boxing and a prosecution would be highly likely in this case.

I agree with this, when someone is caught with lead then they are entering the ring with the purpose of doing unecessary damage and are clearly not bothered with the damge they could inflict.
drewIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:55 
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 13:56 PM by drew
davycummings said:
Drew, the Dbol could easily have been in the cornflakes, and the athlete would never know Wink
EDIT: also, I dont think Dbol would be the best choice for a footballer
I no longer watch football, i cannot stand the diving etc, it is so blatant in so many cases that I cant take the accidental argument at all. They could solve it with bans, it is much easier to police than PEDs, but they chose not to, and the sport is all the worse for it.
It is more of a blight on the sport than PEDs would be imo

All of that statement is in your opinion. I'm not the biggest fan either but others enjoy the discussion and controversy surround 'the dive in that match that won them the game, damn reds' etc

But if you cant 100% be clear. Or enough beyond all doubt. Like with diving it will have to stay I think

Been a dick to the ref and been John terry should be heavily punished as there's no doubt in anyone's mind he is s**t and a c**t
SteveIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:55 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
walker said:

I agree there are probably far too many variables to prove manslaughter, but perhaps a lesser charge?
CuddlesIcon...24-10-2012 @ 13:56 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Tom_Martin said:I suppose if this is indeed true I can happily change my position on this then.

Clearly if boxing is a sport that protects you from the legal implications of what you are doing to your opponent then, by cheating, you are no longer actually "boxing" and deserve to get f**ked......right?

Havent read the subsequent posts but it is an interesting issue and doesnt just concern boxing.

There are a number of very famous S+M cases that try to look at what should and shouldnt be assault/ABH/GBH. The general view is that there are situations where consent can waiver the criminal obligations.

This becomes an issue in sport where people go beyond the rules of the sport and it ends up in physical injury/death, because you dont consent to your opponent breaking the rules. You assume they will follow them.
SteveIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:01 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Cuddles said:
This becomes an issue in sport where people go beyond the rules of the sport and it ends up in physical injury/death, because you dont consent to your opponent breaking the rules. You assume they will follow them.

Wasn't a Welsh rugby player jailed a couple of years ago for for biting off part of an opponents ear?
JohnGymIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:02 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Duncan Ferguson was jailed for squaring up to Paul Mcstay. (No way was that a headbutt)
davycummingsIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:04 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
drew said:
All of that statement is in your opinion

Of course it is, as is yours. Its a discussion forum for opinions Grin

What about the fact that the best winner of the best footballer in the world award grew up on growth hormones to make up for his own physical deficiencies?

I am in favour of this, but why is it ok to grow up on it, but not to try and make up for those deficiencies by the same means later in life?
CuddlesIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:07 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20068384
drewIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:09 
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 14:11 PM by drew
davycummings said:
Of course it is, as is yours. Its a discussion forum for opinions Grin
What about the fact that the best winner of the best footballer in the world award grew up on growth hormones to make up for his own physical deficiencies?
I am in favour of this, but why is it ok to grow up on it, but not to try and make up for those deficiencies by the same means later in life?

I know it just made me smile how you put IMO at the end of the last statement when it was all IMO. I always think IMO is a funny thing to write as I presume your not writing down someone else's opinion, it's more saying its my opinion and I'm allowed it so if its controversial dont be mean to me Happy. IMO

There will always be 'medicinal' usage issues but if there's a quack somewhere willing to put his career on the line for ££ so be it. This part of doping will be around for ever IMO

Imo

Edit, mid read your question. If you were deficient in later life I have no issue with you Persueing something for health issues. Although if your a 40 year old guy I'd expect you to have the test levels of a 40 year old not a 20, if this makes you worse at your sport so be it imo
AdamTIcon...24-10-2012 @ 14:10 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts

Floyd Mayweather refuses to step into the ring unless his opponents go through with strict olympic testing

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions