Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuture of strongman?

Future of strongman?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AdamT said:
Is Ed not the new Z? ;-)

no, edd is a mess
PaulSavage
Post Edited: 27.08.2016 @ 15:42 PM by PaulSavage
drex50 said:
hahaha i bet u believe in Santa Claus

Yeah I've seen him, he's also known as zydrunas something right??

You arnt understanding basic logic, you can't just take more an more and get more and more results. If this was the case the strongest people in the world would all be people that had the most money in order to buy the most stuff.

In reality, yes you can take more over time but the general result of taking mega doses of what a lot of people take would result in a s**t ton of side effects that could severely effect your health and performance and in many cases would make it completely impossible to finish the cycle without lowering the dosages. These mega dosages would then have f**ked up all your hormones, taking longer to get them back to normal, if ever. This then makes any future cycles (or when not cruising) less effective than they could have been.

As for specifically growth and insulin, again it's not just more is better, and if you mega dosed these for long periods you would be seriously risking your health and 100% could not mega dose consistently through a lifting career as just the growth alone would eventually grow your organs to the point of death.

There are some guys out there that take a lot definately but even they only take so much.
SteBennett
KevC86 said:Hixxy is of an age that he could still be on the scene in 5 years if he doesn't get hurt again.

Id expect the top Brits to be Tom Stoltman and Paul smith. Both are stupid strong and neither is old enough to shave yet.

As for the sport, i suspect it will go back to athleticism a bit. The health risks with getting bigger and bigger wont be overlooked forever.

Do you not think Paul smith might be a little short for today's standards?
Saying that hixxy mixed it with the best
PaulSavage said:
Yeah I've seen him, he's also known as zydrunas something right??
You arnt understanding basic logic, you can't just take more an more and get more and more results. If this was the case the strongest people in the world would all be people that had the most money in order to buy the most stuff.
In reality, yes you can take more over time but the general result of taking mega doses of what a lot of people take would result in a s**t ton of side effects that could severely effect your health and performance and in many cases would make it completely impossible to finish the cycle without lowering the dosages. These mega dosages would then have f**ked up all your hormones, taking longer to get them back to normal, if ever. This then makes any future cycles (or when not cruising) less effective than they could have been.
As for specifically growth and insulin, again it's not just more is better, and if you mega dosed these for long periods you would be seriously risking your health and 100% could not mega dose consistently through a lifting career as just the growth alone would eventually grow your organs to the point of death.
There are some guys out there that take a lot definately but even they only take so much.

You don't ever come off at the elite level so hpta problems are irrelevant.
side effects are just a case of taking other things to combat them adex,caber etc valleys for trensomnia, p3ptides for tendon injuries painkillers etc just a never ending growing stack of pharmaceuticals.

The one long term performance problem outside of the usual cardiovascular and liver is the mystery of palumboism - which seems to be something that simply stops PEDs working and a host of negative physical changes after years of mega dosing - not sure if any strongmen have shown signs of this yet
PaulSavage
matthewvc said:
You don't ever come off at the elite level so hpta problems are irrelevant.
side effects are just a case of taking other things to combat them adex,caber etc valleys for trensomnia, p3ptides for tendon injuries painkillers etc just a never ending growing stack of pharmaceuticals.
The one long term performance problem outside of the usual cardiovascular and liver is the mystery of palumboism - which seems to be something that simply stops PEDs working and a host of negative physical changes after years of mega dosing - not sure if any strongmen have shown signs of this yet

Yes I'm aware there's things to take for side effects but the drugs you take for side effects often have side effects themselves as with basically every drug out there and there's also a point where a higher dosage just doesn't give you any higher a result.

As said if all you needed to do was take more than the other guy all the strongest people in the world would be people that came from great wealth.
PaulSavage said:
As said if all you needed to do was take more than the other guy all the strongest people in the world would be people that came from great wealth.

What about genetics and dedication Paul?
How many young people are ready to do full time regime training and eating and missing
big weekend parties?

When u have the two above decent genetics and dedication, only drugs will make the difference.
PaulSavage
drex50 said:
What about genetics and dedication Paul?
How many young people are ready to do full time regime training and eating and missing
big weekend parties?
When u have the two above decent genetics and dedication, only drugs will make the difference.

Those two are definately what makes the difference, genetics and dedication. Can you get a lot stronger using PEDs vs not, yes absolutely, they play a role 100%, what I'm saying is you can't just take double what everyone else is and get double the results. Generally speaking you would actually have wasted a lot of money to get less results and on some stuff end up in a bad way pretty quick.
I just know what I had to take to bench 245kg and shoulder press 190kg and it's not pretty. The doses at pro level are nuts.
AdamT
Post Edited: 27.08.2016 @ 18:44 PM by AdamT
FAT_SAM said:I just know what I had to take to bench 245kg and shoulder press 190kg and it's not pretty. The doses at pro level are nuts.

The same with bodybuilding. People want to believe it's just genetics and a couple of ml here and there.

I remember a guy on another forum arguing that Dorian Yates used only a couple of mls of steroids and low dose HGH.

Delusional.

And before anyone mentions Yates as a genetic freak, he was a runt before he started bodybuilding. He was gifted with respond.

He obviously responded well to juice AND used high doses.
I wonder where strength levels would be from the top guys if there were no peds?

Obviously something we'll never know but it would be interesting
When I hear about how common and powerful drug usage is it makes me feel that I did quite well as a very lazy natty midget Cool

I don't think strongman in 5 years will be much different to now. There'll be some face changes obviously.
Robbo91
93hopkinsonr said:I wonder where strength levels would be from the top guys if there were no peds?

Obviously something we'll never know but it would be interesting

I always wondered who'd win WSM if they were all clean.
Terry would stand a good chance based on his sheer natural size I would've thought.
Robbo91 said:
Terry would stand a good chance based on his sheer natural size I would've thought.

unit94

the boy has it in him
Robbo91 said:

Dave Ostlund, Mike Burke, Terry Hollands, Loz Shahlaei
ChrisMcCarthy
Whoever it was no f**ker would believe them anyway.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuture of strongman?
Return to top View Desktop Site