View All Posts: PeteHodgson

12345678910 ... ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

» WSM 2022 (Go to post)29-05-2022 @ 20:52 
Crazy that big people have an advantage
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)29-05-2022 @ 18:30 
Reduced the number of stairs to 3 and lowered the weights? 3x228kg
Does this help Novi over Tom?
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)26-05-2022 @ 20:01 
Had anyone seen or heard of Hooper before this? I’d seen ‘the worlds strongest fan’ suggest him, but never heard of him other than that. First international comp and he cruises through to the final!
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)26-05-2022 @ 16:53 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Judging by the times that are coming in, the hold must be fairly light.

228kg. Does seem a bit light doesn’t it.
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)26-05-2022 @ 16:53 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Judging by the times that are coming in, the hold must be fairly light.

228kg. Does seem a bit light doesn’t it.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)25-05-2022 @ 12:45 
PaulSavage said:
You are way off on the events, they don't suit Martins, they massively suit Tom. Martins is actually not that great at flintstone lift, he's struggled an the best we have seen from him has been 25kg down on what we have seen from Tom. Tom loves the event, looks to be his best overhead and he could even possibly win it. Also wrong on the run in's, they actually favour tom as he's very good at front carrys and loading, basically the best in the world at both. Tom's training with the run in's have looked completely effortless, one motioning every stone to 200kg easy an run in's looking really comfortable. The final events are absolutely perfect for Tom, he's very good at every single event. Again he's great at medleys and front carries, an also pretty damn good at yoke now so the box to yoke medley suits him big time. Car deadlift should be his best deadlift as it suits the taller and heavier guys due to being on a pivot point, it's essentially lighter the taller you are and you can also use your weight to your advantage (think of a drag) an his deadlift has come on a lot. Truck pull, also a perfect event for Tom, again height and weight go in his favour and he's been winning these kind of events against everyone comfortably. Powerstairs with run in is again a perfect event for Tom, very strong in that position, again the height for the steps and again run in's suit tom as he's a fast mover, big strides etc Obviously got to actually get the job done but unless he's sick or injured or something he pretty much can't lose.

Fair enough. Maybe it is tilted in his favour then. Didn’t know Tom was good at behind the neck jerk as I’ve not seen much footage. I agree Licis doesn’t look as good as I thought he would do.
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)25-05-2022 @ 11:21 
Post Edited: 25.05.2022 @ 11:22 AM by PeteHodgson
unit94 said:Evan got heat stroke apparently. Surprising they couldn't sort him out between events as there was a good few hours. Then he'd be able to rest overnight but must have been bad!

Evans says it was anaphylactic shock and his throat was closing up during the event.
He’s back in it now.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)25-05-2022 @ 09:34 
macroth said:
Seems ludicrous that this isn't always the case, but whatevs.

Agreed.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)25-05-2022 @ 08:39 
BigMacca said:
This.
Can't quite get my head around people doing mental gymnastics to justify it though (not the retainer bit, the event rigging/group manipulation stuff)
It's been going on forever.
How many times did you see Holland's or Felix get a squat event in a WSM heat/group stage for example?
As a sport wanting to be taken seriously, it's devastating.
As a TV Show/Promotion, it all makes perfect sense.
Top level strongman is more WWE sports entertainment than it is an actual sport

Exactly. Every year the big deadlifters have got a deadlift in their heat, while the squatters get a squat event (usually, although not in Luke’s case ironically)
This years WSM seems fairer than usual, having the same events for each heat.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 22:05 
Mikeneto said:He is Scottish and the giant Live was in Scotland, he doesn't need to say random s**t to get him off his back. He was speaking frankly with a friend.

The latest Stoltman youtube is damage limitation which seems to be working on you.

I’m just thinking out loud really. It’s hardly the political scandal of the year is it. I just don’t see which comps have been made easier for him. And the only comp with qualifying groups is WSM which is seeded based on previous comp results so isn’t rigged.
That’s how I see it.
Not gonna lose sleep over it tbh.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 21:02 
Can’t say I’ve noticed anything that looks like it’s set up for the Stolts to win though. Colin may have said it, to get them on board? Or Luke may have said it to get WUS fella off his back.
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 20:40 
Singleton is out.
Dunno why, he had a dodgy shoulder though.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 20:32 
Post Edited: 24.05.2022 @ 20:35 PM by PeteHodgson
Athletes being on some sort of retainer seems fair enough. But rigging comps to suit them is a bit off. However, how would this work if there’s several athletes being paid if they’re in the same comps? Also, does anyone think any of the recent comps have suited either Stoltman over anyone else?
I actually thought the events at this years WSM did the opposite. No max log. Run in on stones to perhaps take away Toms advantage. Flintsone press to suit others like Licis, Bish etc.
Plus the grip event doesn’t play to the strengths of either Stoltman.
Unless this year WSM are ‘helping’ someone else.
However, this has been done before in comps hasn’t it? Straps for frame carry to suit Big Z more for example.
So, as JT said, we shouldn’t be surprised. Just sounds like this WUS fella stirring it for his own gain.
» WSM 2022 (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 18:44 
luki said:What happened Pa (don't say Monkey pox)?

I’ve heard he’s injured but that’s all.
» WSM alleged corruption by WUS. (Go to post)24-05-2022 @ 17:32 
Boar said:

Similar thing when PAGAN got to choose the events at Dragons

Who placed second… hmmm

12345678910 ... ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

You are here: HomeForumPeteHodgson → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions