REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 840 guests
You are here: HomeForumbhamstaff → View All Posts

View All Posts: bhamstaff

12345678910 ... ... 6667686970717273747576

» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)06-01-2009 @ 12:27 
JC said:
Nice squatting mate, strong!

cheers but i dont think its great. im aiming for 260kg squat belt and knee wraps this year. trying something new on squats. adding 2.5kg aside each week, see how it goes.

etc

etc

etc

etc
» Mariusz Pudzianowski Retired? (Go to post)05-01-2009 @ 23:18 
Zydrunas Savickas has won the arnold what 5 times now? how many has mariusz won it?
» Mariusz Pudzianowski Retired? (Go to post)05-01-2009 @ 23:06 
Zydrunas Savickas and mariusz are equally the best of all time so far.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)05-01-2009 @ 19:07 
Had flu all last week, lost 3kg and pissed me off.

5-01-09

3 minute warm up on bike

squats

raw 65kg- 10 reps
raw 105kg- 8 reps
raw 145kg- 5 reps
raw 185kg- 5 reps
belt and knee wraps 225kg- 4 reps

hack squat 2 light sets, pain in knees so left it

close stance leg press (feet 8-10 inches apart)

240kg- 8 reps for 3 sets

two handed pinch grip (fingers 3 inches apart)

45kg 20 second hold
65kg hold 10 seconds
85kg hold 5 seconds
105kg failed
95kg failed

all in all poor workout but had to hold back with sore throat, every time breathed in deep had a coughing spasm. breathing controlled f**ked workout.
» Will's Strongman Log (Go to post)02-01-2009 @ 16:16 
haha at neighbour
» WSM Oli Thompson (Go to post)02-01-2009 @ 15:19 
JC said:
Kieran, I think the height of the platform should stay as it is. It is horses for courses IMO. Shorter guys tend to be better OH, whereas taller guys obvioulsy have an advantage on the stones, just the way it has to be IMO

And this is comeing from a short ass who struggles on the stones Grin

true. its not too difficult to press the first couple of stones anyway, only light, jimmy did it. i was surprised ross stone didnt get the first stone the one year as it was only 100kg.
» WSM Oli Thompson (Go to post)02-01-2009 @ 14:53 
its bit unfair on the smaller lifters that cant put the first stone up whilst pressing it. if shortened however, taller guy still have advantage. i think first stone platform should stay under 6ft though to keep it fair.
i do agree some of the static lifting events some of the competitors are surprisingly weak. and it is ashmame some of the events are converted for public entertainment purposes, like being put on a pivot with dropping barrels, etc. an athlete is someone who is athletic. doesnt have to be just track and field? athletic means physically active and STRONG, good at sports. athletic also means the use of physical skills or capabilities, as STRENGTH, agility, or stamina. i wouldnt call a track and field athlete strong or having a great deal of strength. they have great physical skills and have explosive power, but not much strength. andy bolton has trained for strongman at whey house ive been told and wasnt very good at it due to lack of agility, stamina, etc. if it were down to pure static lifts, andy would be wsm or savickus. 2 of the strongest blokes ive seen. but there are so many other variables that come into account than just pure strength like powerlifting.

matt you still going to have ago at strongman next year. if you are, you can always pop down olympia and use my equipment. all i have is a log, farmers walk, yoke and an axle. getting me stone mid january.
» WSM Oli Thompson (Go to post)01-01-2009 @ 13:03 
jt said:
wsm and bsm are firstly tv shows strongman comp second

i disagree. each strongman is there to win
» WSM Oli Thompson (Go to post)31-12-2008 @ 00:17 
MattGriff said:
I was dissapointed in the gayness of the squatting.

A: on a gay pivot machine that stops the weight dead and rebounds anyway so you don't need to.
B: Wasn't that heavy anyway
C: They had f**king suits on under thier kit I noticed

Considering this is 'Worlds Strongest Man' - emphasis on the 'strongest' here I thought they were pretty s**t squatters to be honest.

More squat events are needed in strongman to sort this s**t out, there are loads of deadlifts/back based events, yet half the guys have such skinny legs it's embarassing. There are a few animals bulky all over with legs that can squat granted, but not enough to warrent 'Worlds strongest' title.

in my opinion worlds strongest man is the battle to be crowned the worlds strongest athlete. if it were the crown of worlds strongest man literally it would be andy bolton or the biggest deadlifter, as its the ultimate feat of strength. its about been given any event and set rules and winning the event based on your athletic abilities and strength. arnold classic is more along the lines of pure strength. mariusz dominates wsm, but doesnt in the classic because less athletic abilities are needed, but more strength. thats why powerlifters are stronger at static lifts because they sacrifisce athletic abilitie most of the time, fitness, etc.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)30-12-2008 @ 01:39 
JC said:
Sorry mate, meant this year/last season. Good showings considering your lack of events training.

Might see you on the 105 circuit, or SSM if your competing!

cheers! hopefully i can get into the sugden comp if someone drops out, just got to wait and see.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)29-12-2008 @ 12:03 
JC said:
Nice to see another strongman log, you look strong Kieran

You did well @ Sever Valley Novice last year didn't you?

i did the severn valley this year with no event training and came 5th. and came 4th at cully strongman few months ago with 2 event sessions at whey gym. bought a yoke and farmers off shawn and got an old log, so just practising the event training with those now. hopefully next year ill be alot stronger and be able to enter intermediate comps.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)29-12-2008 @ 00:59 
MattGriff said:
Kieran you big girls blouse, didn't realise it was you on here!

Those log presses looked better than the Tim Shaw press Wink

haha tim shaw only weighed 76.2kg! and i made it look hard.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)28-12-2008 @ 22:39 
good advice, taken on board ken. i just got to keep practising, not had equipment long.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)28-12-2008 @ 22:29 
BigKen said:
Make sure you get the head through all the time and hold it for a few seconds at the top mate, or it will not get counted as a rep.

Also, dont want to sound like a cock, but if I was judging those 120k presses in a comp you wouldnt have gotten one. Just down to head being through, arms didnt look totally locked from that angle (maybe they were, not sure) and there was no hold at the top.

cheers for tips, ive never seen a video of me lifting and totally agree about not holding long enough at top for a judge to pass lift . arms werent in a fully locked position at top or in any other overhead exercise, i usually leave half inch from lock out to look after elbow joints. do you think this is not a good idea? i can easily lock out, holding at top is something ill do from now on.
» My journal. Kieran (Go to post)28-12-2008 @ 22:08 
Post Edited: 30.12.2008 @ 01:35 AM by bhamstaff

120kg

12345678910 ... ... 6667686970717273747576

You are here: HomeForumbhamstaff → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions