Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitClean to Front Squat ratio

Clean to Front Squat ratio

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Rusev
While I was doing a bit of coaching with the guys down the gym they always ask questions like how much is a good so and so lift - I say just train and try to get stronger dont worry about what other people do

then this question came up which was actually quite a valid one for a change

I read years ago you should do about 75%

mine was about 93% 172 clean / but with only 185 fr sq

I remember my team mate many years ago 145 clean 195 front squat ?

so as a straw poll what 'split was/is yours ?

thoughts ? strong pull just very effective clean crap squat or bit of both
mine is 125/155 so 80%

Dosen't seem that bad? Need to get both up considerably! Mainly the clean.
Do you want power clean number too? I'm sure many people like myself won't have a full clean number. If so mine is 100/155.
I've heard that you should be able to clean you front squat triple. Which actually sounds pretty heavy now I think about it
PAGAN said:Do you want power clean number too? I'm sure many people like myself won't have a full clean number. If so mine is 100/155.

Bet you could power clean more than 100 if you wanted to!
Steve
I've also read various opinions.

Personally I would have thought 75% was very low and expected a far higher clean percentage from a technically sound lifter.

My best clean in training was 180kg with a 200kg f squat. I suspect I might have even cleaned more, but seeing as I couldn't get anywhere near jerking it there didn't seem much point.

I seem to remember Giles Greenwood could clean at least as much as he could f squat at one stage. Obviously a good position to be in to make the most of your strength
115/180kg.... 64% - I'm rubbish at cleaning, something I'm working on!
MrSmall
I did 122.5 with a 135 front squat
120 clean, 175 frontie Roll-Eyes Grin
MrSmall
On average, the Chinese front squat 109% of their cleans, and the Russians front squat 118% of their cleans, I read somewhere. Clean 90% of your front squat is something I've read a few places too.
Rusev
Simeon said:I've heard that you should be able to clean you front squat triple. Which actually sounds pretty heavy now I think about it

yes thats another bench mark I heard too
90/140

Poo Clean
132.5/150
137.5 / 205

Power clean though, I seldom load the clean.
200 front squat 190 clean 170 power clean

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitClean to Front Squat ratio
Return to top View Desktop Site