Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSTRONGMEN, whats your max clean?

STRONGMEN, whats your max clean?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

macroth said:Just caught on that this is about the natty qualifier.

I can DOH clean 100kg@95 with an axle, and I'm s**t alround. I find it difficult to believe that most people at the comp won't manage to powermong bodyweight on a regular bar. Confused

I also find it funny that people are moaning about the clean. Isn't that the easy part in a clean+press? Grin

Press should be the limiting factor, not the clean

most guys can press more than they can full/powerclean IMO

Its SM, not WL....F2OH ANYHOW
neilakaconan said:112.5 @88 kg. Let me use my belt tho and Il clean over 140kg Grin

But youre no where near putting it overhead so its irrelivant...
JC said:
Its SM, not WL....F2OH ANYHOW

Wh not have it out the rack then?
JC said:

I agree.

This blows my mind. Does anyone know if this is also true for weightlifters? Can they usually jerk more out of the rack than they can clean?
George_Winston said:
Wh not have it out the rack then?

'cause that not F2OH is it lol
macroth said:
This blows my mind. Does anyone know if this is also true for weightlifters? Can they usually jerk more out of the rack than they can clean?

It depends... Id say most can jerk more than they can clean and jerk...... But also alot will clean alot more than they can clean and jerk..
macroth said:

Yes, often much more. There are many vids on youtube of guys doing a much higher jerk than they can c+j

I can strict more than i can power or full clean personally. Although I can continental more than i can push press.
JC said:
'cause that not F2OH is it lol

But if youre going to make the clean that easy ( belt clean etc) you might aswell Wink
slimsim
davycummings said:
Yes, often much more. There are many vids on youtube of guys doing a much higher jerk than they can c+j
I can strict more than i can power or full clean personally. Although I can continental more than i can push press.

But is that because they have better jerks or just that they're f**ked after doing the clean?

Jerking after a clean is like being asked to do a 95% squat after a 95% deadlift.
scorpian
Post Edited: 18.04.2013 @ 16:11 PM by scorpian
140 @ 138power clean
George_Winston said:

120over head last time i tried. Did 115x3 x3 x3 on Monday so wonder What it'll be now?
slimsim said:
But is that because they have better jerks or just that they're f**ked after doing the clean?
Jerking after a clean is like being asked to do a 95% squat after a 95% deadlift.

I have no doubt that the exertion of the clean reduces ones ability to jerk. Just that there are many vids of guys doing bigger jerks than their c+j, but you dont see so many vids of bigger cleans.
George_Winston said:
neilakaconan said:
112.5 @88 kg. Let me use my belt tho and Il clean over 140kg Grin

You 2 are always flirting.
slimsim
davycummings said:
I have no doubt that the exertion of the clean reduces ones ability to jerk. Just that there are many vids of guys doing bigger jerks than their c+j, but you dont see so many vids of bigger cleans.

Very true.

I wonder if the top lifters can do more but simply don't because there's no point?

To get back to the question in hand. When I first started doing strongman I could do 142.5kg at 90kg...........but that was following 6years of weightlifting so probably doesn't count.
slimsim said:
Very true.
I wonder if the top lifters can do more but simply don't because there's no point?
To get back to the question in hand. When I first started doing strongman I could do 142.5kg at 90kg...........but that was following 6years of weightlifting so probably doesn't count.

and now you miss 120

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSTRONGMEN, whats your max clean?
Return to top View Desktop Site