Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSPOTO full bench meet

SPOTO full bench meet

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Disappointing, sure he'll get it soon enough though.
Aquarian
I hope that old geezer is ok - spotters were half asleep when he dropped the weight on himself. After what happened to the Russian he'd better get to A&E in a rush.

Piss poor comp - virtually no good lifts and even the ones that were passed were a joke.

Surprised to see Max Aita of the 0-600 squat in 60s fame struggle with a 160 odd bench when I think his raw squat is 705.
Can't believe Spoto missed all 3, thought he had it for sure Unhappy
Also can't believe Efferding bombed, I thought I'd be seeing a 2300lbs total Unhappy
Good to see Lilliebridge with a WR squat though
Spotos third attempt was so close , if only he could have got the power for the right arm to lockout . If he had attempted a lower opener of around 310 and got a good lift in im sure he would have had the right frame of mind he could of blown it away. Also some of the the guys in his flight were benching 80kilos , i would have liked to have seen him up against atleast one 300kg+ lifter to have pushed him abit . Great to have events live streammed but the atmosphere was like a wake where was all the fans ???
Aquarian said:

Surprised to see Max Aita of the 0-600 squat in 60s fame struggle with a 160 odd bench when I think his raw squat is 705.

I'm pretty sure he has some wrist problem which meant he struggled holding weights overhead (a lot of his squat videos have him holding straps rather than the bar)

Shame that Spoto couldn't get a lift in - it all seemed a bit casual - the last competition I lifted in had more of a sense of occasion - I hate to see people wandering around in the background .
Post Edited: 04.11.2012 @ 09:49 AM by BigMacca
Not meaning to take anything away from Spoto (the guy is a pressing beast), but this is the first time I've seen him lifting on calibrated equipment (eleiko in this case).

His last massive bench was using the same plates that Benny pulled his 460kg deadlift on......
His 3rd 325kg attempt was very close though. With so many people expecting him to smash a new WR the pressure may have been too much for him
MrSmall
To be fair to the bloke what would have changed if he had done say 305, 310kg bench? He went straight for an alltime WR that stood for how long?
BigMacca said:Not meaning to take anything away from Spoto (the guy is a pressing beast), but this is the first time I've seen him lifting on calibrated equipment (eleiko in this case).

His last massive bench was using the same plates that Benny pulled his 460kg deadlift on......

Yes Macca but to be fair this is the heaviest he has been on all the vids he has done on youtube ,so it was unchartered territory and a good 4 and a half hours before his first lift plus the monumental pressure !! He was soo close on that last attempt
MrSmall said:To be fair to the bloke what would have changed if he had done say 305, 310kg bench? He went straight for an alltime WR that stood for how long?

true ,held for 7 years and Hendersons was back in 1997 .
Alot very big lifts in the comp, a good few 800lb pulls, Lilliebridge squat. Shame Spoto couldnt hit the WR but im sure the bloke knows its his for the taking and shouldnt have much of an impact on him i imagine.
Shame about the bombs! Didn't see EBs squats as Ustream went down!

I saw one guy absoltly bury approx 300kg. Then saw Brandon Lilly get a half squat passed Happy
drew2
Post Edited: 04.11.2012 @ 14:27 PM by drew2
Double Penetration
drew2
Post Edited: 04.11.2012 @ 14:36 PM by drew2
What a strange meet! Some guys burying squats olympic style others doing sumo squats barely touching parallel. Efferding passing on his first lift Confused only to bomb on squats Confused . Strong guys but 'sumo squats' aren't for me.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosSPOTO full bench meet
Return to top View Desktop Site