Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPhone help!

Phone help!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve
Any chance of reviving a phone after 2 hours in the washing machine?
shanejer
Put it in some rice over night
shanejer said:Put it in some rice over night

Add a stock cube and some peas then your done
2 hours in the dryer?
MrSmall
What phone?

Put it in a tub of rice, best chance.

Iphones occasionally burn out their brightness components in this sort of thing, so it might be pitch black/f**ked on one brightness setting, fine if you go brighter on the options screen.
I went swimming with my car keys in my pocket a while back ! Hope it survives Steve !
coyle
My daughter dropped her 3ds in bath and it worked again but the camera was broke.Do not try turning on till dryed out take battery out and let it dry i used a hair dryer for a couple of hours. good luck
REST ICE COMPRESS ELEVATE
Mark
Don't turn it on, take it apart as much as you can then stick it in a bowl of rice in your airing cupboard for a few days
Chemby
Mark said:Don't turn it on, take it apart as much as you can then stick it in a bowl of rice in your airing cupboard for a few days

^this
Steve
Phone was supposed to be waterproof. I guess it wasn't spin proof as the back had fallen off.behind the screen looks like a half full fish tank now.
http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone
sprange67
First and most important take the battery out. Next heat your oven to no more than 80oC, 100 absolute max. Put phone in for 2 to 4 hours. This goes for pretty much any electronics
I wouldnt put it in an oven lol.

Just do what the others have said, take it apart as much as possible and hope that it dries out. You could use some talcum powder instead of rice too.

When it seems mostly dry (after a few days in an airing cupboard) you could try spraying some electrical cleaner (alcohol) into it. This will help the remnants of moisture evaporate.
Steve
Thanks for the suggestions, but after 4 days and still full of water I think the phone is officially dead!

On a positive note - without the distract of music or podcasts from the phone I just knocked 4 minutes off my best 10k time despite strong winds and at times being ankle deep in mud. (doing a still slow 57min)
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPhone help!
Return to top View Desktop Site