Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosKen Nowicki, 175kg BTN Jerk

Ken Nowicki, 175kg BTN Jerk

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Didn't get a chance to put this up yesterday as I was rushing around prepping for todays exam.

Here's the PB I hit yesterday. Was ok, but a bit slow:

Can't argue with that! Wicked.
strong lift
Pretty good but .................Why ?????
Just another overhead variation bro Happy
ok ?? but will it make your log/axle numbers better ?? rep's an weight ??

train for what is coming not for numbers showing
MrSmall
Strong mate!
Very strong since there isn't a lot of second dip too.
I find it does, on axle for sure. If I'm putting bigger numbers up on the btn and front jerk my axle improves, and working on my fitness is helping my reps too.

Log is getting there, I need to work on the speed off the chest and if I'm jerking it dipping under. It's coming though.
Hey if it works for ya cool !!
stoneman said:ok ?? but will it make your log/axle numbers better ?? rep's an weight ??

I find BTN jerk more fun than a serious exercise to but by doing them it helps break up the routine and stops you going through the motions, adds some fun etc, gotta be good for motivation if nothing else?
Btw Ken Nice Jerk!
awesomeGrin
stoneman said:ok ?? but will it make your log/axle numbers better ?? rep's an weight ??

Variety! Training this lift, strict press, push press, push jerks, whatever else, will make you a better all around presser. If you only train for what is coming up than you lose out and get weaker or less technically sound on the other types you dont train. It is ok to put a little more emphasis on the one you may have in a contest, but I would never neglect the other presses just because I don't do them in my next show.

Good lift by the way Ken!
Superb !
stainless
That was so good i had to watch it twice.Of course it helps your other lifts,delts,tri's,leg drive,why wouldn't it?
Unofficial Scottish record.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosKen Nowicki, 175kg BTN Jerk
Return to top View Desktop Site