Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionPaleo diet

Paleo diet

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

aye and these theories dont really know basic biology either. Its not really as much about human evolution as the evolution of the hundreds of bacteria species in our gut with very fast turnarounds which can make us digest pretty much every f**king thing thrown at us given time Grin
Steve
Post Edited: 11.09.2010 @ 21:08 PM by Steve
Joni said:aye and these theories dont really know basic biology either. Its not really as much about human evolution as the evolution of the hundreds of bacteria species in our gut with very fast turnarounds which can make us digest pretty much every f**king thing thrown at us given time Grin

I'm not trying to argue for or against here, but I don't think anybody is claiming grains ... can't be digested. Many of the theories are about the problems lectin wheat germ agglutinin causes after it is digested and gets into the blood stream
Steve said:
I'm not trying to argue for or against here, but I don't think anybody is claiming grains ... can't be digested. Many of the theories are about the problems lectin wheat germ agglutinin causes after it is digested and gets into the blood stream

.... And effect on the gl of the diet and their prominence in the diet which takes away from other important food groups
or not...
Joni said:or not...

...indeed but grains have taken a prominent place in the diet. Breakfast for example is grain heavy, infact every meal typically contains a large proportion of grain product. Whilst this is not bad per say their prominence certainly takes the place of other sources i.e. fruit and veg. If you are a sedentary individual then calorie control is of importance, emphasis on grains leaves less room for manoeuvre r.e. the food sources that should surely be staples.
japanese seem to be healthier than westeners with even higher grain ratio?
Post Edited: 12.09.2010 @ 09:06 AM by martinb
Joni said:japanese seem to be healthier than westeners with even higher grain ratio?

ah, but it turns out their figures could be wrong

they are missing 2300 of ther over 100 year olds, seems it could be mass benifit fraud

plus dont they average something like 20 small portions of fruit and veg a day? and unbelievable amounts of fresh fish?
martinb said:
plus dont they average something like 20 small portions of fruit and veg a day? and unbelievable amounts of fresh fish?

sure, but thats not an argument against grains?

do these paleo diets talk against using dairy since it has been in human diet for even shorter period and tolerated by a smaller portion of human population?
Steve
Joni said:japanese seem to be healthier than westeners with even higher grain ratio?

When Japanese move to "Western" countries and start to cosume westerner grains as opposed to rice, which is gluten free, they soon start to display all the same health problems.

Interestly the Okinawans from Japan who have been extensively studied as they have amongst the longest life expectancy and lowest rates of chronic disease in the world appear to consume more protein and most of their carbohydrates in the
form of tubers and only a small amount of rice.

That is not a real counter argument. Epidemiogy is tough, nutritional epidemiology is very tough to analyse. It really isn't as simple as cause and effect. Everheard of the vicker and offliscence (spelling I know) tale?
Steve
Joni said:
do these paleo diets talk against using dairy since it has been in human diet for even shorter period and tolerated by a smaller portion of human population?

yes many do
Joni said:

Yes. They mostly preach meat, fish and seafood, leafy greens, fruit, nuts and seeds.
the paleo folks like some vegans can behave like a group of religious zealots, what so retarded about the paleo followers is that the paleo man didn't eat all that out of choice for what was optimal, they ate that because that was what was available, They would have eaten doughnut and pizza if it was there. Fast forward to today, you now have idiots pretending to adopt the lifestyle of a paleo caveman whilst surfing the internet and driving around in cars.
MrSmall
I always find the word "tuber" quite funny.
MrSmall said:I always find the word "tuber" quite funny.

I work with a guy named Zuber. I dont laugh at this as much as I should I think.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionPaleo diet
Return to top View Desktop Site