REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 206 guests

Cheating in sport or just getting an edge ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ChrisMcCarthyIcon...01-04-2018 @ 15:21 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
PaulSavage said:
Mayweather has all the records and he's 150lb soaking wet.

But would Mayweather beat Joshua?

Frankly I'd rather watch Middleweights box rather than Heavyweights since 99 / 100 as you are practically guaranteed a far more interesting fight - which is why there is a lot of money to be made there and always has been - but in terms of one beating the other...
KevC86Icon...01-04-2018 @ 15:44 
Member 5141, 4207 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Completely untrue, women weren't even allowed to play sports not long back, it's not about ability against men. Before Conor McGregor Ronda Rousey was the highest paid ufc competitor ever. That's only slightly after women's mma existed big picture. Wait a while.
Women's is the fastest rising division in strongman and millions upon millions of female lifters could care less about your ignorant and sexist views. You are no better than any of them and even with your genetically advanced male body, there's women out there that could beat you at nigh on every sport going. A strange fact considering they are all just doing it for no more than 'something to do' as you put it.

As much as i love Ronda (and I'll happily admit to sporting a massive crush) she succeeded in UFC because she was in there early. She was never a spectacular fighter, nor would she ever have been a match for a male fighter.

Her earnings came from her marketability, not from her fighting skills.

As for all these female athletes that are better than me, thats good for them. Although i cant imagine many of them take pride in being better than a man who has never trained in their sport.

The only female i know well who competes in professional sport is a footballer. And while I've no doubt she is a far better footballer than me, she is never going to earn £100.000 a week, because she wasn't born with a penis.

The only sport i train for is strongman and I've yet to meet the strongwoman that will beat me, and thats despite me being only mediocre at my chosen sport.

The top men in every sport will always be better than the top woman, if that wasnt the case we wouldnt need seperate records or divisions for each sex.
PaulSavageIcon...01-04-2018 @ 15:45 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
ChrisMcCarthy said:
But would Mayweather beat Joshua?
Frankly I'd rather watch Middleweights box rather than Heavyweights since 99 / 100 as you are practically guaranteed a far more interesting fight - which is why there is a lot of money to be made there and always has been - but in terms of one beating the other...

Why does he need to beat Joshua??He's never fought outside the weight classes he's been in and is the highest paid boxer ever by a long way.
PaulSavageIcon...01-04-2018 @ 15:53 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:
As much as i love Ronda (and I'll happily admit to sporting a massive crush) she succeeded in UFC because she was in there early. She was never a spectacular fighter, nor would she ever have been a match for a male fighter.
Her earnings came from her marketability, not from her fighting skills.
As for all these female athletes that are better than me, thats good for them. Although i cant imagine many of them take pride in being better than a man who has never trained in their sport.
The only female i know well who competes in professional sport is a footballer. And while I've no doubt she is a far better footballer than me, she is never going to earn £100.000 a week, because she wasn't born with a penis.
The only sport i train for is strongman and I've yet to meet the strongwoman that will beat me, and thats despite me being only mediocre at my chosen sport.
The top men in every sport will always be better than the top woman, if that wasnt the case we wouldnt need seperate records or divisions for each sex.

Nobody is saying the top women can beat the top men. Nobody said Ronda would have beat the top guys. She competed in her devision, women's bantamweight, and made more money than any male ever did. She could care less about having a penis or if you have crush on her. There's tons of women that could beat you at the vast majority of sports that they also don't train at.
KevC86Icon...01-04-2018 @ 15:56 
Member 5141, 4207 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Nobody is saying the top women can beat the top men. Nobody said Ronda would have beat the top guys. She competed in her devision, women's bantamweight, and made more money than any male ever did. She could care less about having a penis or if you have crush on her. There's tons of women that could beat you at the vast majority of sports that they also don't train at.

Ok, I'll worry about all these women that can beat me, you worry about what excuse to use next time you bottle a comp. Deal?
PaulSavageIcon...01-04-2018 @ 15:58 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:
Ok, I'll worry about all these women that can beat me, you worry about what excuse to use next time you bottle a comp. Deal?

Not going to rise to trolling anymore, wasting your time.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...01-04-2018 @ 16:40 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
PaulSavage said:
Why does he need to beat Joshua??He's never fought outside the weight classes he's been in and is the highest paid boxer ever by a long way.

I suspect - and not for the first time - you've decided you're going to have an argument despite no one else arguing the argument you think you're having.

Have fun with that. Happy
PaulSavageIcon...01-04-2018 @ 16:48 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
ChrisMcCarthy said:Weight Classes may increase popularity but they're only there to give the rest of Humanity something to do.

This is your post from page 2, which started the argument. Yes though, I shouldn't have bothered, was pointless.
scruffmcbuffIcon...01-04-2018 @ 16:53 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
umpalumpalifter said:
Think I must be a chauvinistic pig too. Luckily despite everyone trying to make prize purses equal the thing which is telling doesn't change -viewing figures. Look at Wimbledon, the two finals don't compare as people aren't as interested.
The only way to make things equal would be to only have one open class in all sports with winner taking all.
As soon as you opt for divisions, whether it's
*weight
You are automatically admitting you aren't the best. Sport in its basic format is always about finding the best - that's why the heavyweights in boxing take the biggest prizes.

Best post on here IMO.
Altho i understand why the classes exist and i dont argue that, if you need a calculator to prove lifter a is stronger then lifter b does it even count!?!
IainKendrickIcon...01-04-2018 @ 17:16 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
scruffmcbuff said:
Best post on here IMO.
Altho i understand why the classes exist and i dont argue that, if you need a calculator to prove lifter a is stronger then lifter b does it even count!?!

You'd have to be a moron to do that. You could claim to be a 'better' lifter though Happy
scruffmcbuffIcon...01-04-2018 @ 17:49 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
IainKendrick said:
You'd have to be a moron to do that. You could claim to be a 'better' lifter though Happy

Oh i agree! But the amount of times ive been at meets and heard people have that very argument.
umpalumpalifterIcon...01-04-2018 @ 18:24 
Member 5836, 366 posts
SQ 220, BP 137.5, DL 235
592.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Mayweather has all the records and he's 150lb soaking wet.

He has the best record of beating every other 150lb guy -put him in with a bigger guy (not even top heavyweights) and he will probably be beat - same goes for every strongman, powerlifter, weightlifting etc. Size matters, ultimately you want to know whose the best full stop, not best within a ten pound range.

There's so many talented female,athletes out there but ultimately against the best men they won't win - therefore in sport you are making a concession and the comment of women's classes being there to appease the masses and increase participation is true - same as weight, masters etc
KevC86Icon...01-04-2018 @ 18:29 
Member 5141, 4207 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
umpalumpalifter said:
He has the best record of beating every other 150lb guy -put him in with a bigger guy (not even top heavyweights) and he will probably be beat - same goes for every strongman, powerlifter, weightlifting etc. Size matters, ultimately you want to know whose the best full stop, not best within a ten pound range.
There's so many talented female,athletes out there but ultimately against the best men they won't win - therefore in sport you are making a concession and the comment of women's classes being there to appease the masses and increase participation is true - same as weight, masters etc

Your logic has no power here!
AdamTIcon...01-04-2018 @ 19:13 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
umpalumpalifter said:

I get your logic, but many would rather watch Mayweather and Pacquiao, than lumps like Joshua.

Far more speed, skill and finesse.
KevC86Icon...01-04-2018 @ 19:34 
Member 5141, 4207 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
I get your logic, but many would rather watch Mayweather and Pacquiao, than lumps like Joshua.
Far more speed, skill and finesse.

I dont disagree with this, but, outside of fans of the sport, the heavyweight champ is the one most likely to be known. Everyone knows who Tyson and Ali are, only people with an interest in boxing know Mayweather.

A lot of people know who the WSM is, very few could name the top 105, or WSW. Everyone knows who Usain Bolt is, but how many people know who the reiging Paralympic 100m champion is?

Most sports have one division or competition that is better known than the rest. In boxing that is mens heavyweights.

That doesn't diminish champions in the other classes, they still gave it their best and beat the competition. But it is foolhardy to expect more than a tiny handful of such winners to ever get the acclaim of those who win in the popular division.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions