REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 8 members and 26 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts

View All Posts: umpalumpalifter

» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)09-01-2019 @ 08:36 
Tom_Martin said:
Nah, I've walked out and squatted 330 as a very skinny 80kg lifter, it took me less than a year to do this from a starting point of having never squatted more than 200 or so, plenty lighter have done a lot more, this isn't making an insurmountable amount of difference

Fair enough.

As a point of interest what would be the difference in your current walk out vs monolift squat now? Would it be the same?
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)08-01-2019 @ 09:46 
danbaseley said:https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8oIEul5Vv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&...

323.5kg squat @75kg bodyweight!?!?

Monstrous squat, didn't look like he could even support it when first untracked the amount of tension/shaking.

Feel this does show the difference between monolift and walking a squat out - bit like sleeves/raw versus wrapped when comparing?
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)12-12-2018 @ 22:45 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTZYHOBM5I/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&...

Fifteen years old!
» Tyson Fury V Deontay Wilder (Go to post)04-12-2018 @ 13:39 
Most thought Fury would be too rusty for this fight - if that is true a rematch would have him controlling the fight more, moving better and less likely to be caught and with better stamina
» How much are these IVANKO plates worth? (Go to post)27-10-2018 @ 21:22 
unit94 said:4-5 quid a kg I reckon

The issue you have with second hand calibrated weight plates is you can buy 400kg + of rogue calibrated plates for less than you are suggesting as second hand price.
» 900kg and 1000kg Raw totals in Britain (Go to post)16-10-2018 @ 12:00 
BigMacca said:Luke's 1000.5kg total for those that haven't seen it yet

Here's the direct link as it doesn't seem to want to embed!

http://youtu.be/-2rL1-yJOoI

The deadlift for me does not look as tough as many have made out? Slows a little but wasn't a grind?
» one shoulder higher than other (Go to post)04-09-2018 @ 12:10 
Doing something to try and rectify it isn't difficult for a short term result - stretch what's tight, strengthen what's lengthened.

The bigger issue is why?

Either what you do in every day life or a problem further down. If you look.at what the people at AIM (anatomy in motion) say often it will be issues with the foot/ankle resulting in the body compensating further up - getting to the root cause is necessary for long term rectification
» Sandbags (Go to post)30-08-2018 @ 14:48 
LessThanLuke said:
Got new Cerberus bags this week. I'll fill the 100kg capacity bag half way and have a play with it and let you know.

Much appreciated. Thanks
» Sandbags (Go to post)30-08-2018 @ 12:32 
Query for any of you who have the double ply type sandbags sold by cerberus, rogue etc (zip top with strap covering etc)

If I purchased a 90kg bag and only filled to 70kg do these bags still work as well? The older style sandbags would just require tying off lower.

Want to buy a bag which can grow as my strength grows but worried the newer styles wouldn't work as well?
» Attacked for deadlifting too loudly (Go to post)03-08-2018 @ 12:08 
Damn, I thought he was virtually ninja like in his deadlift
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)11-05-2018 @ 20:27 
Big stone lift

https://www.instagram.com/p/BipKVJ1gPKU/
» Is eating healthy expensive? (Go to post)09-05-2018 @ 06:35 
FAT_SAM said:
Sticking a 1.50 pizza in the oven is the easiest fastest and cheapest way of eating 1000kcals. It's why people do it. The macro breakdown isn't even that bad either.

Again going back to what I eat, takes 20 - 30 mins to prepare meals on Sunday. Two minutes in the microwave at work and I have a hot healthy meal quicker than it takes for colleagues to go across the road to the garage and buy a chocolate bar and sandwich
» Is eating healthy expensive? (Go to post)08-05-2018 @ 14:04 
I cook five meals which are roughly
50g carbs, 25g protein and 10g fat each. The total cost is 1.70 or about 33p a meal. It has two portions of veg in It.

Eating healthy is cheap but a lot more effort. Family of four I spend 40-50 a week max and have meat in two meals each day and at least five a day of fruit and veg
» Becca on BBC news beat and radio one (Go to post)07-05-2018 @ 19:30 
I see many of the issues facing modern society here being used as justification.

It's easy to find an exception to the rule, typically it's an overweight person whose health markers are fine as justification that it's ok to be overweight and still healthy. Problem is the general reason MOST people are overweight is due to poor lifestyle choices with little exercise and poor eating habits. Finding young people who exercise, are overweight and healthy is not going to help those who struggle with weight and face life reducing conditions because of it -makes it far too easy to rationalise it away.

Saying 'everyone's overweight, so it's ok' isn't great either. If we swapped out being overweight which we know isn't great for us for something less emotive like debt we would more easily agree it's not good, if we said in the last ten years more people carry more debt and it's having a negative impact we would be more likely to take action.

Saying more people use gyms more often probably isn't that true when we look at the point of exercise - higher physical activity. We know due to modern conveniences and jobs we are less physically active. Many longitudinal studies estimate we expend around 150 kcals less per day now than back fifty years ago. Maybe a slightly higher percentage of people use gyms now (think it's still only about 15% of the population) but for the average person this will not equal roughly 1000kcals less per week expended.

Another study showed parents underestimated their child's weight 'problem' -why? Because they were overweight and thought it was normal.

Let's face it the population is getting fatter, whether it's the weight itself or the lifestyle that induces the weight gain it doesn't matter, it's still having a negative impact on health. People complain about NHS being underfunded -no it's overworked as we as a nation are doing things to add strain to it. Glorifying that it's OK to be overweight might be fine for the exceptional few but it's not going to help the current situation we face.

Should someone feel bad/negatively about overweight? No, but don't line up excuses which don't apply for the masses either.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)20-04-2018 @ 08:52 
Mikeneto said:Biby 183kg x7 on log

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhw7GtXA1Eb/

Interesting that a one rep max calculator would put his max at 226 from that, would be probably be about right from the 220 training press we have seen

You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto