Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuture of strongman?

Future of strongman?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Rambrud said:Hello,

I don't know what are the strongest man federation rules but i was wondering if those amazing powerful guy are taking any AAS and/or HGH. It may be a stupid question but i had to ask. It is mind blowing what those competitors can do. So like i said, i don't know if they are tested for AAs but it's hard to believe that they can be that strong just natural...

They all say their prayers, take their vitamins and drink milk.
I think that Unit is the future of British strongman.
AdamT
I like Paul and he has some potential, but for me Tom Stoltman is the guy. Height is certainly not everything, but it definitely helps.
AdamT said:I like Paul and he has some potential, but for me Tom Stoltman is the guy. Height is certainly not everything, but it definitely helps.

They'll be loads of people we've never heard of that will come and be top contenders. Not everyone who will be at the top is on the scene at the moment.

Look at janashia. He came from seemingly nowhere and came 4th
AdamT

I don't know what are the strongest man federation rules but i was wondering if those amazing powerful guy are taking any AAS and/or HGH. It may be a stupid question but i had to ask. It is mind blowing what those competitors can do. So like i said, i don't know if they are tested for AAs but it's hard to believe that they can be that strong just natural...

I would say they're natural.

What are AAS?
Jaybuk
93hopkinsonr said:
What are AAS?

It's double doses of creatine

AAS = Av Anuva Scoop
AdamT
93hopkinsonr said:
What are AAS?

You're most likely joking, but for any guests reading,

Androgenic Anabolic Steroids!
I know for a fact that HGH is used in strongman. I can only presume anabolics are.
matthewvc said:
exactly, watch powerlifting if you want to be bored s**tless as a spectator lol. what has happened with SM is it's become quite regulated now with the same handful of events, with 'official' equipment (e.g. IFSA spec logs, stones, DL bars).
was good in the old WSM days when you'd see random implements that had some local connection. e.g. arm-over-arm a fishing boat if the comp was held in a port.

Pudzian was epic at that.
slow_lift_joe
Evening Everyone.

With regards to Drugs in Strongman and Powerlifting ?
Louie Simmons has a saying
"I was born in the night but not last night"

I do not know, I was never good enough so I just say some people train harder and are just stronger and I respect them for their lifting & strength skills.

I do not know about drugs or HGH, I really do not.
But Mr Simmons more than likely has a point.

Performance supplements in the 21st century have improved greatly.
Sports nutrition is a big focus now.
Plus advanced training methods.

It just evolves.

The future will be 600 kilo deadlift being normal in Strongman ?
Log Press 300 kilo normal in Strongman ?

The big question in my opinion is the life span and the overall health of a Strongman and Powerlifter, plus the injuries which could stop a young strongman from progressing early in his career.

I would like to see some vertical squat jumps to see how far these Strongman can jump, it is proven test of strength. Even a weighted vertical squat jump.
Who can jump higher with serious kilos loaded on their back.

Slow Lift Joe.

Grin Grin
slow_lift_joe said:Evening Everyone.

With regards to Drugs in Strongman and Powerlifting ?
Louie Simmons has a saying
"I was born in the night but not last night"

I do not know, I was never good enough so I just say some people train harder and are just stronger and I respect them for their lifting & strength skills.

I do not know about drugs or HGH, I really do not.
But Mr Simmons more than likely has a point.

Performance supplements in the 21st century have improved greatly.
Sports nutrition is a big focus now.
Plus advanced training methods.

It just evolves.

The future will be 600 kilo deadlift being normal in Strongman ?
Log Press 300 kilo normal in Strongman ?

The big question in my opinion is the life span and the overall health of a Strongman and Powerlifter, plus the injuries which could stop a young strongman from progressing early in his career.

I would like to see some vertical squat jumps to see how far these Strongman can jump, it is proven test of strength. Even a weighted vertical squat jump.
Who can jump higher with serious kilos loaded on their back.

Slow Lift Joe.

Grin Grin

I'd say vertical leap is more of a test of rate of force development than strength.
slow_lift_joe
You are more than likely correct.

...I just jest.
billynomates
The height augmentation training pioneered by Z is sure to make a big difference in years to come. Athletes will be able to shift their shapes and alter levers to suit the lift at hand. Exciting times ahead for sure
AdamT said:
You're most likely joking, but for any guests reading,
Androgenic Anabolic Steroids!

They sound bad for you

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuture of strongman?
Return to top View Desktop Site