You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhat have we done

What have we done

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

force10Icon...15-05-2013 @ 12:54 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Who the f**ks Eddy Hall everyone keeps going on about ?
AdamTIcon...15-05-2013 @ 13:05 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
force10 said:Who the f**ks Eddy Hall everyone keeps going on about ?

uks strongest man, Wsm competitor. Very strong young man. Or are you being sarcastic?lol
force10Icon...15-05-2013 @ 21:11 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
uks strongest man, Wsm competitor. Very strong young man. Or are you being sarcastic?lol

No, I can honestly say iv never heard of him untill the recent threads. Just a thought If hes wanted to get very well known hes done that now with all the conversations about him.
Probably a good publicity stunt, its even made me google him.

Usually the way you dont get famous till you do something wrong or upset people in the strenth game.
MarkCleggIcon...15-05-2013 @ 21:13 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
You pulled a similar stunt didn't you
RyanDodzIcon...15-05-2013 @ 22:47 
Member 3480, 96 posts
SQ 210, BP 130, DL 290
630.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 15.05.2013 @ 22:48 PM by RyanDodz
For a guy that doesn't post much like myself, my honest personal opinion is that this site is too cliquey. Full of people who are happy to give free rim jobs to people in the group, but super fast to put someone down who isn't.

The advice that was given to me when starting strongman (from a respectable figure in the sport) was to "Go on to Sugden, check out the competition section of the forum and leave as soon as possible or you will just get dragged down"

I know personally that 99% of the guys on here are decent guys when you meet them in person, and most want what is best for the Strongman sport and for it to move forward!
AdamTIcon...15-05-2013 @ 23:47 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
force10 said:
No, I can honestly say iv never heard of him untill the recent threads. Just a thought If hes wanted to get very well known hes done that now with all the conversations about him.
Probably a good publicity stunt, its even made me google him.
Usually the way you dont get famous till you do something wrong or upset people in the strenth game.

he's a static monster. I've never met the man, but I'm sure he's an ok guy. I just get the impression he takes no s**t and says it like it is. I'd much rather have that than some c**t always smiling just because he's supposed to. Plus he said said one of the most memorable quotes I've read on here Happy
force10Icon...15-05-2013 @ 23:57 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
MarkClegg said:You pulled a similar stunt didn't you

Grin
JCIcon...16-05-2013 @ 09:49 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
chaos said:Just thinking about the (pointless) Ed Hall thread and got me wondering about all the top strongmen we've lost from the site:

Big loz hardly posts anymore
doubt Ed will again
Hixxy is hardly on here
Big ken has stopped posting
Big rob frampton
Si Johnson..... there's probalby more and powerlifters

Why have done this? Are we just a bunch of whiny c**ts? Could we get them back? Do we want them back? Does anyone care other than me?

I enjoy hearing there opinions on trianing and comp and s**t and their hints and tips/ pointers!

Si, Loz, Rob & Ed were never big posters TBH

Loz maybe posted a litle more than the other 3

Hixx wants to do his own thing re journal etc

Big Ken is in the US....

Not sure why the above are any more of a loss to Sugden than say Bullet Tooth Tony or Kev or Joni et al (Tony & Joni were huge contributors to the site at one point)

Personally, I'd rather converse witht hem folk (as I know and am friends with them)
RobboIcon...16-05-2013 @ 10:42 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
JC said:
Si, Loz, Rob & Ed were never big posters TBH
Loz maybe posted a litle more than the other 3
Hixx wants to do his own thing re journal etc
Big Ken is in the US....
Not sure why the above are any more of a loss to Sugden than say Bullet Tooth Tony or Kev or Joni et al (Tony & Joni were huge contributors to the site at one point)
Personally, I'd rather converse witht hem folk (as I know and am friends with them)

X2
HarryIcon...18-05-2013 @ 03:09 
I have sex with women
Member 2122, 310 posts
SQ 180, BP 135, DL 220
535.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
RyanDodz said:For a guy that doesn't post much like myself, my honest personal opinion is that this site is too cliquey. Full of people who are happy to give free rim jobs to people in the group, but super fast to put someone down who isn't.

This is on all forums where member interactions go beyond the internet. I was on a paintball forum, two of them actually and the shear number of snowflakes with big chips on their shoulders made you worry about actually being involved in discussions or the sport itself.

I remarked about a certain team doing something that was a popular topic (at the time) and they took exception to me calling them on it.

This forum is pretty much the same.
leeboyIcon...18-05-2013 @ 09:04 
do i love snipers? hellyeah
Member 2025, 883 posts
RyanDodz said:For a guy that doesn't post much like myself, my honest personal opinion is that this site is too cliquey. Full of people who are happy to give free rim jobs to people in the group, but super fast to put someone down who isn't.

The advice that was given to me when starting strongman (from a respectable figure in the sport) was to "Go on to Sugden, check out the competition section of the forum and leave as soon as possible or you will just get dragged down"

I know personally that 99% of the guys on here are decent guys when you meet them in person, and most want what is best for the Strongman sport and for it to move forward!

i think this site gives great advice out, ive had some myself and given it when i can. what is funny on here though is the reaction to videos, a bench on here has to be perfect, a deadlift can be high if its really heavy but has to be low if its under 200kg and a deadlift can be grinded out anyway at all. maybe its the powerlifter/strongman divide which is why everyone should just oly lift
TravisFandangoIcon...18-05-2013 @ 13:43 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Conspiritorially (is that even a word) I'd look at sponsorship, affiliations and an aggressive desire for a full market share.
That might apply in some cases, but not all.

Never been here to try to chat up super star strongmen myself, so if they do or don't post is of little consequence to me.
Like others have said, there are people like Tony and Joni that I miss more. I'm only on Facebook to chat up KeV.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...18-05-2013 @ 16:03 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22057 posts
The anger that we regularly see over people's lifts/training really does baffle and amuse me! It's not as if these things actually matter in life! Grin

Chill Happy

http://turbulence.org/Works/saddest/images/84.jpg

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhat have we done
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions