REGISTER
 

Verbally abusive drug taking bald person

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

MattGriffIcon...18-08-2008 @ 10:38 
Avatar
Member 194, 3976 posts
Bit of an update:
Good squat session yesterday, joined by Gaz Bolton to show us correctly how to squat like Zebedee and he was on good form.

Shoulder is ok when squatting for the moment, bar a twinge when the bar was slightly off loaded , the weight was fine but on the left side the plates have moved away from the collar by a fair bit and it was on my weaker left shoulder which screwed me up a little.
Lee was his usual beastly self with some big numbers going up pretty easily for him, the man could be on for a monster squat if he keeps it this stlye, I know he will have his eye on the 1000lb barrier at some point.
The little bro squatted well too, I think James Coppings Jnr squat record will be smashed to bits very very soon! (record is 340, Jase did a 325 with just a suit and fired it up easily)infact I wouldn't put it past him to push it up alot while he is still a jnr as he is an awesome squatter.

Mike King benched 260 in the gym in a single ply shirt, not bad for a 58yr old!

I did some deadlifts after, unfortunatly my shoulders good form is not liking pulling heavy at the moment so this one is a real ? for the comp, benching seems to be going well so it may be that for this comp coming one of my strongest lifts will have to take a back seat. Will deffo be able to hit 300 maybe 310 as a certainty but not sure how heavy it will be able to go.
IainKendrickIcon...18-08-2008 @ 11:14 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Hope the shoulder continues to improve. Whats the date of your worlds? It's in Leamington Spar is it not? Nice town, may come and watch if I am able to.
CarlIcon...18-08-2008 @ 11:57 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
i should be driving by then, so will more than likely make the drive up aslong as its not reet oop norf lad, im allergic to whippets and flat caps
MattGriffIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:03 
Avatar
Member 194, 3976 posts
IainKendrick said:
Hope the shoulder continues to improve. Whats the date of your worlds? It's in Leamington Spar is it not? Nice town, may come and watch if I am able to.


12th September matey, my bro lifts on the 11th with the 100's but the 110's up to the supers will be on the friday.

I have a feeling ole Mick will be going for the 272.5kg bench, and I will be cheering the ole grandad on.

Carl, its in the midlands mate, so flat caps are replaced with knives and the whippets are replaced with knives
CarlIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:06 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
MattGriff said:



Carl, its in the midlands mate, so flat caps are replaced with knives and the whippets are replaced with knives


lmfao Grin Grin
TitchIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:22 
Avatar
One Sexy MoFo
Member 101, 2470 posts
I lived in Leamington for a few years. Still pop up there every now and again.

Carl, it's £16.50 return from London Marylebone. The price of a mid-morning snack for you.Wink
CarlIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:24 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
Titch said:
I lived in Leamington for a few years. Still pop up there every now and again.

Carl, it's £16.50 return from London Marylebone. The price of a mid-morning snack for you.Wink


but its £30 to london marylebone
IainKendrickIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:28 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
If your driving you can pick me up from Andover station Carl Tongue If you can make it on the friday to see Matt lift?
just_tIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:45 
Avatar
Mr.Fit
Member 164, 5028 posts
SQ 170, BP 135, DL 230
535.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.08.2008 @ 12:46 PM by just_t
if your ever going to go for a session carl let me know as id pop along too!

hope it get all sorted matt
CarlIcon...18-08-2008 @ 12:46 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
a session?? do you mean go to watch the gpc worlds?
just_tIcon...18-08-2008 @ 13:00 
Avatar
Mr.Fit
Member 164, 5028 posts
SQ 170, BP 135, DL 230
535.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Carl said:
a session?? do you mean go to watch the gpc worlds?


duh thats what i ment ye
MattGriffIcon...21-08-2008 @ 09:25 
Avatar
Member 194, 3976 posts
Bit of benching last night, still can't get 220 to touch in the Katana, but on a plus note I did touch and press 230 x 3 very easily, shoulder feels good for bench at the moment, just hope it lasts after squatting.
JCIcon...21-08-2008 @ 09:37 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Nice to see you back in training mate

230X3 is awesome, especially after injury

take even more gear, will recover quicker Happy
little_aIcon...21-08-2008 @ 09:44 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
MattGriff said:
on a plus note I did touch and press 230 x 3 very easily


Much as I try I cant get a pic of 3 skankie council estate gals wearing bench shirts and nothing else. It's like alien life forms, I know they are out there, but I cant find themUnhappy
IainKendrickIcon...21-08-2008 @ 09:52 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Just round some skanks up from your local estate, take em to Alders to get kitted out and take pics! I am sure it wouldn't cost much Grin

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions