REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Top 10 In 2010.

Top 10 In 2010.

12345678910 ... ... 143144145146147148149150151152153

richards9876IconTop 10 In 2010.11-01-2010 @ 20:02 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Thought I would start a new journal to mark my first full year in Strongman.
Aim for 2010 is to place top 10 in a comp to know I’m heading in the right direction. Plan for this year is to train smarter and get in better shape/ condition I was in 2009. Going to do as many comps as I can to get as much experience as I can then in 2011 I’m going to have a proper crack at qualifying in the U105s.

Training split is going to be pretty much like below. Gym training is going to be where I build the strength and event sessions are going to be where I work on speed and technique.

Monday
Squat
Deadlift
Chins

Thursday
Push Press
Strict Press
CGBP
Board Press
Grip Work

Friday
Core/ Ab Work
Box Jumps
HIIT Cardio
Kettlebell Swings/ Snatches

Sunday
Events Training

Current Personal Bests
Bench Press 125kg
Deadlift 235kg
Squat 180kg
Front Squat 135kg
Push Press 115kg
Strict Press 90kg
Log Press 108.5kg
Farmers Walk 120kg x 18m


Thanks for everyone’s support and encouragement throughout ‘Chris’s Strongman Journey’ and hope that you will all continue to be as critical and supportive through 2010.
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 20:02 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Had a great session tonight which is a good start to 2010 and my new training plan. DL wasnt as quick off the floor as I would have liked but im still getting used to repping at more than 2.

Squats
3x95kg
2x115kg
2x130kg
2x130kg
2x130kg
2x130kg
2x130kg
2x130kg

These were all done with a 3 second pause at the bottom – all reps were super deep and super sexy. This is week 7 of the Russian routine so for the next 2 weeks ill be squatting twice a week until its finished.

Deadlifts
8x100kg
3x140kg
3x160kg
3x180kg
3x190kg
3x180kg
60 Second Rest
3x180kg
60 Second Rest
3x180kg
60 Second Rest
2x180kg

Was aiming for 3-5 reps on 190kg but failed rep 4 at the knee – if im honest I just didn’t commit to it as I could have easily pulled it. All done beltless & wearing oly shoes.

Wide Grip Chins
3x3 @ BW

f**king s**te – these need some serious training. All reps were assisted im afraid to say.

Really happy with the Squats & DL – chins need some serious work but then I knew they would because I never train them.
CuddlesIcon...11-01-2010 @ 20:28 
Avatar
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Chins respond really well to volume mate, volume and frequency. Although if you do do them often then I'd stay away from failure. Perhaps just do some at the end of each workout? Shouldn't impact on your recovery at all. I did them every workout for a long while.

Good luck with all the training, not enough luck to beat me at Unit 20 mind... Wink
RobboIcon...11-01-2010 @ 20:31 
Avatar
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Great session tonight mate and glad you said you enjoyed it!

LETS GO!
BoarIcon...11-01-2010 @ 20:33 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
nice one !! some nice kit you have .....will be a good summer for you i can feel it in my colostomy bag.
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 20:36 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:Chins respond really well to volume mate, volume and frequency. Although if you do do them often then I'd stay away from failure. Perhaps just do some at the end of each workout? Shouldn't impact on your recovery at all. I did them every workout for a long while.

Good luck with all the training, not enough luck to beat me at Unit 20 mind... Wink


Decided to go for 3x3 tonight because i knew i wouldnt be capable of more. Hoping after a few sessions of training them ill be knocking 5+ reps out in no time.

As for the Unit20 comp - we will see what happens on the day. Be great to finally meet you.

Robbo said:Great session tonight mate and glad you said you enjoyed it!

LETS GO!


Would have liked the DL to be a bit faster off the floor but as ive said this repping is new to me. Loving the new training though.
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 20:37 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Boar said:nice one !! some nice kit you have .....will be a good summer for you i can feel it in my colostomy bag.


Hope so Boar - came to the game a bit late last year so am going to enjoy the build up to comp season in 2010.
andydanjoshIcon...11-01-2010 @ 20:40 
Avatar
^^ thats me that is !! ^^ (the hair is a wig)
Member 776, 8709 posts
SQ 140, BP 127.5, DL 180
447.5 kgs @ 74kgs UnEq
nice and good look chris
for this year mate.

Happy Wink
CHESTERIcon...11-01-2010 @ 20:49 
used to be WEAK AS PISS
Member 37, 2612 posts
SQ 130, BP 90, DL 170
390.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Looking good.
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 20:51 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Thanks guys - looking forward to 2010.
jamieaIcon...11-01-2010 @ 21:04 
Avatar
has perfected the anvil roll
Member 353, 3292 posts
SQ 230, BP 160, DL 275
665.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Looks a solid plan mate
Kenny_CIcon...11-01-2010 @ 22:47 
Member 707, 1517 posts
nice session mate, sure you'll get your targets this year
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 22:50 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Cheers Jamie - got Robbo to thank for the plan. Hes my training coach/ manager for 2010.Wink

Kenny - need to have plans and goals to keep up with your skinny ass.
Kenny_CIcon...11-01-2010 @ 22:52 
Member 707, 1517 posts
well im afraid of you now so how about we just don't compete against each other lol
richards9876Icon...11-01-2010 @ 22:56 
Avatar
Still mostly bodybuilding
Member 501, 10465 posts
SQ 220, BP 150, DL 250
620.0 kgs @ 94kgs UnEq
Kenny_C said:well im afraid of you now so how about we just don't compete against each other lol


Hope your afraid of my superhuman strength and didnt think i was after your ass.Eek

12345678910 ... ... 143144145146147148149150151152153

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Top 10 In 2010.
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions