Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training

Tommy's Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Tommy
Joni said:
you will thank me when the ladiiieeeezzzz gather around you in amazement wanting to touch your ceps.

And with that in mind I ditched presses yesterday due to treacherous weather and slippy ground in my back yard to do curls instead.
Tommy
Thursday 12 March

Strict Press (first rep cleaned):

20x8
40x5
55x3

70x2
70x2
70x2
70x2
70x3

50x10

Straight Leg Deadlift:

60x5
100x5
130x5

Deadlift:

150x1
170x1
190x1
210xfail

Back in Sugden. Adam and Anthony were both there, which ended a pretty dismal spell of training by myself. Cleans were easy if piss poor technique wise. Presses got better from set to set. Very happy with these. I'll go for either 65kg for sets of five or 72.5 for doubles next time I do strict press. Quite confident about breaking my PB (80kg) on these in the near future.

Still playing about with form on the SLDLs. Did a normal deadlift at the start of each set this time then started the set from the top position this time. Normal deadlifts were just an afterthought to see where I'm at on them. They've marginally improved I think. Form was alot better but the 190kg was still very tough. Had no business going for the PB attempt and bailed on it very early as there was no way it was going. Not too disheartened though as it wasn't on the cards yet anyway.

Good session. Looking forward to getting in again on Saturday.
MrSmall
Where's the ab wheel rollouts and intense cardio?
I wonder how you keep those cobblestone abs in check, Tommy.
going to olympic sports gym on saturday mate if you fancy lifting with proper bumper plates.

9.30 outside cafe nero at piccadilly approach.
Post Edited: 13.03.2009 @ 15:39 PM by tonyjb72
Joni said:
going to olympic sports gym on saturday mate if you fancy lifting with proper bumper plates.

Joni, what time are you getting to Cleggy's place Saturday? Hopefully I can get down there for an hour or so
at 10 mate. Shawn and Big Mick will be there as well.
Excellent, will see you there!
think you should of done your deadlift before you assistance SLDL
Tommy
MrSmall said:
Where's the ab wheel rollouts and intense cardio?
I wonder how you keep those cobblestone abs in check, Tommy.

That hurt. It's your fault if I gorge on chocolate to ease the pain tonight.
Tommy
Joni said:

Thanks for the offer mate but Becky's coming up this weekend and we're training with Anthony Saturday afternoon I think.
Tommy
Thing said:
think you should of done your deadlift before you assistance SLDL

Aye, I'll take your advice next time I think. Hadn't really planned to deadlift - just threw it in at the end as an afterthought really.
Tommy
Saturday 14 March

Squats:

bar x 10ish
60x5
80x3
100x3
120x2

belt on:

140x1
140x1
140x1
150x1
160xfail
160x1

Sumo DL:

60x3
100x1
140x1

Traing with Becky and Anthony today. Good fun after I stopped huffing about the Utd match. Still getting that tearing feeling in my quads when I'm squatting. Could be a blessing though as after the first single at 140kg I toyed with a lower bar position and got my fat arse and hamstrings a bit more involved. Second 2 singles at 140kg were better, and the 150kg was decent but the plates were slipping off the piece of s**te bar. Missed the 160kg because plates started slipping then I lost concentration. Finally got a decent bar and got 160kg at the second attempt. Wasn't easy but it went. Then tried a few sumos to kill 10 minutes.

Push press and close grip bench tomorrow with Becky, then probably squats and rows on Monday night with Becky and Adam.
Tommy
Sunday 15 March

Power Clean and Push Press:

70x1+2
70x1+2
75x1+2
70x1+2
75x1+2

Not including warm ups and alot of faffing about/practising with power cleans at 60kg.

Behind the Neck Press:

50x3
50x3

Close Grip Bench Press:

60x5
70x5
80x5
85x4
70x5
70x5

Trained with Adam this morning. Might go back in to babble s**te at Becky and Anthony in a bit. Doesn't look like much now that I've wrote it down but felt like a good session. Power cleans varied in degrees of s**teness but were promising overall. I'll work them regularly and hard for a bit, and might even try my hand at full cleans again. Push presses were fairly good although too light to get excited about. Somehow managed to forget to do any benching whatsoever over the past two weeks or so but close grips felt fine. Didn't have a spot for the top set but probably could have got the 5th. Strict press is the only upper body lift that I've done anything worthwhile on lately but this is something to work off for the next few weeks at least.
MrSmall
some solid work put in there tommy
any training in afternoons this week?
Tommy
Thanks mate. Probably only Saturday afternoon this week because I work afternoons Monday to Friday. In the name of full disclosure, went back this afternoon to spot Becky on bench and done a whopping 2 sets of curls at 40kg - 6 reps then 8 reps. In jeans and a tracksuit top no less. Maybe I really am one of Sugden Centre's wannabe gangstas.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training
Return to top View Desktop Site