Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training

Tommy's Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Tommy
Thanks Mish. No vids as of yet. Will probably invest in a cheap camera before long.

Joni the gym closed before I finished my rows, so that PB is still out of reach. Wink
MrSmall
oh dude!
how much do you weigh?
do the u90 kg comp with us, fatty.
Tommy
MrSmall said:
oh dude!
how much do you weigh?
do the u90 kg comp with us, fatty.

Generally hover just under or over 90kg. I'd rarely be more than a large s**te away from making u90, but this comp is too early for me. Busy as f**k at the moment and I'll be lucky to make it to Sugden 3 times a week for the next 2 months.
MrSmall
Silly c**t!
Double c**t
Tommy
LOL. Didn't think that answer would go down well, but I have to stick to it.
Tommy
Friday 27 March

Power Cleans + Strict Press/Push Press:

A s**tload. Can't remember the details put top power clean and strict press was 70kg, and top power clean and push press sets were:

80x1+1
85x1+2 (failed 3rd push press)
90x a few fails
80x1+1

Pressing was a bit lacklustre but the 85kg power clean was an equal PB. Power cleans were the best I've ever done as something clicked in my tiny brain and I actually managed to get something resembling a proper extension on them I think. 2 of the 90kg attempts were very, very close, and I think it was a lack of confidence that done me in on them as much as anything. Finished off with some very shoddy fronties, including a miss with 125kg as the bar rolled out of position. Very happy with this session though. Got a lot of very solid work in on the power cleans.
good stuff!

Whats wrong with nailing 87.5kg first tho Grin
Tommy
Cheers Joni. Don't know why the feck I didn't just go for 87.5kg for the PB. Probably just got a bit overexcited at the thought of a semi-milestone 90kg floor to overhead.

Saturday 28 March

Close Grip Bench Press:

60x5
70x3
80x3
90x5 (5 rep PB)
100x2 (+1 fail , equal 2 rep PB)
80x8 (8 rep PB)

Finished up with a few sets of bent over rows, and a few front squats up to 110kg. Fronties felt a bit better than my last few efforts.

Great session considering I only arrived about half an hour before closing. Close grips felt great and the 90kg for 5 was very comfortable, as was the 80kg drop down set. Next target on these is 100kg for 5, then I'll probably add in normal grip benches as well and hopefully consign my rubbish 112.5kg PB to history.
Tommy
Friday 3 April

Close Grip Bench:

bar x loads
60x5
75x3
85x3? (can't remember if I did the third as I was fixated on needing a piss)
95x4
100x2

Strict Press:

barx8
60x8
60x6
60x6

Bench Press:

60x5
60x5
60x5
70x3
80x3
90x2
90x1

Haven't trained all week due to doing a bas***d of an essay and working. The top set on close grips was all over the place as I just wasn't focused - 1st rep great, 2nd awful, 3rd good, 4th a grind. Still a rep PB though and I'll get it for 5 easy enough next time I think. Strict press was ok, and normal bench was just playing about with grip and bar path to get a feel for it again.

Good session considering I've done f**k all this week, and some enjoyable bulls**tting and profanity in the company of Charis and Adam.
A true nature of a man is revelead in the lifts he chooses to do after time off.
MrSmall
Yeah, bench pressing twice, what a c**t
Grin
good to see you Tommy.
c**t.
Tommy
LOL. In my defence I was functioning on about 2 hours sleep. I shall reluctantly embarress myself with deadlifts and squats in a slightly more rested state today.
Tommy
Saturday 4 April

Deadlifts up to:

180x1
180x1

Squats: fannied about at 100kg for a bit.

Rubbish session, which was to be expected really. First 180kg deadlift was ok, second was poor. Couldn't loosen up on the squats at all - Adam said my back was rounding on 100kg ffs. Will train more frequently next week, and I need to start warming up a bit better for lower body stuff as my flexibility has got alot worse lately.
Tommy
Monday 6 April:

- assorted bodyweight lunge/squat faggotry, some plank holds and a set of bar only overhead squats to warm up.

Power Clean + Push Press:

60x1+4
60x1+2
60x1+2
70x1+1
70x1+1
80x1+5 (I think this is a rep PB for fives on push press)
80x1+1

Power Cleans:

about 3 or 4 sets of 3 at 60kg
70x2
70x5 (almost certainly a PB for fives)
75x2

Bench Press:

60x5

80x6
80x6
80x6
80x4

The lunge and plank warm up s**te is a keeper. Brought home to me just how inflexible I am and loosened me up really nicely. Power cleans were very good by my standards. The 80kg singles were quite good and 70kg for 5 reps was fairly easy and a decent confidence builder, which is what I'm lacking on these. My squat numbers are decent by comparison - I should be able to clean 100kg if I stop being a fanny. Push presses were beyond awful in terms of leg drive so on the positive side I'm pretty happy with the pure pressing strength. Had to leave a few reps on the tank on bench press as there was noone to spot me. Feels like such a f**ked up, unnatural movement compared to close grip at the moment so I'll build up fairly slowly with a short term aim of 90kg for 5x5.

Good session ruined by Adam's announcement that he's f**king off to live in the Lake District on Saturday. Only Bonnie can fully express my emotional turmoil.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training
Return to top View Desktop Site