Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training

Tommy's Training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

paused squats are fun arent they!! were you wearing a belt? breathing at the bottom or holding the air in?

I use about 40-50kg for my dumbell rows (when i do them) and i certainly cant do anywhere near 30 reps unless its a swingy mcswing swing type of movement
Tommy
I did two without a belt and three with I think. I held my air at the bottom then breathed out as I got through my sticking point (a few inches off the bottom). Was seeing stars by the final rep of every set, which livened things up a bit. Have you got good results off paused squats then? I'm weak and slow as f**k at the bottom of the movement, so I'm thinking of doing some paused drop down sets after one of my squat sessions, although I'll probably do doubles instead of triples lest I pass out as the weight gets heavier.

The jury is offically out on Small's freaky rowing strength. I'll be demanding proof next time I see him at Sugden, and consulting with Joni and Anthony in the meantime.
yeah a great exercise (particularly for me).

really helps with form, eventhough mines still s**te, they have helped me a ton
Tommy
I'll give them a try for the next month then. Legs are fecking fried today, more than after sets of 5 with 140kg. Brutal exercise!
MrSmall
hahaha
I will do Smolov (first cycle) in the summer, see how that s**t goes.
Tommy
Post Edited: 07.05.2009 @ 11:45 AM by Tommy
I'm doing Smolov sometime soon too (probably late summer), but I need to get my squat back up to 170 or thereabouts as I don't want to run it off a lower max. Hoping against hope that Sugden Centre buys some new olympic bars before I embark on such a venture too.
they wont.
MrSmall
You sir, are a silly c**t.
Tommy
Seeing as they've yet to replace the 2nd 42.5kg dumbell after 2 years you're probably right. Cheap c**ts. I'm going to start harassing staff members about it soon though.
MrSmall
what's wrong with the 42.5s?
I can never tell the difff between 42,5 , 45, 47.5
or find the 40s
been training there now for, what, over 4 years?

during that time the toilet on ground floor has never had a working lock.

A 1.50 quid hook from B&Q would have done the job, but that was beyond their budget.

So a new barbell might be a crackpipe dream Grin

Even if they get a new barbell, they would get one of those thick s**t ones.
Tommy
There's only one 42.5. I think the other one fell apart. You've got a point Joni. The new manager doesn't seem to like us weightlifting types either.
MrSmall
Because they're cheap.
So basically Tommy what we're saying is you're a proper c**t.
Tommy
Thursday 7 May

20 minutes of incline threadmill running. Fat, sweaty mess.
MrSmall
lol @ the description.
giving up the weights, being a CARDIO BEAST now?

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTommy's Training
Return to top View Desktop Site