REGISTER
 

The little things you do to save money

1234567

RicoIcon...27-10-2011 @ 19:19 
Avatar
Sugdens very own David Dimbleby
Member 1403, 3716 posts
SQ 220, BP 115, DL 260
595.0 kgs @ 97kgs UnEq
I save money by spending more in the first place.

Buy cheap buy twice.
BenMacIcon...27-10-2011 @ 19:20 
Avatar
'Looks like Ben Affleck according to Pagan'
Member 876, 2506 posts
SQ 220, BP 140, DL 260
620.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
If I went to someones house and used the toilet and there was a big log winking back at me from the bowl there would be serious f**king questions asked.

Lads, just flush the f**king bog.
TravisFandangoIcon...04-12-2011 @ 12:00 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
The Owl and I have recently become quite obsessed with coupons and vouchers. I've never really bothered with them too much before, but I've discovered that I have £15 of unused Tesco's coupons! I'm about to go on a recon trip to Tesco to see what special offers they've got in order to make the most of my coupons tomorrow.
I'm also going to scan moneysavingexpert.com for any additional vouchers for products I actually use.
uswitch.com looks good too. The Owl managed to make a good monthly saving switching her utility bills yesterday and got 11 free bottles of wine out of it. Hoot!
There are also companies offering savings and cash back incentives on there, which I'm quite excited about.
PS. I just did a poo and flushed it straight away. I'm not on a meter.
SparrowIcon...04-12-2011 @ 12:23 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
TravisFandango said:The Owl and I have recently become quite obsessed with coupons and vouchers. I've never really bothered with them too much before, but I've discovered that I have £15 of unused Tesco's coupons! I'm about to go on a recon trip to Tesco to see what special offers they've got in order to make the most of my coupons tomorrow.
I'm also going to scan moneysavingexpert.com for any additional vouchers for products I actually use.
uswitch.com looks good too. The Owl managed to make a good monthly saving switching her utility bills yesterday and got 11 free bottles of wine out of it. Hoot!
There are also companies offering savings and cash back incentives on there, which I'm quite excited about.
PS. I just did a poo and flushed it straight away. I'm not on a meter.


How many sheets of bog roll did you use?
TravisFandangoIcon...04-12-2011 @ 12:29 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:
How many sheets of bog roll did you use?


Probably too many... Unhappy I still have much to learn, but at least it was Asda's cheapest arse paper and I stood in the arse paper isle for quite some time working out which multi-pack deal would be the best. Maybe I should start keeping track of my usage though.
TravisFandangoIconTesco Cunts!04-12-2011 @ 14:51 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Well, that was a f**king disaster! Unhappy Angry
I've just been to Tesco on my little bargain hunting, voucher using trip.
Firstly, the coupons they sent for extra clubcard points if I buy certain items can apparently only be used for online shopping.
Secondly, I didn't get my 2 for £2 on the chocolate milk, they charged me the full £1.24 for each of them, which I've only just realised... And then the stupid f**king b**ch didn't give me my green clubcard points!!! I had to go and see some other woman to get them, and after loads of fannying on she said I couldn't because the tills weren't working. bas***dS!!!!
I've already written and sent my complaint to them and if I don't get anything back in return, I'll destroy their entire organisation. So sayeth Megatron... Or something.
Still, my initial sub-total was £19.85 and I ended up paying £7.67, so it could have been worse I suppose. Roll-Eyes
deleted2_20210523Icon...04-12-2011 @ 15:19 
Member 2606, 11453 posts
SQ 170, BP 117.5, DL 215
502.5 kgs @ 91.6kgs UnEq
deleted
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:22 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
TravisFandango said:
Well, that was a f**king disaster! Unhappy Angry
I've just been to Tesco on my little bargain hunting, voucher using trip.
Firstly, the coupons they sent for extra clubcard points if I buy certain items can apparently only be used for online shopping.
Secondly, I didn't get my 2 for £2 on the chocolate milk, they charged me the full £1.24 for each of them, which I've only just realised... And then the stupid f**king b**ch didn't give me my green clubcard points!!! I had to go and see some other woman to get them, and after loads of fannying on she said I couldn't because the tills weren't working. bas***dS!!!!
I've already written and sent my complaint to them and if I don't get anything back in return, I'll destroy their entire organisation. So sayeth Megatron... Or something.
Still, my initial sub-total was £19.85 and I ended up paying £7.67, so it could have been worse I suppose. Roll-Eyes


Supermarket rage!
TravisFandangoIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:24 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
kirkynick said:- bought a 2-year gym membership for 60 quid
- didn't cut my hair for 20 years (although not to save money, but it did)
- work at home (don't have to splash out on any transport)

BUT

- Like Fandango I use way too much bog roll. Really don't know how I get through the stuff so quick.


- I train at home and ponced most of my equipment
- I cut my own hair and have done for probably about 20 years too
- I mostly walk to work, unless it's really bad weather or I'm feeling very lazy
- I try to do most of pooing at work to save on arse paper, although with you working at home, this wouldn't really help... Hmmm...
Happy
TravisFandangoIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:26 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Supermarket rage!


I've already had an email reply from Tesco and they'll be getting in touch again properly in the next 5 days. Happy

They had better give me something free or at least some decent club card points, or I really will be very jolly cross indeed!
JackRevansIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:30 
Avatar
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
last week i went through a whole roll in a day
Funky_monkeyIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:31 
Avatar
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Shaun said:I use my imagination instead of spending money on porn.


Paying for porn is SO 2004....
streakIcon...04-12-2011 @ 15:43 
they call him the streak
Member 2002, 400 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 130, DL 240
552.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Thanks for the suggestions. This one is being implemented....


If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown, flush it down.
General_illIcon...04-12-2011 @ 16:39 
Avatar
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
TravisFandango said:
I've already had an email reply from Tesco and they'll be getting in touch again properly in the next 5 days. Happy
They had better give me something free or at least some decent club card points, or I really will be very jolly cross indeed!


Club card points can be exchanged for 4x there value for meals out and s**t
crossbowIcon...04-12-2011 @ 16:41 
Member 3132, 10 posts
Stop drug testing people in a drug tested fed.

1234567

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions