REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 25 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

The Return of The Bull

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 480481482483484485486487488489490

JoniIcon...31-03-2009 @ 18:51 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19243 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Thing said:
So what are we racing too? 300?


its all about the race, not the destination

- Sir Chris Hoy

(made it up, but if Hoy did say that, it would be cool)

SUGDEN CENTRE

Quick lifting before yoga

power jerks off rack
bar x few sets x fair few reps
5x40
5x40
3x40
3x60
3x70
3x75
2x80
1x85
1x90
1x95
1x100 - recovery milestone. Glad to say it was easy.

1hr yoga, tons of hamstring and shoulder work. just what the doctor ordered.

deadlifts tmr, but dont even know which one of the three possible gyms i will go yet...
VinnyfromCustardLandIcon...01-04-2009 @ 08:52 
Avatar
JEDWARD
Member 454, 980 posts
SQ 225, BP 170, DL 275
670.0 kgs @ 106kgs UnEq
I'm not flexible at all. An issue that I need to sort because I firmly believe flexibility is totally underestimated in strength sports. Here's you doing yoga! Fair play Joni
JCIcon...01-04-2009 @ 08:58 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Great jerks mate. I hear no dungeon on Saturday for you Unhappy

Vinny - I agree with you mate, flexibility (of which I have none) is underated, especially for pressing!!
RobIcon...01-04-2009 @ 08:59 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Great stuff mate!! THE RETURN!!
JoniIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:08 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19243 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
cheers, yeah the yoga is (almost) every tuesday, its part of my staff membership at the university gym also known as THE SUGDEN CENTRE so i have no excuse not to go. It is the type which is basically long deep stretches which is perfect for me. The poses may have weird names from india but they still seem to have pretty solid scientific and physiological base. I think it helps but who knows Grin

JC - dungeon on saturday is ON mate! Pack the harness!
JCIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:09 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Joni said:
JC - dungeon on saturday is ON mate! Pack the harness!


harness packed mate and ready to roll!! Car pull should be fun Grin
JoniIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:12 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19243 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
you think we should do the car pull last? I have a feeling it is like the sled drag, leaves nothing in you...

PLAN:

Log
some light farmers work
120 holds
squat
car pull

thats too much isnt it...
JCIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:17 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Joni said:
you think we should do the car pull last? I have a feeling it is like the sled drag, leaves nothing in you...

PLAN:

Log
some light farmers work
120 holds
squat
car pull

thats too much isnt it...


I dont think so!! Holds take no time at all!! So 4 events should be possible. My plan will probably be Log, Stones, Car Pull but lets see if I get tempted into something else LOL

Car pull wont take as much out of us as sled IMO, only do a quick 20m burst (or I will anyway) LOL
ThingIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:27 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
JC said:
Joni said:
you think we should do the car pull last? I have a feeling it is like the sled drag, leaves nothing in you...

PLAN:

Log
some light farmers work
120 holds
squat
car pull

thats too much isnt it...


I dont think so!! Holds take no time at all!! So 4 events should be possible. My plan will probably be Log, Stones, Car Pull but lets see if I get tempted into something else LOL

Car pull wont take as much out of us as sled IMO, only do a quick 20m burst (or I will anyway) LOL


you should do the car pull on a slope or with it fully loaded as it would be to easy empty.
CuddlesIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:34 
Avatar
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12525 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
The BULL is back with bang. Nice work.
CuddlesIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:35 
Avatar
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12525 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
If its too easy then stick the handbrake on one click.
JCIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:40 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Thing said:
JC said:
Joni said:
you think we should do the car pull last? I have a feeling it is like the sled drag, leaves nothing in you...

PLAN:

Log
some light farmers work
120 holds
squat
car pull

thats too much isnt it...


I dont think so!! Holds take no time at all!! So 4 events should be possible. My plan will probably be Log, Stones, Car Pull but lets see if I get tempted into something else LOL

Car pull wont take as much out of us as sled IMO, only do a quick 20m burst (or I will anyway) LOL


you should do the car pull on a slope or with it fully loaded as it would be to easy empty.


Neil, Millsy house is at the bottom of a steep hill, so should be quite difficult!!
ThingIcon...01-04-2009 @ 09:59 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
still but two click on the hand brake that should make it interesting
JoniIcon...01-04-2009 @ 10:31 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19243 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
handbrake will be worked for sure!

I think lets start with quick sprint first and then make it heavy!

cant wait for the saturday now...
LukeCIcon...01-04-2009 @ 11:35 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
The Bull really is getting back to full form. Looking forward to training with you again after easter Joni.

12345678910 ... ... 480481482483484485486487488489490

© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto