Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsTeam Sugden @ Bergson Trophy WL comp

Team Sugden @ Bergson Trophy WL comp

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Positive thinking today boys. Make it happen. Employ, deploy and destroy.
Good luck today sugden!
I must say that I agree with FatPete at least to some degree about his point(I assume he's referring to the automatic 1kg increase)

In an international class where we have 10 guy all taking attempts with 10k- 15k of each other I find really tactically enthralling BUT I do agree that in a divisional type competition with a massive weights spread it makes it tedious at time .

You get someone hit a 70kg snatch then they load 71kg then the lifter decides on 75kg for a reload etc .. When the lifter is following them self and clearly not ever going to do the 71kg .. I think this is his point and I agree. If I was loading I'd just wait for the f**king announcement :-)
Shaun's girlfriend is lifting today Laresce Brown . Tiny girl, very nervous please give her all your encouragement and good luck everyone x
Fatpete said:
Not sure of the actual details. But they frequently seemed to load weights that no-one lifted or attempted to lift, then they had to load something else.
You lift 100 and I am down to lift 105, you do the 100 then you have a chat with your coach, no-one can load the 105 as if you want less than that you will go first, your coach then asks for 102, it get loaded and then you have two minutes as you are following yourself, after one minute your coach says he wants 103, change the bar and start the clock again. That is how it appeared, I may have mis-remembered but that is the gist. What is certain though is that under the right circumstances it can be dreadfully slow and almost painful to watch.

This could well happen but the clock does not reset, you get a 2 min clock if you are following your self and 1 min clock if not, it should continue where it was paused when you request the change. From my experience of weightlifting, generally there isn't a lot of f**king about and can usually get through a class of 7-9 lifters including a 10 minute break in under an hour and a half.

MarkClegg said:I must say that I agree with FatPete at least to some degree about his point(I assume he's referring to the automatic 1kg increase)

In an international class where we have 10 guy all taking attempts with 10k- 15k of each other I find really tactically enthralling BUT I do agree that in a divisional type competition with a massive weights spread it makes it tedious at time .

You get someone hit a 70kg snatch then they load 71kg then the lifter decides on 75kg for a reload etc .. When the lifter is following them self and clearly not ever going to do the 71kg .. I think this is his point and I agree. If I was loading I'd just wait for the f**king announcement :-)

I think hes saying that's what they done, just waited for them to choose the next weight and then loaded that.
MarkClegg said:

It is and I value your agreement.

If I was loading I would tell them to f**k off and go back to that cafe for another breakfast.

Happy Happy Happy
Best of luck men (and Shaun's girlfriend).
MrSmall
I went 95 100x 100, 112 118x 118x. Bit annoyed but hey its better than last time.
deleted2_20210523
deleted
MrSmall said:I went 95 100x 100, 112 118x 118x. Bit annoyed but hey its better than last time.

Well done Smalls. Good to nail the 100 in comp, especially after missing it.

Rebekah done a 95 snatch f**king awesome! and 116? C&J just missing 122 apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rclTHnORNM
MrSmall
Si went 100xxx 125 x 125 130x

Andy about to start
MrSmall said:Si went 100xxx 125 x 125 130x

Andy about to start

Unlucky for Si, 1/6 is a BAD day at the office!

Hope Andy redeems the Team!
MrSmall
Andy 94 99 104x
Coupe went 94 99 104x

Smallsy is the Sugden snatch king.
MrSmall
Andy 127 1301 135x

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsTeam Sugden @ Bergson Trophy WL comp
Return to top View Desktop Site