REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 107 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTRT THREAD

TRT THREAD

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678

matthewvcIcon...23-01-2024 @ 09:18 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3245 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
I think the Gel is just pure testosterone without any delaying esters so it should start working immediately.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...24-01-2024 @ 10:16 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2999 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
matthewvc said:I think the Gel is just pure testosterone without any delaying esters so it should start working immediately.



A good few days in now, and feel so much 'better'...

Certainly noticed better focus and drive, an increase in energy and work capacity, libido has increased and brain fog has reduced.

Low mood and dark clouds have floated away and the sun has started to shine again. I certainly feel like a diferent man. I honestly used to have moments where I thought about topping myself! Now, that is a very serious thing to say, and I will say that I have always had a VERY good grip on my mental health and could always rationalise and control dark intrusive thoughts, so I am very fortunate that I never really suffered like many men do... And this brings me onto the thing of, if within a few days of TRT I feel like good, why are more men not put onto this?

I do of course appreciate that mental health and depression are very complex and serious topics that can't be treated as easy as that, but if it helps some surely it is worth investigating by the powers that be?
WiganIcon...24-01-2024 @ 12:45 
Avatar
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6850 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Sounds like a resounding success so far!!

I suspect, that my test levels are on the low side, but probably not low enough to satisfy the NHS requirements. At 55 muscle mass is significantly reduced and ever harder to maintain, strength is down, and over all drive to do anything meaningful in the gym is pretty non-existent.

However, I don't suffer any of the other issues, low libido, low mood etc so doubt I would be able to argue a good case.

All a bit s**t, when it appears there is a ready remedy out there that would improve my quality, and enjoyment, of life significantly!

In short, I'd love a go with the gel just to see what difference it could make
The_Lone_WolfIcon...24-01-2024 @ 14:02 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2999 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Wigan said:Sounds like a resounding success so far!!

I suspect, that my test levels are on the low side, but probably not low enough to satisfy the NHS requirements. At 55 muscle mass is significantly reduced and ever harder to maintain, strength is down, and over all drive to do anything meaningful in the gym is pretty non-existent.

However, I don't suffer any of the other issues, low libido, low mood etc so doubt I would be able to argue a good case.

All a bit s**t, when it appears there is a ready remedy out there that would improve my quality, and enjoyment, of life significantly!

In short, I'd love a go with the gel just to see what difference it could make


I think you can cvertainly argue the case to get a blood test done by your Dr to get levels checked. They can't really refuse you a blood test to check hormones, especially if you have symptoms.

Thats step 1 done at least, and the result will give you the evidence to hopefully help fight your cause.

You may need to suggest you are having more side effects, and the negative impact they're having on you to get heard mind, but I would certinaly wish you good luck on getting treatment.
matthewvcIcon...24-01-2024 @ 14:30 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3245 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:
And this brings me onto the thing of, if within a few days of TRT I feel like good, why are more men not put onto this?


Wider issue with neglect regarding male specific problems in the UK.
women are prescribed HRT on basis of symptoms alone, whereas men have to
jump through hoops with repeated testing of test levels that must be consistently low by NHS definition of low (as in properly hypogonadal).
stupid as so many other issues from mental health to insulin resistance that are improved with healthy test levels.
SparksyIcon...25-01-2024 @ 19:39 
Member 6426, 24 posts
Post Edited: 25.01.2024 @ 19:40 PM by Sparksy
The_Lone_Wolf said:Happy New Year one and all!!!

Update 897...

During my previous appointment with the Endo, she ordered me to take another bloodtest.

I booked in and had a bloodtest just before Christmas. It was my 3rd blood test of the year.

The results eventually came back with my test at 9, which is still just above the NHS treatment range. I called and emailed to try and speed up a follow up phone call with the Endo to see what her thoughts are of the results.

When she muttered the line that my test still was not classed as low, my heart sank. BUT, she said due to my long list of issues, she was going to start me on a 3 month trial of TRT gel. I was over the moon!
Yesterday I finally picked up the gel and I started today. Let's see what happens now!


Excellent news-good luck!

12345678

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTRT THREAD
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions