REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 211 guests

Novice Championships 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 12:51 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Villa_Ste said:
the problem with that is there's comps that go on that isn't on this website. plus i'd of thought its hard enough running some of these comps with out having to worry about submitting points etc.
would definitely need a governing body for such a thing

as above :0), i think if there is enough of us involved we can do this, (spelling)
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 12:53 
Member 1391, 693 posts
WILLSAN said:
all that glitters is not gold. Wink

no but that sort of idea,
Villa_SteIcon...18-11-2011 @ 12:53 
stingy with his letters
Member 496, 668 posts
SQ 210, BP 190, DL 230
630.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
would be good! would love to see strongman become more recognised
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 12:58 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Villa_Ste said:would be good! would love to see strongman become more recognised

so would i, i think its such an amazing sport that is so interestring to watch and compete in, well if we have a goverening body to deal with the points sceme etc the comps just need to pass on the info to the body to up date the spread sheets etc, if there is enough names put forward then we can have a union kind of goverening body top organise things, regarding the comps that are run without being put on here, well if there comp is put on here it would get more reconisation. we couold have a vote in thingy for the head etc so its all fair and then when the members are appointed they can set rules etc. it doesnt have to be complecated really.
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 13:00 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Post Edited: 18.11.2011 @ 13:00 PM by Matspence
i for one would be up for the challenge to sorting somethin out but i would need backing from the big strength sites and help from members etc,
Villa_SteIcon...18-11-2011 @ 14:08 
stingy with his letters
Member 496, 668 posts
SQ 210, BP 190, DL 230
630.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
can see a campaign brewing, vote mat spence for president lol
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 14:23 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Villa_Ste said:can see a campaign brewing, vote mat spence for president lol

lol cant see it happening myself, im far from the most popular bloke plus i dont know anythin about strongman anyways lol,
JoniIcon...18-11-2011 @ 14:33 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
instead of championships with the normal qualifier + final set up, how about a cup?

as in, arrange few comps, and your placing would be determined by adding up your placings from each comp, and then if you want you could have a cup final too for the top X amount of guys.

They do this in finland, and it seems popular.

Its kind of open to all, because you can enter all of the cup comps up and down the country, and it gets guys travelling to comps in other areas too (though it seems to be hard for some lol!)
rick89Icon...18-11-2011 @ 15:18 
I have a fear of getting strong
Member 911, 764 posts
SQ 265, BP 170, DL 315
750.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Joni said:instead of championships with the normal qualifier + final set up, how about a cup?

as in, arrange few comps, and your placing would be determined by adding up your placings from each comp, and then if you want you could have a cup final too for the top X amount of guys.

Its kind of open to all, because you can enter all of the cup comps up and down the country, and it gets guys travelling to comps in other areas too (though it seems to be hard for some lol!)

This would be a good idea IMO

only problem being people like myself can only afford to compete a few times a year, maybe in a qualifier and a final really as traveling around to all different comps to gain points would be too much money and effort for me unfortunately.
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 16:19 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Joni said:instead of championships with the normal qualifier + final set up, how about a cup?

thats a really good idea, and you dont have to have points totted up threw the year you could just add the points up and devide them by the amount of comps you have done giving you a averrage from the year that way blokes who do more comps dont just walk away with it and gives the guys who can only one or two comps the chance to do well,
jtIcon...18-11-2011 @ 16:30 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7867 posts
I have not read through the thread but would be happy to put on a midlands comp if no-one else has already offered

my thoughts on novice

total beast

1st ever comp is allowable but should really man up and go in opens

decent novice

3 strikes and you are out

journeyman strongman unlimited novice comps

a guy who loves the sport but will never achieve more than self satisfaction and low end placings
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 16:35 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Post Edited: 18.11.2011 @ 16:39 PM by Matspence
one other thing, have the top two blokesfrom each comp do a finals and have the top threee of the finals go threw to inters and opens, that way they only get a year at the top of novice and that way guys who arent strong enough can still do comps at a lower level until they get top three placing of the novice champio lol, sounding good to me
MatspenceIcon...18-11-2011 @ 16:43 
Member 1391, 693 posts
we can do a simmlar thing for opens and have the winner of the opens champio try and get a placing for arnalds amature or somthing.
hillikerIcon...18-11-2011 @ 18:46 
Member 1025, 1032 posts
So we've got a welsh one and a southern and midlands qualifier.who wants to run a northern one
Uncle_WillyIcon...18-11-2011 @ 18:59 
Member 2770, 232 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.11.2011 @ 19:00 PM by Uncle_Willy
hilliker said:So we've got a welsh one and a southern and midlands qualifier.who wants to run a northern one

we can at newark. its about two and a half hours from necastle. we could even get the event promoters involved aswell, like elite or mark clegg etc, its quite easy to do and when its implemented atgrass roots level you can use the same system for opens u90 u105,

have it so you have to join the federation to prove that there is no cheting, run it as a non profit organisation so we pay no tax but have a nomanal fe to join say a fiver to be put to the running of the web site etc, this is comming together.

im pretty shaw that if nick best can sort one out and liase with WSM then we can.

if it need someone to do all the leg work me and my brother wil be up for it. i think it can be done not over complecate it just have a few set rules inplace to stop cheeting orglory hunting so we can get this sport of the ground, who knows if we sort out and organise a federation to organis opens or amitures maybe tv coverage spocership etc and it becomes a sport we can be proud of, (speeling i know i cant spell for s**t.

mat spence not unclwilly lol. on his computor

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions