Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNot so much log more twig.

Not so much log more twig.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Bushingman
15/08/10

First proper seseion back since comp and wow what a load of dog s**t( literally cos i almost stepped in some before i started).

Axle clean and press

60x3
80x2
90x1
90x1
90x1
Couln't even clean 90 without a brief pause on my chest(bad times) and press even felt hard so binned it there.

keg clean and press
10 in 2 mins
This wouldn't have been too bad if it were 75 secs but it left me blowing out my arse.

stones

90x2
115x3

Left it at that as the day wasn't gonna get any better.
Bushingman
17/08/10

back squats

60x5
100x5
145x5
145x4
145x3

3 sets of jump squats 1 min each with 1 min rest between.

18/08/10

log push press

70x5
90x6
95x3
95x3

log clean and press in 75 secs
80x6

CGBP
60x5
80x8
90x8
90x8
90x7
Great comp performances recently! Nice one.
You ready for Saturday mate?
Bushingman
Thanks Pete very nice of you to say so, really enjoyed the last two comps i've done.

I'm as ready as i can be Jamie, think i'm only gonna be getting two on the medley cos i worked out how heavy my keg is and at a push it's only 70 so i think 100 keg is a bit crack pipe. Still think your the favourite mate.
Bushingman said:Thanks Pete very nice of you to say so, really enjoyed the last two comps i've done.

I'm as ready as i can be Jamie, think i'm only gonna be getting two on the medley cos i worked out how heavy my keg is and at a push it's only 70 so i think 100 keg is a bit crack pipe. Still think your the favourite mate.

Mines only 85 and seem to only get that 30% of time so I think 2 is realistic for me too.
Well done on the win Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a big field of guys you beat!

Can't wait to hear more...
yeah where's the write up matt?
Bushingman
Thanks Sally, been decorating all day Ed(a little active recovery) so here it is.

28/08/10 EQ nutrition U/105 Natural comp

Truck pull

Everyone struggled with this one as there was a slight dip in the course and once you hit it the truck just stopped. got it about 40cm which was good enough for 4th i think.

200kg axle deadlift

Organisers decided in the morning that you could use straps which was better for me as i have elf like hands and have had a problem with my right hand recently. Rules were that you were allowed to bounce it at the bottom but as i have never bouced before i thought i would pull dead. Did the first 6 proper and then decided to have a go at bouncing well i got another 11 reps after that. It was like deadlift yo yo Grin Think i came 3rd

Tyre flip

Knew this would come down to conditioning as it was only a 300kg tyre so just went balls to the wall for 75 secs and got 11 flips it was good enough for joint second i think.

OH Medley
70 barbell, 90kg axle, 100kg keg, 110kg log

After trying the equipment out and then talking to the other competitors the opinion was that the axle was more like 105 and the keg more like 90. The barbell went up no trouble, and the axle went up after a slight pause on the power belly(cough). Picked the keg up and got it to my chest but lost all my momentum so dropped it back down to the knees and it went a up, Took a long breather before attempting the log, managed to clean it no problem but it was'nt going anywhere after that so i binned it. No one managed to get the log so it came down to time on the 3. Think i must have been 3rd or 4th.

200kg Farmers Frame

This is always my best event, finished the course in 7.53 seconds for the win. The guy who went with me pressed me all the way and i only just beat him by a few hundreth of a second.

!st overall.

Can't believe i won it but i guess i was pretty consistant in the end. Really enjoyed the day. My little boy also really enjoyed the wildlife parkHappy
great performance mate,mr consistant!
EDCLARKE said:great performance mate,mr consistant!

Exactly what I was thinking
Top work mate!
Well done on the win mate.
Bushingman
Thanks hor the kind words guys.
congrats on the win matt

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNot so much log more twig.
Return to top View Desktop Site