REGISTER
 

Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself

1234567891011121314151617181920212223

PikefingersIcon...19-02-2016 @ 23:09 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thurs 19:45

Bodyweight 83.9

Deadlift - 1st time using normally diameter (20s) for months

(60) 12 -unfit (85) 8 OK (110) 10 hard, 10 hard - grip was a big struggle on both sets after 5 reps. All double overhand, no belt.

Pullups 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 hard

Barbell Curl (35) 6, 6, 6, 6, 5???
PikefingersIcon...24-02-2016 @ 17:21 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
06:20 Monday morning.

Bodyweight 83.4

Squats (60) 60 (80) 8 (100) 10 very hard, 10 hard

Bench (60) 10 (70) 6 (77.5) 10 very hard, 10 very hard - very surprised to get both sets of 10

Military Press (45) 7 v. hard, 6 hard

Strength coming back really well
PikefingersIcon...24-02-2016 @ 17:25 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Today - and yesterday - I have the flu.

Postponing wednesday light bench session till thurs and pushing thurs dead;lift back to fri.

As long as work business and stress don't derail training, I should be able to get most of my strength back over the next 6 weeks or so.

I do only have 145K of weights at the moment though. I think it will be fine for squatting, as when I hopefully get strong enough I can just do reps without a belt and for deadlift if i stick with beltless, double overhand and high reps, 145 should still be enough weight to let me get fairly strong.

Big puke last night, which was not good for gainz.
PikefingersIcon...25-02-2016 @ 21:11 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thursday. First session post-flu.

Was basically feeling better today, but didn't really eat yesterday.

Bodyweight 84.0 - Had a weekend of dirty eating as it was daughter's birthday nd we had 2 days' of celebrations.

Close grip bench - hands completely on the smooth sections of the bar

(62.5) 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 all fine, but would like to get these faster

Military press (55) 4 very hard - same rep count as last 2 weeks. Didn't want to risk pushing for 1 more, as had a feeling that I could have been risking my lower back.

(50) 6 hard, then long pause 6 easy, another long pause 6 OK.
PikefingersIcon...27-02-2016 @ 14:40 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Friday evening

Bodyweight 84.0

I thought I was over the flu on thursday, but I started feeling a bit rough again before lunch on Fri. Then I had a kebab for lunch on Friday. Apparently gastric bugs really like kebabs.

Deadlifting - whilst trying to avoid unexpected bouts of explosive diarrhea.

(62.5) - should have been 60, but no big difference. 10 reps - felt tired

(90) 6 felt better

(120) 6 hard, 6 very hard

Going up from 110 to 120 from this week to last week was ambitious, but given that I had/ have flu, it was a bit silly. Having said that, I was pretty pleased to get 2 sets of 6 whilst still using double-overhand. I will push for two sets of 10 next week and then push on to heavier weigts with the sessions only having one heavy set of 10.

Pullups

5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Barbell curls (35)

6, 6, 6, 6, 5 all good
PikefingersIcon...29-02-2016 @ 22:48 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Monday 06:30

Days are getting lighter and it's a little easier getting up on a Monday to train at this time. Having said that, the shed/gym still has no electricity and a door that doesn't really close and also has a fox-sized hole at the bottom.

Bodyweight 82.5 KG surprisingly light. Probably due to 2-3 days of gastric troubles.

Squats (60) 10 OK (80) 6 OK (105) 10 hard, 10 v. hard

Bench (60) 10 tired (70) 6 tired (80) 8 v. hard, 8 v. hard

Military Press (45) 8 easy, 7 easy

Getting stronger. Next week I will move to just doing one work set of 10 squats, but using a heavier weight. Would ideally like to stay beltless and using high reps until I can use the whole 145KG set, but that may be expecting too much and may also require me to eat myself up to super-fatty size.
PikefingersIcon...02-03-2016 @ 21:00 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Wed 06:30

Bodyweight 83.3 ate a lot of chocolate junk yesterday, which isn't like me. Back to eating clean now. I need more clean food, not just more calories from 'dirty' eating.

Close grip bench

(65) 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 good

Military press (55) 4 still very hard (50) 6 hard, 6 hard, 6 ok

Will give the 55kg military press one more week to see if I get 5 without rupturing something and IF I don't I will drop the weight to 50 and just do more reps.
PikefingersIcon...05-03-2016 @ 20:08 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thursday evening - about 19:00

Boyweight 83.3 Not sure how, as i'm getting stronger quickly, but my body composition doesn't really seem to be improving - apart from that my forearms have got noticeably bigger, which I am sure is due to all the double overhand deadlifts.

Deadlifts

(60) 10 (90) 6 (120) 10 very hard, 8 extremely hard - long pauses between last 4

I had the leg and back strength to get to 10 on the second set, but my grip was completely gone.

Pullups 6, 5, 5, 5, 5 getting better at these

Barbell Curls (35) 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 all good
PikefingersIcon...08-03-2016 @ 21:00 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Saturday

Dips 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2

I like these. I will try to keep this sequence going until it includes two top-sets of 10, but that could be tough.
PikefingersIcon...08-03-2016 @ 21:08 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Tuesday

Last night I received the news that I have a got the job that I recently applied for at another company. I was so excited/relieved/exhausted at this news that training was postponed from last night to today. I hope that this will transform my life/lifestyle in a good way. Definitely very excited anyway.

Bodyweight 83.3 KG

Squats (60) 10 these felt awkward. Hardly any consecutive reps without pauses.
(85) 7 better, but strangely tiring
(100) 5 much better
(110) 10 very hard - this was basically 10 singles with the bar on my back for a long time

Bench (60) 11 easy - this is improving
(70) 6 OK
(80) 10 comfortable :-) 8 (annoyed not to get 10, but didn't set-up properly 7 was complacent following previous good set)

Military Press (45) 8 easy, 7 hard and some soft lock-outs, 5 hard but good reps

The plan was to get to 2 sets of 10 for 80 before jumping to 82.5. I think I need to eat a little more, as I should be gajning weight with these rep-schemes & regular poundage increases.
Funky_monkeyIcon...08-03-2016 @ 22:37 
Avatar
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Congrats on the new job!
PikefingersIcon...10-03-2016 @ 19:10 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Cheers Funky. Lots of good things about the new job. Contract even says 9-5, although I doubt it will be.
PikefingersIcon...10-03-2016 @ 19:13 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thurs 18:30

Bodyweight 83.4 - Bit of a cold today. Not enough sleep last night.

Close grip bench (67.5) 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Military press (50) 5 hard, 4 hard, 5 ok, 5 hard, 5 hard Military press is going backwards, but that could be just because the close grip bench done immediately before it is going up in weight each week.

I will try to force myself to use a mini weight on the military press next week (40kg should be good) and just go for reps.
PikefingersIcon...11-03-2016 @ 21:13 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Fri 19:00

Bodyweight 82.8 - all bodyweights are evening weights from the night before. Was probably a little dehydrated last night.

Deadlifts (60) 12 good (90) 6 good (120) 10 hard but very good, 10 very hard but good

VERY PLEASED to get the two sets of 10. Big step towards rebuilding strength levels. Will now move forward with heavier poundages and aim for only one top set of 10.

Pullups 6, 6, 5, 5, 5

Straight bar curls (37.5) 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
PikefingersIcon...13-03-2016 @ 13:55 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Saturday 19:00

Bodyweight 84.1

Dips 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,7,6,5,4,3,2

69 in total

1234567891011121314151617181920212223

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions