REGISTER
 

Get lean, increase PB's and try not to seriously injure myself

1234567891011121314151617181920212223

PikefingersIcon...14-02-2015 @ 23:43 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Saturday.

I don't always do anything on Saturdays and if I do I tend to treat it mainly as a conditioning session. Got bored of my limited dumbbell workout, so decided to do some press-ups. -Also because I reckon they're pretty good for general conditioning, as they work the core to some extent.

x20, x20, x20, x20, x20, x20, x20, x20, x20, x20

Spread these out over about 2hrs. Pretty lazy, but still felt like I had done some work afterwards.
PikefingersIcon...18-02-2015 @ 21:19 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Monday - squats

Back was feeling a little ropey over the weekend after cleans on Thurs.

Abs tensed throughout squat for all reps.

(60) x8 v.good - no problem hitting depth and almost no back discomfort
(80) x6 v. good
(100) x6 good
-belt on- (115)x4 good - technique was fine and these were still comfortable

Stopped at 4 as haven't been this''heavy' due to back injury and not wearing a belt for several months. Haven't been this happy to squat 115 for reps for years.

Bench

(60) x8 feeling a bit tired - probably from squats
plan was to do 10 reps on next set, which would have been first time ever doing 10xbodyweight

(82.5) x6 v. tired, x5 better, x5 good, x5 good

Military Press
(45) x8, x6, x5

Hamstring curls
x15, x15

Vibro-plate craziness 1x45 secs.

Decent workout. I hope I am on the mend. We'll see on Thurs...
PikefingersIcon...24-02-2015 @ 22:15 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Sat

Pressups x25, x25, x25, x25, x25, x25, x25, x25, x25, x25
PikefingersIcon...24-02-2015 @ 22:19 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Monday

Bodyweight 84.1 - fat bas***d (it was my daughter's birthday at the weekend, so there were 2 days of drinking and cake eating)

squats

(60) x7 OK
(80) x6 good
(100)x3 good
+belt (120) 5 hard but good
belt off (100) 4 tired

bench
(60) x8
(80)x3
(90)x1 easy
(100) x2 quite easy, x2 bit hard
(75) x6, x6 tired

Military press
(50) x5, x5 OK

Hamstring curls (heavier setting) x10

No time for vibro-gimping today.
PikefingersIcon...01-03-2015 @ 14:59 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thurs

Bodyweight 82.4

Cleans -sung 20kg plates on ends this week - larger diameter to help with higher weight

(65)

2hard ones then 2 fails at chest, WTF!? not warmed up
5 hard, 5 hard, 5 better, 5 ok, 5 cleans and 2 fails at chest

Pullups (+10kg dbell)

5 ok, 5 hard, 5 v.hard, 5 v.hard
Dropped from 5 sets of 5 to 4 sets of 5 this week as weight is getting heavier

hamstring curls (39) 11, 8 easy - might as well list the weight for these too - just for continuity though as machine weights don't mean much (to me anyway)

e-z curls (37.5) 8 easy, 8 easy, 5 hard

OK session
PikefingersIcon...01-03-2015 @ 15:00 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Saturday

Pressups

30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30

Went to pub after 3 sets and was a bit tired when I cam back, so only got to 8 sets instead of the planned 10.
MuscleDemonIcon...01-03-2015 @ 21:17 
Avatar
We all live as we chose.
Member 5051, 866 posts
SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220
472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq
Good to see your squat steadily improving. Do you find any benefit/changes from the numerous press-ups?
PikefingersIcon...02-03-2015 @ 22:08 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Monday

Bodyweight - 82.1 - back on track :-)

Squats

(60) x8 OK
(80) X7 OK
(100) X2 good
(107.5) x10 good!

All beltless

Bench

(60) x8 nice and snappy - hasn't felt like this for a while
(70) x5 additional extra-light warm-up set to prepare for max-effort set for reps
(82.5) x10 first time ever doing bodyweight for 10 reps
(75) x6, x6

Military press

(50) x5, x5 feeling tired

Leg curls (39) x12, x9 easy

Good session. Might go for something crazy like a 140 squat next week ;-)

I am now working 50hrs+/week... which is s**t. I am actually starting to enjoy 06:30 AM training sessions though.
PikefingersIcon...02-03-2015 @ 22:12 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
MuscleDemon said:Good to see your squat steadily improving. Do you find any benefit/changes from the numerous press-ups?


Dziendobre! I mostly do the press-ups just for a low-key bit of training on a saturday and as an alternative to dumbbells when I get bored of my limited home dumbbell workout.

I think they are good for core strength though (basically a plank with a bit of light pressing thrown in) and as my primary goal is still fat loss - with minimal muscle/strength loss - I think they are useful.
PikefingersIcon...08-03-2015 @ 17:17 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Thurs

Bodyweight (82)

Cleans

(60) 5 ok
(67.5)5 +1 fail at chest, 5 better, 5 hard, 5 OK
Pullups (+11KG dumbell) 5 good, 5 good, 5 v. hard, 5v. hard
E-Z Curls (40) 7 OK, 6 OK, 5 hard
Hamstring curls (39) 15 OK

Feeling tired but decent session

Sat

Pullups

26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26
GrimkorIcon...08-03-2015 @ 23:06 
a dirty sumo cheat
Member 5573, 82 posts
SQ 162.5, BP 100, DL 180
442.5 kgs @ 72.4kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 08.03.2015 @ 23:06 PM by Grimkor
Hey man, as I said here's the video I was talking about below. In particular the last one was the one I found useful.

PikefingersIcon...09-03-2015 @ 12:44 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Grimkor said:Hey man, as I said here's the video I was talking about below. In particular the last one was the one I found useful.



Thanks for this. Will start doing some of this rehab stuff. Well done on Sunday.
PikefingersIcon...09-03-2015 @ 22:08 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Monday

Bodyweight 81.8

Squats

(60) 8 ok
(80) 8 ok
(100) 2 ok
+belt on Angry (120) 1 ok
(140) 1 good
(145) 1 good - depth good too - almost a max today. Most I've tried to squat for about 6 months. Last time I finished losing weight I ended with a 155 belted squat at 78.7kg. Still a bit heavier than than and not sure I have even 150 in me...Still pleased with this due to back issues though.

Bench

(60) 8 ok
(70) 5 easy warmup
(82.5) 8 was meant to be 11 but was tired after squatting
(100) 1 s**tty

Running out of time for session

dumbbell press (18) 8, 9
PikefingersIcon...15-03-2015 @ 19:17 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Bodyweight 82.2

Cleans

(60)x5 good
(70) x2 = 1 fail at chest, 5 good, 2 + 3 fails at waist

Pullups (+12kg dbell) 5easy, 5 ok, 5 hard, 5 v. hard

EZ Curls (42.5) 6 hard, 5 hard, 5 v. hard

Hamstring curls (45) 10 easy, 8 good

virbro-plate thingy - max setting 1 min plank
MuscleDemonIcon...28-03-2015 @ 18:02 
Avatar
We all live as we chose.
Member 5051, 866 posts
SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220
472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq
No more updates Rob?

1234567891011121314151617181920212223

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions