1234567891011121314151617181920212223
| Pikefingers | ... | 29-03-2015 @ 18:42 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Mon Bodyweight 81.7 Squats (60) 8 (80) 8ok (100) 3 ok (112.5) 5 hard Bench (60) 10 ok (70) 6 ok (80) 7, 6, 6, 6, 5 all good Military Press (40) 8 no time left after benching Thurs Decided to take a week off cleans, as they were slowing down my back recovery. Hamstring curls (40) 10, 10, 10, 10 Leg extensions - just do do some more leg work without pissing off the back (39) 10, 10, 10, 10 had forgotten how much these burn Pullups (+13kg dumbell) 5 good, 5 ok, 5 hard pleased with these. Finding it harder to get my rucksack on and haven't shortened the straps - so must have added little back swoleness. Good mornings - first time doing these (bar) 6 ok, 3 stopped due to pain in lower back - prob a bad idea Vibro plate (highest setting) 1 min x2 - hard Planning to start some light deadlifting next week.I have some serious mobility problems that I need to address though. | ||
| Boar | ... | 29-03-2015 @ 18:52 | |
Nothing left in the tank. Member 5, 25597 posts Administrator | I tend to put on fat very easily also ! I downloaded a few dvd's that are for helping fix bad backs, Stuart McGill is particularly useful along with another one I forget the name of , if you feel you ever need some stuff so look at let me know and I will send them down ! (I thought I had done my back in) Keep going ! | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 29-03-2015 @ 20:34 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Boar said:I tend to put on fat very easily also ! I downloaded a few dvd's that are for helping fix bad backs, Stuart McGill is particularly useful along with another one I forget the name of , if you feel you ever need some stuff so look at let me know and I will send them down ! (I thought I had done my back in) Keep going ! Cheers Boar. Those vids would be useful if you have time to dig them out. I realised when watchin a vid that someone posted on here about squatting and mobility that I basically can't squat - not without a weight anyway. Can't squat down with feet kept flat on floor and get into a proper (below 90degrees/sitting o haunches) position. I either need to rise onto tiptoes or I'm way above parallel and still can't hold it comfortably. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 29-03-2015 @ 20:37 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Yesterday (Bodyweight 81.7ish) Press-ups 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 Then went to pub, had 3.5 pints, came home and had 2 cans of larger then approx 300mls bacardi whilst watching a film about a killer crocodile... which probably would have been less entertaining if I hadn't been pissed. I now weigh 82.6 even after minimal eating today. Bugger. | ||
| MuscleDemon | ... | 30-03-2015 @ 15:53 | |
We all live as we chose. Member 5051, 866 posts SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq | Pikefingers said: Cheers Boar. Those vids would be useful if you have time to dig them out. I realised when watchin a vid that someone posted on here about squatting and mobility that I basically can't squat - not without a weight anyway. Can't squat down with feet kept flat on floor and get into a proper (below 90degrees/sitting o haunches) position. I either need to rise onto tiptoes or I'm way above parallel and still can't hold it comfortably. Lower body flexibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA Deep Squatting stretches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6W2B7vS28 I do these stretches consistently. Follow it and you will improve. Pikefingers said:Yesterday (Bodyweight 81.7ish) Press-ups 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 Then went to pub, had 3.5 pints, came home and had 2 cans of larger then approx 300mls bacardi whilst watching a film about a killer crocodile... which probably would have been less entertaining if I hadn't been pissed. I now weigh 82.6 even after minimal eating today. Bugger. Not surprised, remember alcohol has many calories and you consumed a lot of liquid volume. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 30-03-2015 @ 21:51 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | I also had 2 cadburys cream eggs, 1.5 sticky hot-cross buns and a bit of fried chicken - and 3 fried potato pancakes. Up until then the diet was going well-ish. Easter weekend will be a massive gorging fest at the family home, so need to catch-up on the diet. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 30-03-2015 @ 21:59 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Mon bodyweight 82.6 Squats (60) 10 - this was the most comfortable set of squats I've done for a log time(hit depth easily - and no back pain) (80) 5 ok (100) 2 lower back complaing a bit - strange Plan was to belt up for a 120 single, then move up steadily to around 150 (120) - no belt (stupid) x1 back started to seize up. Some discomfort walking afterwards. Left it for squats after this. Bench (60) 12 good (75) 5 ok (90) 2 very weak! 3 not much better - gave up on benching Dumbell press (22) 5, 5 (16) 10 Vibro-plate used on back for first time - 30 secs x2. Will explore this more. Could be a good idea. Will try to rest and stretch back more before thurs. Want to be able to deadlift again. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 30-03-2015 @ 22:00 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | MuscleDemon said: Not surprised, remember alcohol has many calories and you consumed a lot of liquid volume. Cheers for the vids. | ||
| MuscleDemon | ... | 30-03-2015 @ 22:48 | |
We all live as we chose. Member 5051, 866 posts SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq | Post Edited: 30.03.2015 @ 22:57 PM by MuscleDemon Those videos will really help you hit depth comfortably and improve your ankle flexibility if you follow the stretches. Make time to do them at least twice a day. With higher volume as opposed to overload until your nervous system adapts to the greater depth/mobility, you will progress a lot more smoothly in the future and the flares of pain will ease off. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 02-04-2015 @ 22:59 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Bodyweight 81.1 Decided to try deadlifting as back recovered ok from squatting silliness on Monday. Hamstring curls (45) 11, 11 Deads (70) 8 heavy buy ok, 8 heavy but ok (80) 5 ok No problem getting down to the bar and no pain on the upwards part of the lift, but when I am coming down, the bottom 6 inches or so (before hitting the ground) is really difficult. It's the position that I struggle to get into and it's like I have no muscle strength there because I can't properly set-up in that position. Found myself trying to take the weight of my lower back by bracing my arms against my legs. Dumbell bench (24) 14 ok (28) 10 Pullups (+14kg dumbbell) 5 ok, 5 hard, 4 hard Straight bar curls (35) 7, 7, 7 ok vibro-plate thing on back - 30 secs x2 Pleased that deads didn't cause me any pain, but need to understand why I can't lower the weight comfortably and how to fix it. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 08-04-2015 @ 21:45 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Post Edited: 11.04.2015 @ 23:16 PM by Pikefingers Back started to feel bad a few days after last session.Then I went on a 4-day eating and drinking binge. Monday Bodyweight (82.8) SQUATS (60) 10 good (80) 6 good (100) 3 good (120) 1 strong but back starting to tense up Planned to add belt and do 140 then 150.. then realised i hadn't brought it. (115) 5 good bench (60) 8 ok (80) 3 ok (90) 1 ok (100) 1 easy (105) 1 good (107.5) 1 hard but good db Press (24) 5 hard (20) 5 hard (22) 5 hard Dips 10 good vibro-plate thingy 30 secsx2 on back Pleased with strength but pissed off at letting the diet slip | ||
| MuscleDemon | ... | 11-04-2015 @ 20:31 | |
We all live as we chose. Member 5051, 866 posts SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq | Pikefingers said:Back started to feel bad a few days after last session. Then I went on a 4-day eating and drinking binge. Monday Bodyweight (82.8) (60) 10 good (80) 6 good (100) 3 good (120) 1 strong but back starting to tense up Planned to add belt and do 140 then 150.. then realised i hadn't brought it. (115) 5 good bench (60) 8 ok (80) 3 ok (90) 1 ok (100) 1 easy (105) 1 good (107.5) 1 hard but good db Press (24) 5 hard (20) 5 hard (22) 5 hard Dips 10 good vibro-plate thingy 30 secsx2 on back Pleased with strength but pissed off at letting the diet slip What is your first exercise here? Squats? You are indeed getting stronger, should be pleased. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 11-04-2015 @ 23:19 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Squats. Am holding my strength OK so far. Have done a 155 comp squat with just a belt at 78kg though, so not quite body weight pb territory yet. Was pleased with bench though. Did 300 press-ups today. Will post proper updates tomorrow. | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 12-04-2015 @ 20:55 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Thurs Bodyweight still 82.8 Hamstring curls (45) 11, 11, 8 Deadlifts (only 2nd week back deadlifting) (70) 9 better than last week, 7 ok (85) 6 ok Pullups (+14kg) 5 hard, 5 v hard, 4 v hard E-Z Curls (40) 8 hard, 7 hard, 6 hard virbo-plate 30secsx2 on back | ||
| Pikefingers | ... | 12-04-2015 @ 20:57 | |
Squatting isn't doing my back any good. Member 5108, 869 posts SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq | Sat Bodyweight 82.5 Press-ups 35, 35, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 20 (300 total - spread out over most of the day) | ||
1234567891011121314151617181920212223