Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBritain's Strongest Teenager.

Britain's Strongest Teenager.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigT
Anyone see Bronwyn Taylor on The One Show last night? thought she came across quite well and was good to see a bit of weight training and van pulling going down on Prime Time.

Just don't call her a Weight Lifter......she didn't seem to like that!
They say she's aiming to compete in the olympics, there seems to be no mention of oly lifting anywhere??
baldt
I think I saw an interview with her saying she was aiming for 2016 olympics? then she pulled a van. I think she may have to take up weightlifting
She was on day break a few weeks ago, interviewed her a bit then she tried to pull a van but failed to move it live on TV, felt a bit bad for her.

she's a powerlifter by the look of it -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083115/Bronwyn-Taylor...
BigT
I got a bit of a shock when it said she was only 16! She looked older in that dress.

Aye, she's a Powerlifter, but does martial arts too. Viking Power by the look of her!
sweatynads
spam_up said:She was on day break a few weeks ago, interviewed her a bit then she tried to pull a van but failed to move it live on TV, felt a bit bad for her.

she's a powerlifter by the look of it -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083115/Bronwyn-Taylor...

yeah i seen that too , didnt look good but i found it funny as lol
:s
i can say i enjoy her somewhat without being a paedophile Happy
saw here lift at the commonwealth champs very strong for her age and bw but i can see why she will head down the oly route at her age she could make alot more for herself out of an olympic sport than powerlifitng
they left the handbrake on? really??
Steve
Post Edited: 11.02.2012 @ 17:11 PM by Steve
It's great to see lifting getting some coverage, however it is also frustrating at how the media jump on the idea of a pretty girl lfting weights and declare her Britains Strongest Teenager without any real idea of how she compares.

At the same age & 10kg lighter, Zoe Smith has snatched 20kg more than this girl squatted at the Commonwealths!
Rusev
yes Is good to see lifting on primtime TV but she said she benched 50k at 16 we must have a lot more teenagers doing better than her like you said Zoe Smith

I clean and jerked 92.5 at 14 years old

why not have clegg CJ 150/160k on their would be more impressive esp with his speed technique etc.
She benched 67.5 today at the British Bench and just failed to lock out 75, and she only tried a shirt for the first time 3 weeks ago. Remember, she only did her first comp last May and only turned 16 3 months ago.

The girl's claiming nothing herself, she was 'christened' 'Scotland's Strongest Teenager' by a local paper, a national paper picked up on it and changed 'Scotland' to 'Britain', and hey ho, there we go...

On Daybreak, the handbrake was left on by a dopey driver, she did it again a short while later and made it look easy. Reckon she'll have a 200+ lb bench by the time she leaves the sub juniors. Great coverage for the sport...
BigT
In my eyes, she can only do good for Strength Sports. She is driven, dedicated, strong and has a good goal, plus she is bonnie, intelligent and seems quite down to earth.

Glad she did well at the comp. Hope she (and others) maybe get to show off their stuff at the likes of the Bodypower expo.

Return to top View Desktop Site