Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBest films of 2011?

Best films of 2011?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Chris_L
Post Edited: 02.01.2012 @ 20:30 PM by Chris_L
Rick said:Several more I missed:

The Fighter
The King's Speech
Warrior (cheesy but emotive)
Hanna (silly but brilliant)
Super 8

I'm sure there are still plenty more.

that Warrior movie was terrible!, i remember walking out the cinema half way through it because it was sending me to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzRoll-Eyes also The Thing (2011) was a prequel not a remake, the ending of the 2011 version was the beginning of the 1982 film The Thing Cool
Post Edited: 02.01.2012 @ 21:29 PM by Rick
They said it was a prequel, but it had basically the same plot, the same title , and pretty much the same characters (though it's generous to accuse it of having characters), just updated effects. Shrug.

If you thought Warrior was boring enough to walk out of, that is... well, pretty much of a piece with your other ideas about films, tbh... Wink.
Joseph_Walton
I watched warrior a few nights ago and enjoyed it. I thought it was probably the only fighting film i've seen which didn't just rely on the fighting scenes to make up for average acting. Though i do have a special place in my heart for never back down.
shawn
Got too many to name but one main stand out was RED STATE

Seen the trailer and did not really expect much, watched it one afternoon and with the surround sound turned up it ended up being one of the best films of the year for me by far. Loved it.

Sort of wished they had the money for the books ending but the film's ending worked great too.
fctilidie
Post Edited: 03.01.2012 @ 11:43 AM by fctilidie
shawn said:Got too many to name but one main stand out was RED STATE

Seen the trailer and did not really expect much, watched it one afternoon and with the surround sound turned up it ended up being one of the best films of the year for me by far. Loved it.

Sort of wished they had the money for the books ending but the film's ending worked great too.

I'm confused by this, as they didn't run out of money it was just done on low budget and not released in the conventional way, he was testing the water to see if you could release a film without all the mass advertising campaign and mainly used his twitter account and other free medias. And it wasn't based on a book. It was written and directed by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy etc) and he's only ever done one film he didn't write himself and that was Cop Out as far as I know. Unless you mean changed from the first scipt he wrote. It was in my top 5 and it really is one of those well kept secret films that a lot of people will probably miss out on.
Post Edited: 03.01.2012 @ 15:29 PM by RyanH
SteBaker said:Tyrannosaur ( just coz paddy knows to make you angry as fook in the first 5 mins)
Super 8 ( ET updated)
Thor ( coz I'm a Viking )
Sucker Punch ( bad story line, but Awesome picture and sexy Birds)
Colombiana ( kickass film)

Tv Series of 2011

Homeland
Sons Of Anarchy season 4

Sons of anarchy is sick!
as is Breaking Bad. + many other series.
Rick said:They said it was a prequel, but it had basically the same plot, the same title , and pretty much the same characters (though it's generous to accuse it of having characters), just updated effects. Shrug.

If you thought Warrior was boring enough to walk out of, that is... well, pretty much of a piece with your other ideas about films, tbh... Wink.

f**king LOVED Warrior!
shawn
Insidious was the best horror film I seen for a very long time.

Sure I read that they never had the budget for the Original Ending? Either way Loved the film. Grin
fctilidie
Yeah they didn't have the budget for the ending he first wrote, but they knew that before they started as the special effects budget was really small. It really is a good film and I hope people who read this thread give it a chance.
If I'd seen it in 2011, Fincher's Dragon Tattoo would definitely have been on my list. Tremendous film.
recently saw a movie called stakeland has anyone else seen it ..really enjoyed it...
Post Edited: 04.01.2012 @ 11:36 AM by Rick
Stake land! Another one I'd forgotten about - yeah, saw it on release and really liked it a lot.

A much better remake of The Thing:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToCq_c3wOM8

Peter Watts's short story from the other perspective: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
Watched Sucker Punch the other night, sexy, disturbing, strange, f**ked up and confusing all at the same time. Great watch!
Post Edited: 05.01.2012 @ 18:41 PM by ironage
Drive was brilliant
Horrible Bosses was a laugH
TV
Homeland was superb drama,especially the scene in the panic room/bunker!!!will he/won't he!!!ace
Sons of Anarchy was brilliant again
The scalping scene on Boardwalk Empire was unreal!!!it actually looked real!!!!
It's not been the strongest year for film but Tyrannosaur was very very good

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBest films of 2011?
Return to top View Desktop Site