Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitAudley Harrison VS David Haye

Audley Harrison VS David Haye

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

haye is a great boxer, harrison isn't. did anyone actually think harrison had a chance?
i didnt, but id be pissed if id paid for that ppv. as much as i like haye i think he will continue to dodge the big fights though, if he wants to be known as a true heavyweight champ he needs to fight the best
spam_up said:haye is a great boxer, harrison isn't. did anyone actually think harrison had a chance?

No, not a chance. If he had one it would have been against the tide of the fight with a decent left. I thought Haye would win in the first half of the fight. Thougt it would be easy for him, but that was riduculous
Pompy said:i didnt, but id be pissed if id paid for that ppv. as much as i like haye i think he will continue to dodge the big fights though, if he wants to be known as a true heavyweight champ he needs to fight the best

agreed.

He has made a lot of money from this fight, and has nothing to lose from fighting the Klitchkos. If he wins he cements his place in history, if he loses fair play, he wont be looked on any less favourably. Infact I think hes legacy would be better for having given it a go.

In his position the only fights that can boost his career in sporting terms is a Kiltchko. He could fill the bank with other fights, but in his position I would take on the Kilichkos for an absolute minimum purse if need be
What I'd give for a young Tyson to f**king destroy the current crop. The heavyweight scene is s**te.
PAGAN said:What I'd give for a young Tyson to f**king destroy the current crop. The heavyweight scene is s**te.

Was talkin about that very thing earlier. Heavyweight has become so much about building up points with the jab. There are very few decent heavyweights just now, and the Klitchkos and their boring style need to be beaten fo make it more interesting.

Tyson at his peak would destroy any of them, hardly even a contest
davycummings said:
Tyson at his peak would destroy any of them, hardly even a contest

Totally agree, for me Tyson would have beat Lewis in his prime but I know many disagree.
PAGAN said:
Totally agree, for me Tyson would have beat Lewis in his prime but I know many disagree.

Tyson in his prime = WAY better than Lewis in his prime. Sadly Tyson's prime didn't last anywhere near long ehough
Was always going to end that way. At least the Grove undercard was decent. Tyson in his prime would beat anyone (including Ali)
Harrisons problem is he doesnt like getting hit. For a boxer, thats a f**king big problem

He actually has half decent hands, just the above and no heart at all

Haye is the only HW out there worth watching IMO
JC said:Harrisons problem is he doesnt like getting hit. For a boxer, thats a f**king big problem

Half decent hands? The c**t should have tried throwing a punch then!

I feel ashamed that I bought into the hype and thought Harrison had a slim chance but not as ashamed as Harrison should be after that "performance"... they should withhold his purse!
JC said:Harrisons problem is he doesnt like getting hit. For a boxer, thats a f**king big problem

your right, and has in the past shown glimpses of true quality

however he is deluded, mental, and won't take a dig

I think that he and Haye were still friends before the fight, and Haye was setting up one last big pay day for his old sparring partner
Ben_F said:

Half decent hands? The c**t should have tried throwing a punch then!

I feel ashamed that I bought into the hype and thought Harrison had a slim chance but not as ashamed as Harrison should be after that "performance"... they should withhold his purse!

This is what ties in with what I said above though. He wont use his 'decent' hands as he is terrified of getting caught on the counter!

I honestly think if he didnt mind getting hit, he'd be a decent HW boxer. But he's so terrified of getting hit, he wont engage the other fighter.

The only times he drops folk (like Sprott) is when his opponent is on the offence and leaves them self open to him.
Big_Gray

couldnt agree more, s**t scared of gettin hit, as soon as he did he folded
Big_Gray
PAGAN said:What I'd give for a young Tyson to f**king destroy the current crop. The heavyweight scene is s**te.

i touched on this in my first post at start of thread. tyson was n still is the best heavyweight ever. at his peak in his early 20's he was an animal granite chin, sick power, stamina to burn, skill and total beleif n killer instinct. no doubt in my mind that he would have beaten any1 easily.

lewis was good very good but in there prime tyson would have been to much for him.

check out his vids on youtube, scary

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitAudley Harrison VS David Haye
Return to top View Desktop Site