Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumbrynevans → View All Posts

View All Posts: brynevans

» North west uneqiupped (Go to post)13-04-2007 @ 19:53 
It would be great if someone could video the event and post it on the site, Im keen to get more of the regions lifters using the site as its a good way to distribute information. We'd be grateful of anybody who could help out with spotting and loading, the more the merrier.
For those entering the competition if you could get your forms to me ASAP please, its not essential you put your bwla No on it but I would insist that you do join immediately if you want to compete. You will need a leotard to lift, you can get them quickly from pullum sports I think theyre about £25-30.
Familiarise yourself with the rules too at this link
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/IPF_rulebook_2007.pdf

If you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me at bevans5088@aol.com
bryn
» North west uneqiupped (Go to post)10-04-2007 @ 22:49 
Could all those wishing to enter the NW unequipped let me know asap and send your form in.
thankyou
» female PL leotard (Go to post)05-04-2007 @ 19:37 
Try pullum sports, they are very reliable, they take card payments and its fast delivery
http://www.pullumsports.com/

This would be the item you need
http://www.pullumsports.com/details.html?code=CWLY01
Good luck
» British Masters (Go to post)04-04-2007 @ 15:07 
Yes thats the 390kg alright. Hell of a fight! It deserved 3 white lights.
There were one or two odd judging decisions on the day, they were showing the colour cards earlier but then didnt bother later on so some failures were anybodies guess as to the reason. Some of them were calling for a very long pause and perhaps they were waiting for an absolutely motionless bar?
The judging always is strict at national level.
» British Masters (Go to post)02-04-2007 @ 17:46 
Jim Squatted 390kg for a masters and commonwealth record
265 bench
285deadlift
for a 940kg total, not his best day but he was happy with the big squat
» NW venues (Go to post)30-03-2007 @ 21:54 
Paul,
If he is interested in holding a powerlifting comp at his gym tell him to drop me a line at bevans5088@aol.com
Were always interested in getting new interest in the sport i think having comps around the region may be a way?
Bryn
» Amusing power video (Go to post)28-03-2007 @ 10:11 
According to the IPF rulebook safety stands are supposed to be mandatory in all international competitions on the benchpress. Theres no reason why they shouldnt be used in all contests
» Amusing power video (Go to post)27-03-2007 @ 23:58 
Post Edited: 28.03.2007 @ 00:28 AM

Watch this video of powerlifting. A bit shocking in parts
» Shoes to train in. (Go to post)25-03-2007 @ 16:53 
Some of the boxing style shoes have thin soles with a low heel like the adidas pretero, I have the converse "chuck taylors" which i do all the lifts in.
» North west uneqiupped (Go to post)21-03-2007 @ 21:34 
Rob,
As long as you bring your bwla card on the day that should be fine, look forward to seeing you and all the rest off the sugden site.
» North west uneqiupped (Go to post)21-03-2007 @ 15:03 
Those of you who are wishing to compete can print this off and send it to me.
The more the merrier!!

BWLA Northwest Counties
Unequipped Powerlifting Championships
Sunday April 29th
Rhinos Gym ,35 Ripponden Rd Oldham OL1 4EW
Weigh-in 09.00 till 10.30

Name___________________________________________

Address_________________________________________

Email Address______________________________________________

Gender M / F

Bodyweight category ______________kg

Age Category ___________________

BWLA Membership No_____________________

Please send cheque for £8. payable to NWCAWLA to:
Bryn Evans
94 Waidshouse Rd
Nelson
Lancs BB9 0RZ
» Littlegirl bunny (Go to post)19-03-2007 @ 21:45 
I can assure you everyone is nervous before their first competition. As I recall I had very little sleep and spent the first 20 mins of the comp day decorating the porcelain if you know what I mean!!
My advice to anyone is turn up and have a go. One things for sure your second comp will be a hell of a lot easier.
Pete did really well on his first outing and I bet he wishes he'd done it years ago.
» New Video Category: 'Adlington' (Go to post)17-03-2007 @ 15:55 
Post Edited: 17.03.2007 @ 22:02 PM
Although this one is not strictly powerlifting I did find it quite funny

Cat weightlifting
» Total fitness, the posers gym? (Go to post)15-03-2007 @ 09:55 
Environment is important to training, if you train at a gym where you are a big fish in a small pond you have created an artificial ceiling for your performance.You will probably find yourself bottom pegging all the machines in there and the dumbells will probably be too light, training with similar or stronger people you can have a friendly competition which is bound to make you stronger. I would agree that a "chrome dumbell" type gym is not going to be accomodating to powerlifters and that its becoming increasingly common to have a seperate freeweight room as I can understand that women and pencilnecks may be intimidated by someone psyching up for a big deadlift or squat.
» North west uneqiupped (Go to post)13-03-2007 @ 13:16 
Rick should definitely turn up and have a go, it's a great feeling just to get a total on the board at any event. I'm sure if you have been to any contests before you will know that there's always a supportive atomosphere from the other lifters.
It improve your lifting on several levels: It will give you a benchmark to exceed for your next comp, Confirm that you are performing the lifts correctly and boost your confidence for your next competition. Who knows you may even get a cheap plastic trophy for your mantlepiece!!!

You are here: HomeForumbrynevans → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site