REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 4 members and 31 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumbrynevans → View All Posts

View All Posts: brynevans

12345678910 ... ... 132133134135136137138139140141142

» Making sure bands are even (Go to post)12-07-2007 @ 21:34 
The method we use to ensure even tension is to place the bar on the bench pad then loop the band over one end, go under the bench then loop it over the other end of the bar,the bar is then lifted onto the rack. Ensure the bands are looped over at about shoulder width, depending on the type of bands you may need to put a block of wood or pad etc under the bench to ensure the bands dont go slack when the bar is resting on your chest. We favour this method over stretching the bands on the outside of the plates as any slight asymetry in band tension is acting at a greater distance from the effective roll centre (ie a greater moment) and it then feels odd!
If you want any photos I can send you some at the weekend
» Hello & Squat advice (Go to post)11-07-2007 @ 15:09 
Attending our next powerlifting training session might be a worthwhile exercise if you want squatting advice. Jim Blanchflower (390kg squat!) will be at hand to offer coaching as will some of the other of the regions experienced lifters. We have not set a date for our next session but It will probably be in August or early september, keep an eye on this site for information.
» BWLA powerlfiting womans comp. (Go to post)07-07-2007 @ 14:54 
Yes get your coat Martin, brush your hair too so you don't look unkemped!!
» BWLA powerlfiting womans comp. (Go to post)07-07-2007 @ 10:13 
To cut a long story short you should compete unless you are very highly strung. But firstly you need to build a foundation of strength and make sure you are doing the lifts technically correct. For many people the sugden website is a lifeline so stick with it because a lack of communication can let you down. Of course your first competition can be a little stressful and you could be telling yourself that I don't need this pressure on, but everyone in powerlifting is very supportive of each other.

ok I think thats as many Spandau Ballet gags as I can fit in one paragraph.
» BWLA Manchester and Districts, July 22nd (Go to post)06-07-2007 @ 00:54 
Originally posted by Boar...
we also have 8 x 25kg IVANKO new competition plates as well.

I will be bringing my extra large backpack.

Why are you going to try and suicide bomb our event?
» The Sugden barbells (Go to post)05-07-2007 @ 00:35 
The maximum grip did look so natural for you Rick, it would be interesting to see what progress you make if you stick to it. To be honest you looked better with every squat and bench you did on that day. Just a thought you could mark the sugden bars at 81cm with insulating tape or a car touch up pen to avoid grip width errors.
» BWLA Manchester and Districts, July 22nd (Go to post)05-07-2007 @ 00:23 
Great stuff, entries are starting to trickle in now. I will be getting under the bar myself this time. Im hoping the loading will run a bit smoother with the new ER stands, we also have 8 x 25kg IVANKO new competition plates as well.
If any of you haven't sent your entries in yet i'd appreciate it if you could. Thankyou
» BWLA Manchester and Districts, July 22nd (Go to post)01-07-2007 @ 23:59 
Thanks Pete, I'll look forward to seeing you move some big weights again.
Bryn
» CNP Pro male (Go to post)01-07-2007 @ 23:53 
According to the CNP website "Pro-Male is perfectly safe to use for those subject to IOC drug testing." but im inclined to agree with Tokars comments that its probably not much good anyway. One of the tests that your sample gets is the T/E ratio which measures the relationship between testosterone and epitestosterone which is normally 1:1 but the tolerance on the test allows you up to a 6:1 before its regarded as suspicious. Here is a link to an article:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6265
[url=] [/url]
So while it may raise testosterone it may not raise it by much if they are saying it's safe to use if you are drug tested. Exercise,mood and sunlight and a host of other things can also raise testosterone but of course these can't be bottled and sold.
I think too many people go in search of the holy grail of supplements when they'd be better off buying a juicy piece of meat (or soya bean curd for the vegans). Of course some supplements do work but others are based on very weak scientific evidence.
» BWLA Manchester and Districts, July 22nd (Go to post)28-06-2007 @ 23:03 
I you are not BWLA members yet I suggest that you join asap as it can take well over a week to process. Sadly a couple of people had lied to me (im pleased to say nobody off this site!) at the last contest about having sent the forms in, when I recieved the full list of members a few weeks ago it was clear they hadn't. Part of the membership fee goes towards an insurance policy which is obviously to the benefit of the lifters in the event of a freak accident and obviously you then aren't insured. Also any total you set is rendered void as well so please join early!

http://bwla.co.uk/index.php?option=com_downloads&Itemid=51...
» BWLA Manchester and Districts, July 22nd (Go to post)28-06-2007 @ 21:59 
Post Edited: 28.06.2007 @ 22:02 PM
feel free to print this off and return it to me. The sooner the better then its easier to plan the event.

BWLA Northwest Counties
Manchester and District Powerlifting Championships
Sunday July 22nd
Rhinos Gym ,35 Ripponden Rd Oldham OL1 4EW
Weigh-in 09.00 till 10.30

Name___________________________________________

Address_________________________________________

Email Address______________________________________________

Gender M / F

Bodyweight category ______________kg

Age Category ___________________

BWLA Membership No_____________________

Please send cheque for 8. payable to NWCAWLA to:
Bryn Evans
94 Waidshouse Rd
Nelson
Lancs BB9 0RZ
» Clive Henry gets IPF Worlds Gold (Go to post)28-06-2007 @ 21:37 
Clives 440kg squat never looked in any doubt, infact it looked pretty easy. I agree he will do more than that weight soon but in the 125 category. He is without a doubt the worlds top squatter. If he could just keep hold of that deadlift!
» Clive Henry gets IPF Worlds Gold (Go to post)26-06-2007 @ 21:30 
I had thought it was just that if you competed against a lifter who is banned from the IPF but it seems that is not the case. It does seem an odd rule to exclude you from doing ANY international. I'd stick to the IPF ones then we don't have to mute our master of the microphone!
» NW training camp 24th June (Go to post)24-06-2007 @ 18:06 
Thanks to everybody who turned up today both lifters and helpers, I hope that in someway you found it of benefit to your training. It was good to see a few new faces too and hope that we see you on the platform sometime soon. On the subject of platforms I'd like to point out that the small amount of money that this session generated will be used towards building a contest platform for use at future events as the current matting that we use is not ideal. It was a shame that in the end we were a little pushed for time but as a format for the day I think it worked out well and its certainly something that we would do again if there is enough interest.
» Clive Henry gets IPF Worlds Gold (Go to post)24-06-2007 @ 17:35 
I'm 99% sure that Ed Coan was given a ban for doping offences (more than one), I understand he tried to sue the IPF on one of those ocassions. He was so far ahead of every other lifter at the time did he really need to cheat?

12345678910 ... ... 132133134135136137138139140141142

You are here: HomeForumbrynevans → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto