REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 202 guests
You are here: HomeForumFazc → View All Posts

View All Posts: Fazc

12345678910 ... 406 ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

» Benching and pausing (Go to post)05-09-2007 @ 14:09 
Cheers for the opinions lads. Its given me something to think about.

Originally posted by Olly...So, I paused my 'speed' work. This seemed to have a real positive effect.

This is something I could look at. I don't want to cut off all stress. A little stress is good!
» Muscle Beach! (Go to post)05-09-2007 @ 13:12 
Post Edited: 05.09.2007 @ 13:12 PM
Originally posted by Titch...
By the sounds of it, if you want to train there you'll have to swap your beloved cut-off denim shorts, desert boots & bum bag for board shorts, flip-flops and Oakleys, dude!

ROFL!!

Iain, gym right in the centre of the beach. Head straight down Lewes Road, and climb down the stairs to the beach bit and its about 50m or so to your right. Its called Riptide gym.
» Box Squat Bullshit (Go to post)05-09-2007 @ 12:58 
Originally posted by tbench.....anyway im cool i understand where faz was comeing fromTongue Happy

Tbench, yeah definitely wasn't calling you a f**kwit. You seem to have an idea of 'why' they're working and 'what' they do. You're using them to gauge depth, you have the box at the height of where your rear hits parallel. Thats using your head.

WSB has been glamourised in powerlifting, like Weider is in bodybuilding. What I have seen across many boards for years is Box Squats/WSB being used by people who have no clue what theyre doing and have no clue why they might work. They're added in 'because i read an article by Simmons' and when questioned you can clearly see in their answer they're just parroting from articles, even though they try to make out its a conclusion they've come to themselves. I've read WSB articles too, its easy to tell who these guys are.

It's like the guy who's squatting 100kg and looking for extra hamstring work cos he's weak in the hamstrings. No, he's not weak in the hamstrings, he's weak ALL OVER and needs to put more time in. Thats the kind of thing that people should be warned against.

What I was saying is, if we had more discussion/articles on the various uses of WSB/Boxsquats then we wouldn't have as many people using advanced techniques/routines which are inappropriate for them.
» Muscle Beach! (Go to post)04-09-2007 @ 20:41 
Cheers lads.

In a blatant attempt at getting my log up to the top of the page AND kill time at a net cafe, i'm going to post this 'pseudo-update'.

Found a gym in Brighton, has a power rack 'huzzah' the gym owner calls me "DUDE" and its on the f**kin beach! How cool is that!!

On training, I really need to increase my deadlift. Going to switch things around a bit and max deadlift more often. I think I need a good string of max effort sessions. My assistance areas are strong, my technique is good, time to max for a few months.

Nice, that killed some time.
» Box Squat Bullshit (Go to post)04-09-2007 @ 20:25 
Post Edited: 04.09.2007 @ 20:26 PM
Bah! I'm at a net cafe in brighton and time ran out!

I was in agreement with Badboy's point. But also wanted to say that there needs to be more talk about the 'appropriateness' of routines/exercises. Box squatting/WSB and all that has its place, its certainly not in a beginners routines.

So basically don't blame WSB when the f**kwit who's squatting 100kg or less is considering using their routines. But educate said f**kwit, on what he's doing wrong.

» Box Squat Bullshit (Go to post)04-09-2007 @ 18:21 
Originally posted by badboy007...
The main problem I have is when beginners or novices read about box squats and are brainwashed into thinking they are the only way to progress the squat.

Neglecting the free squat is a crime imo..

I accept that they are a good assistance exercise.. but at the sake of the free squat? Never.

People were squatting 360kg+ without equipment years before anyone ever dreamt of the box squat (in its modern form)
» Crap Total at Straweight (Go to post)04-09-2007 @ 18:04 
f**kin hell Badboy! Hello mate!
» Iain's Training (Go to post)02-09-2007 @ 18:29 
Fantastic stuff Iain!
» DMPM's Journal (Go to post)02-09-2007 @ 14:55 
Welcome back mate, how was it?
» Muscle Beach! (Go to post)02-09-2007 @ 13:43 
Sunday 2nd September

Squat - Upto 205kg x 1 assisted

GMs - 150kg x 3

Leg press - 350kg x 6

Squat was alright. I wasn't in any danger of getting crushed by the weight, and got it back up to mid-way but didn't have enough after that and needed a touch to complete the lift. So confident I can get that unassisted next time.

I did actually video it, but some dick got in the way right when I hit parallel.

Looking at my goals, i'll more than likely try to just do the 205kg this month, and 5kg a month by the end of the year will see me at 220kg. No point in trying to rush it, as i'll have a few months next year before the finals to get upto 230 or so. And I don't think realistically I have 240 in me just yet, at this bodyweight.
» Muscle Beach! (Go to post)02-09-2007 @ 00:19 
My pleasure, excuse the garrulity.

Alrighty, its the first of the month. Time for goals:

By the end of September:

Squat - 210kg

Bench Press - 125kg

Deadlifts is being cycled for a couple months. Other lifts will depend on equipment available in Brighton, so i'll just play it by ear for now.
» Benching and pausing (Go to post)02-09-2007 @ 00:15 
Bump for this, i'm interested in peoples thoughts on the pausing.
» The return of the Bat (Go to post)01-09-2007 @ 21:16 
Fantastic, well done.
» The Legend of Toothpick (Go to post)01-09-2007 @ 18:38 
Friggin sweet, have fun!
» It's Come... (Go to post)01-09-2007 @ 17:41 
Errr?

http://home.fuse.net/jimmassie/golddust.jpg

12345678910 ... 406 ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

You are here: HomeForumFazc → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions