REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 232 guests
You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ystradboy79

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» Slipped disc (Go to post)09-03-2012 @ 12:46 
Namonster said:
What would a health professional who you've consulted know?
I'd advise that Monday is too late and that you should be in there now.

Im packing my gym bag now Grin I think we all know that doctors err on the side of caution and in the current climate of "where theres blame theres a claim" have to cover their backs and tend to give blanket advice rather than tailor a rehab program for each individual case and I cant really blame him for that , as i say Im only looking to do some light upper body work monday and not gonna push things , thanks for the advice though Happy
» Slipped disc (Go to post)09-03-2012 @ 12:10 
Has anyone got any insight/experience of training after a herniated disc?

I popped mine 2 weeks ago attempting a pb deadlift and am now wondering when to start back and how long it will take me to get back to full strength?

Im just about walking properly now but still got lots of pain in my lower back and still numb down my left leg but compared to the first few days after it happened its not too bad at all , ive got most of my ROM back only thing im really struggling with is tying my shoelaces but never been much good at that Grin

Im back in the gym on monday which my my doctor thinks is too soon but not going to push it just some light chest and shoulder work mostly so that I can start feeling better about myself as ive been down as F$£k since it happened and dont want to feel like a "normal" bloke lol

Would like to do some light leg extensions as well but bit concerned about my left leg being numb so prob gonna wait till I can feel at least my knee again

What I really want to know is how soon anyone who has done this has taken to get back to full event training as atm the thought of doing heavy yoke or stones seems a million miles away and if after its happened once how likely would it be that it goes again ? I know theres no exact times for these things but be nice to hear from someone whos been there and came back stronger?
» The return of British Giants Live (Go to post)07-03-2012 @ 17:13 
Happy Happy loving this
» U.S vs U.K Strongman Scene (Go to post)06-03-2012 @ 13:42 
If youve had your custom made kit stolen by metal thieves whilst preparing for wsm do you get a qually spot? Grin
» daily star page 27 wayne russell (Go to post)06-03-2012 @ 13:19 
Quite new to strongman so never heard of this guy before today but he does sound like a tool going off what people who have met him think , getting his 15 minutes!
» daily star page 27 wayne russell (Go to post)06-03-2012 @ 12:36 
I do wonder how much of this article has actually come from the guy in question mind? Hes only quoted as saying a couple of things and we all know what the press is like in this country for building a non story , could well be a local reporter trying to make a name for himself and "guiding" this guy with questions that can be interpreted as the reporter likes
Roll-Eyes
» 105's Champion of Champion's 2012 (Go to post)04-03-2012 @ 18:13 
Well done Ant , good result there in what was obviously a top class field , well done Phil Evs for just stepping up and competing after a nasty hamstring tear not so long back , anyone who saw the state on Phils leg wouldnt have thought he would be back in competion this soon let alone in a comp of this standard so fairplay to the guy!
» 105's Champion of Champion's 2012 (Go to post)02-03-2012 @ 15:48 
lol , dont be putting it on ebay yet Craig , like I say ive been laid up so havent trained with the boys for a few weeks now so dont know whos doing it , just going off Phils post bout him and Ant doing well for wales so assumed it was just the 2 of em from down this way , be great if Chris is doing it , monster deadlift on the cards Happy
» 105's Champion of Champion's 2012 (Go to post)02-03-2012 @ 15:21 
craigmanc said:
And also dont forget Andy and Chris!!Roll-Eyes

Jenkins? Didnt realise he was doing it Embarassed Dont know Andy but train with Phil Ant and Chris but been laid up for a while so out of the loop lol
» 105's Champion of Champion's 2012 (Go to post)02-03-2012 @ 15:01 
Good luck to everyone but esp the gruesome twosome from Wales Phil and Anthony , smash it boyos!
» no this is not a joke (Go to post)29-02-2012 @ 14:02 
From the floor to the bottom of the bar is just under 8.5" ( 8 and 3/8 if you want to be fussy) so 9.5" blocks should give you and 18" pull and so on ....
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)04-02-2012 @ 21:23 
Gutted I couldnt make this but know I made the right choice , cant quite shake this chest infection off and with it being so cold today genuinely believe I would have ended up in hospital! Peeing me off cos I feel realy strong but getting out of breath stupidly quickly and then having coughing fits! Felt like a t**t messaging Alex last night but realy thought I could recover in time so left it till last minute , took the wife to talk some sense into me and now glad she did Happy

Well done to everyone competing today and especially Alex for putting this on , getting 600 people to a strongman event is no mean feat and it makes you wonder how big next years will be!

Off to cwtch my quilt now and feel sorry for myself Unhappy
» Hiccups (Go to post)04-02-2012 @ 17:19 
http://youtu.be/9JbdTRpeHNI
» Couple of random questions! (Go to post)03-02-2012 @ 15:37 
Get down to poundland mate ( where the old halfords was in llansamlet ) they got loads of supports down there , the neoprene back ones are nice and wide and keep you well cosy Grin Cant go wrong for £1
» Thosebananas Strongman (Go to post)02-02-2012 @ 19:52 
welcome back Scott , great to see your back slamming the strongman , after the unit 20 novice we did I thought you were gonna explode onto the open scene last year so be good to see you make good on your obvious potential mate.

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions