REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 136 guests
You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ystradboy79

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» World's Strongest Hand's (Go to post)11-12-2013 @ 11:09 
PaulSavage said:Ok so hopefully get started next week and training plan is going to be..

Monday's - heavy deadlift/grip
Tuesday - pressing
Wednesday - off
Thursday - speed squat/deadlift
Friday - pressing
Saturday - off
Sunday - off

In an effort to stop me f**king myself up am going try to stick to using the axle overhand grip for the heavy deadlifts and try to keep my form. If I can get above Burke's record great but just a lot of work on back, hips and hamstrings. Assistance exercises will be stiff leg deads, good mornings, hyper deads plus rows and shrugs. Pressing since I have no log will be based around axle push press for time being with some side handle dumbbell press and a bunch of tricep work in the mix.

Be better off moving squats to a Friday imho and pressing to Saturday , also what is the thinking behind speed squats as opposed to simply running a heavy squat program if your looking to add quality mass? Would make more sense to change one session to speed deads rather than devote your entire squat routine to speed work - again just my opinion Happy
» 335kg deadlift (Go to post)07-12-2013 @ 10:24 
Strong pull Luke! Should know though that Paul savage pulls more than this without straps and just using one hand whilst eating a quorn burger with the other ..........on ice skates! Eek
» veganism (Go to post)04-12-2013 @ 12:17 
martinb said:
I shouldn't engage but.....
Is this a religious thing? You keep on using terms like "doesn't mean there made to do so", that suggest something/someone made us/primates vegetarian.
You do realise that all life started from carnivorous beginings right?

Paul showing himself to be the expert fisherman again Happy Cast his line and hooked a comment Martin , resistance is futile Grin
» veganism (Go to post)04-12-2013 @ 11:34 
PaulSavage said:
Our teeth are not even close to being sharp. There's 7 animals in my house that have teeth just as sharp or sharper than mine, all vegetarians. There's a lot you have missed but I can't keep going over it again. I read a ton on both sides of the argument even before I was as vegetarian and studied pretty much all aspects of the human in college college.

Just out of interest what are these 7 animals?
» veganism (Go to post)01-12-2013 @ 22:31 
PaulSavage said:
Yes 5lb daily. I'm now heavier than I was then, and a bit leaner, after only just starting lifting heavy again, so nowhere.

Soooooo you were 17 stone 6,2" and fairly lean , your now heavier and a bit leaner yet a few days ago you told me you were looking to lose 15" from your waist , that you were down 6+ inches from a 46" ???????

I am 21 stone 6,1" , not very lean at all and have a 36" waist - what exactly do you class as lean? Confused
» Really really heavy sandbag? (Go to post)28-11-2013 @ 14:36 
PaulSavage said:
Why exaggerate every comment? I never said I'd be top heavyweight boxer, boxer I work with said that, I told him he was mental for about 3 months before I even considered trying it. Also never said anything about shouldering 180k sandbag. Lifting carpets for 10 years as a job isn't 'training with a carpet'.
The only truthful thing you said was that I will get stronger as I get lighter, which isn't unheard of, many have done this. You never considered some people who are heavy are just fat? I'll drop 15+ inches off my waist getting the weight off.

lol my mistake , you "considered" that you could be a top heavyweight and this belief was reinforced by the knowledge you are faster than your cat Happy

Your right again , said you would lift the 180k sandbag not shoulder it , just seems like a lot of effort to go to making such a heavy bag just to lift it to your waist?

You did however state that you were basically paid to train , as your job involves lifting carpets I read this as training with a carpet Happy

Out of interest how big is your waist now if your looking to drop 15"?
» Really really heavy sandbag? (Go to post)28-11-2013 @ 13:50 
I think im warming to Paul savage , over the last few weeks ive read that hes going to be a top heavyweight boxer because he never slipped on the ice outside school and is faster than his cat when they play , hes going to qualify for the u90s because he will get stronger as the weight comes off and now hes gonna shoulder a 180kg sandbag after training with a carpet Grin

How can anyone not like this guy , puts a smile on your face on a s**tty winters day Happy
» Wales Strongest Man 2014 - Events (Go to post)27-11-2013 @ 15:11 
Im aiming for 81 seconds then Nath Wink
» 380kg yoke for 10m. (Go to post)25-11-2013 @ 11:31 
Solid yokeage Richie!
» in soviet russia, bear tricks you (Go to post)22-11-2013 @ 11:20 
martinb said:Amazing

Though I hate to think what he did to that bear to get it to do those things

Would like to think its all reward training , bear seems to have its claws intact and is getting a treat after every trick but that could just be me looking for the happy story , seems well fed though and in much better condition than the dancing bears you see in places like Bulgaria and Romania.
» Britain's Beastliest Strongman Under 105kg 2013 (Go to post)21-11-2013 @ 13:33 
Lewisg said:
Whos that mate?

Grin Great scott Lewis!!
» Luke Davies vs Paul Savage (Go to post)17-11-2013 @ 15:52 
Possibly the best thread ever! Happy
» Being taught the Olympic lifts incorrectly by amateurs (Go to post)07-11-2013 @ 10:38 
» Slipped disc (Go to post)29-10-2013 @ 10:14 
Cuddles said:I've had bad disk problems since I was 14.

Matt Spiller's article on back press ups really helped me (http://danjohn.net/pdfs/gu11.pdf) I did them religiously even when I wasn't in pain.

I also found that once I was 'better', I had to really focus on ab and lumbar work to help keep everything as solid as it needed to be. That also helped my strength in the big lifts.

Same link you sent me last year mate and as with Neil best advice I received , started doing the Mckenzies and the sharp pains eased within a week , still do them now either as part of my daily core routine or during deadlift sessions when I feel my lumbar area is overly tight.
» Can I put my name down for inters please (Go to post)28-10-2013 @ 17:18 
VanillaGorilla said:I didn't think they were doing an inters for this?

All depends on numbers apparently , if theres enough interest then it could be happening if not just novice and open.

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions