REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 209 guests
You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ystradboy79

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» DafVinci's Journal. (Go to post)30-01-2012 @ 17:03 
Making good progress already mate , was good to see you down the warehouse saturday , you did well and got stuck in , easy press on the log and Id put money on you getting the 180k yoke up next time ( it was a bit too low for you tbh so be fine when its adjusted ) Enjoy the snow Happy
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)30-01-2012 @ 13:04 
Post Edited: 30.01.2012 @ 13:04 PM by ystradboy79
Less than a week now and proper nervous , first open comp and not had the best run up , missed 10 days of training with a chest infection including last weeks event session but did events saturday and not too bad , strength seems to be there just having trouble getting my breath back but hopefully be right by Saturday .........think thats all the excuses done ....... oh forgot to mention my dodgy shoulder Tongue

Right roll on the 4th en Happy
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 17:11 
Ordered nose tork yesterday morn ( early hours) and it came today! Cant fault it mate Happy

Noted what others have said about not getting too close to a new bottle so opened it at arms lenghth only to find the "sealed for your protection" paper seal , started picking at the seal like the oversized ape I am and forgot all about maintaining my distance!! Felt like Id been stabbed in the brain! nearly dropped me lol , getting its first proper outing for events tomorrow so see if I can man up Grin
» Good Morning from South Wales (Go to post)23-01-2012 @ 16:07 
Welcome to sugden mate , youve come to the right place to get into strongman , Im just up the road from you in neath and train with Simon down the warehouse , as he says your more than welcome , all different levels down there so dont feel like you have to be lifting big numbers before you start , just rock up and have a go Cool
» Original post deleted (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 14:32 
Melon or melonhead In school ( surname is melling ) People I grew up with still call me that but to anyone ive known since school just Chris , first time my wife met one of my school friends she didnt know what the hell they were on about Grin
» Dale Longford, Brad Cutler, Chris Jenkins & Curtis Arnold 4 Way Show Down!! (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 14:21 
VanillaGorilla said:
Quoted so he can't edit it haha

Ha Ha unlucky Jake Grin
» EUROPEAN STRONGEST MAN 2012 GIANTS LIVE (Go to post)27-12-2011 @ 17:02 
GATES said:
He was on about the englands qual been invite.

Yeah just re read it Embarassed Does seem strange to have that as invite only if the other 2 are open to anyone Confused
» EUROPEAN STRONGEST MAN 2012 GIANTS LIVE (Go to post)27-12-2011 @ 16:49 
MarkClegg said:I got the impression these events were open to anybody NOT invite only ?

The way I read it , the 3 qualifiers are open to anyone and then the winner of each goes thru to the giants live comp in leeds which will serve as a wsm qualifier , seeing as the previous giants live qualys have been strictly invite only this has gotta be a fairer way of doing things Happy
» Merry Christmas Sugden Brothers (Go to post)24-12-2011 @ 18:13 
Merry christmas chaps x
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)24-12-2011 @ 16:29 
chaos said:Glad I'm a novice!Grin

Starting to wish I was Unhappy Grin
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)23-12-2011 @ 12:39 
Trust me to pick this as my first open comp Eek Already knew it was a quality lineup but its getting silly now Grin Whos next , big z and brian shaw??

Suppose it does mean theres no pressure or expectations on my shoulders mind so all good and gonna be a fantastic way to bring strongman to west wales , shaping up to be an awesome day!
» Celtic Carnage (Go to post)22-12-2011 @ 13:21 
Can you PM me account details please Alex so I can transfer the entry fee to you , cheers mate Cool
» My head sees to make me weak (Go to post)17-12-2011 @ 00:07 
I said:

Perfect example of this , when "gimme the prize" breaks chris justs lifts! Bang! No thinking just straight at it, no fussing and job done ,Im gonna have to get some tips of mr Jenkins cos Im guilty of standing over the bar for an age and talking myself out of pbs on a regular basis Confused

This is what I was trying to embed Embarassed Had to get the missus to show me how lol

http://youtu.be/KVHOUyrEQ30
» My head sees to make me weak (Go to post)16-12-2011 @ 22:57 
Post Edited: 16.12.2011 @ 22:59 PM by ystradboy79
Big_Gray said:ipod with tunes on that i love is helping me hugely, i walk up to big weights smiling feeling good allmost singing to myself, not even thinking bout the weight and just lift it

Perfect example of this , when "gimme the prize" breaks chris justs lifts! Bang! No thinking just straight at it, no fussing and job done ,Im gonna have to get some tips of mr Jenkins cos Im guilty of standing over the bar for an age and talking myself out of pbs on a regular basis Confused
» Am I a Dick? (Go to post)15-12-2011 @ 09:22 
Unless your actually a longjumper yourself or have experience of training for the sport then I think you have to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he knows what hes doing. Ive just started practising yoke pick ups by loading a smith machine with 300k + ( a weight I cant yet full squat) and performing what at best could be called a quarter squat , this is after ive already done full squats in the power rack ( different room ) Whilst a few people have asked what Im doing nobody has taken the piss and I wouldnt expect them to , each to their own Cool

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions