REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 184 guests
You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ystradboy79

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» Brandon Lilly (Go to post)27-01-2014 @ 21:33 
JC said:
Na Neil is right...blew both knees pressing the log at Arnold Amateurs about 3-4 years ago

Dont know why I thought it was from squatting , remember reading his journal when I first came on Sugdens and thinking then it was from walking out with a heavy squat. All this lifting is obviously taking its toll on my brain cells Confused
» Brandon Lilly (Go to post)27-01-2014 @ 17:13 
Thing said:Didnt Andy Cairney do somehing similar of Log press at the Arnolds Amature comp?

Sure Andy did it walking a squat out , could be wrong mind.
» Brandon Lilly (Go to post)27-01-2014 @ 12:23 
Not going to watch the vid purely because I dont want that in my head next squat session but that sounds horrendous , hope he heals as quickly as possible Unhappy
» 180kg log attempt and KNEE LIGAMENT GOING POP! (Go to post)24-01-2014 @ 13:19 
They just took me in up to my waist and it felt claustrophobic as fook , wouldnt like to be squeezed all the way in even if I did fit.
» 180kg log attempt and KNEE LIGAMENT GOING POP! (Go to post)24-01-2014 @ 10:15 
Sorry to hear that mate , I did pretty much the same in last years Welsh open , dipped to get some leg drive on the log and felt my knee pop , had been suffering with tendonitis leading up to the comp and holding back in training , went for it on the day and regretted it straight away lol

I ended up with a 7mm tear in the patellar tendon which turned out to be the best I could have hoped for as it goes , leading up to the MRI I was convinced surgery was on the cards but ended up with just 8 weeks total rest ( from leg training ) and just about back to full strength now , 6 months since tear but 4 months since MRI and starting the 8 week rest so just 8 weeks back training legs really, hopefully you will have a similar outcome , fingers crossed for you.
» First session back training equipped (Go to post)23-01-2014 @ 15:23 
Both reps I thought they were gonna be slow grinders and then BOOM powered it up , awesome job!
» Misha's facebook (Go to post)23-01-2014 @ 11:08 
Not sure if this will work unless your friends with him but guessing this is the one - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=624139730957136&set=a.6...
» Smith Machines (Go to post)20-01-2014 @ 23:03 
Used to like squatting in the smith whilst recovering from my disc prolapse , you can place your feet really far forward and take the back element right out of it so hitting the quads more directly , obviously no substitute for squats but if your carrying a back injury it is a good ..............substitute for squats Tongue

To get over the gayness of using it I used to imagine I was on the squat frame at worlds , worked for me Happy
» Paul Savage training 2014 (Go to post)12-01-2014 @ 11:22 
PaulSavage said:Just weighed in - 115 odd starkers after training. What you guys reckon i should do?? Weights are flying so well right now i don't want change that but if i could make weight for qualifiers i think i have proper chance at winning englands . No log, deadlift is pretty doable, squat is only 200 and the rest are moving events + it's day before weigh in.

Am i gonna have to try for it?

Paul , try to take this as its meant but your doing yourself no favours by constantly changing your mind with regards to weight categories , you seem to be thinking that one category will be easier than the others so if you can just squeeze into it either by putting on or losing weight that you will have an easier ride. I train with opens 105s and 90s and there is no difference in the effort and work rate they all put in!

If your sitting at a comfortable 115k right now and dont fancy opens surely you should be looking at 105s rather than 90s anyway? Just make your mind up and stick to a plan mate.
» Gaints Live Wales 2014 - Official Welsh Qualifier for British Open Champs (Go to post)09-01-2014 @ 11:43 
Post Edited: 09.01.2014 @ 12:01 PM by ystradboy79
Im sure he did last years so cant see why it would be any different.

Yeah just checked and he finished 2nd last year.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)08-01-2014 @ 15:16 
JC said:
If Col Austin is assaulted, poleece wont to have to look far for evidence of "who done it" Grin

My money is on Wayne getting in there first and Zercher slamming the fook out of him now that hes got a scapegoat Grin
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 18:21 
Looks like we are having a Welsh qualifier for this in late Feb , short notice obviously to organise but doable so cant see why its not the same for rest of home nations?
» Comebacks (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 10:09 
martinb said:
I could be wrong but I think he did a few comps last year and faired rather poorly

Thats a shame , loved his WR stone run few years back , didnt he knock strongman on the head to start boxing or am I imagining that?
» Comebacks (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 09:50 
There was talk of Arild Haugen coming back last year , would be good to see him back at worlds.
» Stones, how do you hold yours? (Go to post)04-01-2014 @ 11:52 
I like to use tape in training and bare arm in comp , saves your arms from getting ruined or picking up skin infections from regular training but means theres no worries about tape ripping in a comp run which can effectively end your stone run.

I always wear a T shirt but I do use a belt for stones , know a lot of boys who go beltless have issues with their T shirt getting stuck to the stones so go bare chested to avoid this, trial and error and see what suits you best Happy

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions