REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 299 guests
You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ystradboy79

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» world's strongest man (Go to post)01-01-2014 @ 14:55 
Were the handles knurled? We had a 320k smooth handled frame carry in this years Welsh as the second part of the medley , think I dropped it and picked it back up 3 times with no damage and pretty sure nobody else tore callouses , obviously having smooth handles means you have to use slightly lighter weights but if it saves competitors tearing hands open it has to be better.
» Tendonitis.... (achilles tendon) (Go to post)31-12-2013 @ 16:54 
According to my physio the best treatment for achilles and pattelar tendons is to overload them , due to the restricted blood flow compared with other tendons they dont respond well to just rest so need to be loaded up to around 80 percent of 1rm ,feels counter intuitive to be lifting heavy when theres so much pain but since doing this I only get pain when I train rather than when im doing day to day stuff like going up and down stairs or driving , also uses direct stimulation on my pattelar tendon which involves him pressing 2 fingers firmly into the tendon and moving back and forth till it goes numb , not very pleasant but does help , after each session of overloading I perform eccentric stretching and ice till numb ( 20-30 mins) Happy
» Deadlifting help please? - warning, very long post. (Go to post)30-12-2013 @ 14:01 
Have you tried wearing your belt lower? Still shouldnt be rounding out like you do but at least it will offer some protection to your lower lumbar area whilst you work on your form.

With regards to the rounding , do you do much in the way of direct core work? Im guessing not as you seem to be folding very easily , you dont seem to be tightening your core at all as you pull and just going with it rather than fighting to keep your back straight.
» World's Strongest Hand's (Go to post)28-12-2013 @ 11:59 
PaulSavage said:When I said I probably won't get through I meant to England's, not to UK's, I'd give myself almost no chance of that and a slim chance of getting to England's. Slim chance because if the other 3 events are all good for me, that's 4 good events and I do have a couple cycles to do till then. However, if it's like previous years and you have to lift the deadlift and Viking press to score it may make no odds as deadlift is hard enough as worsed position for me and if the Viking press is 160kg as in the same as push pressing 160kg on a bar then I don't think I have any chance at all.

I fully realise how high the standard is and what graft goes in.

"almost no chance" Grin The only chance you have of going to Belfast is if Glenn Ross decides to carpet the power stairs and needs help lifting the roll from the van , your cool lifting one side yeah? - You seem to be placing a lot of faith in these cycles , all they will do is give an edge to an already sharp blade , they wont turn a butter knife into a chainsaw!
» Weights (Go to post)27-12-2013 @ 13:26 
shortandmighty said:
ystradboy79 said:
Dont get me wrong its good to see events being tested beforehand but ive spent 3 months training with a turkey for no reason now , seems the same people as usual had an early heads up with regards to the goose :rolf
Does it make that much difference!! Its still a bird with a head, 2 legs and 2 wings. The technique is still the same whether its turkey goose or even ostrich for that matter. Theres just no pleasing some folk

Now we,re talking , ostrich would seperate the men from the boys , just had a check now and Rod Hull has the british record with an emu , be good to see someone on here taking that.
» Weights (Go to post)27-12-2013 @ 12:10 
shortandmighty said:
It was discovered through a series of completely unscientific tests that a goose was better suited to the job on the grounds of a goose is much cooler than Bernard Mathews finest.

Dont get me wrong its good to see events being tested beforehand but ive spent 3 months training with a turkey for no reason now , seems the same people as usual had an early heads up with regards to the goose Roll-Eyes
» Weights (Go to post)27-12-2013 @ 11:53 
So all that talk of using a turkey to mark the festive period was just that TALK! Angry - This comp gets more shambolic every year!!
» World's Strongest Hand's (Go to post)23-12-2013 @ 12:22 
PaulSavage said:
Thanks. Where you getting this info? Facebook??

All qually dates are printed inside the front cover of muscle and fitness , its where all the real strength athletes hang out Cool
» World's Strongest Hand's (Go to post)22-12-2013 @ 21:44 
Paul , considering your profession I really do think you should be careful what you post on here regarding "supplement" use - the last thing you need at xmas is the rug squad knocking your door down Grin
» Back at it. 150 power clean (Go to post)22-12-2013 @ 13:36 
Ive got nothing to say regarding form as its not really my place but from a pure strength point of view that power clean was awesome , exploded of the floor fairplay mate Happy
» under the tree (Go to post)22-12-2013 @ 13:26 
Thats got to be at least a 150 litre fuel tank on each side as well Eek
» under the tree (Go to post)22-12-2013 @ 13:05 
I should think this is disgusting but I cant help wanting it , no good for popping down the shop but be a nice way to travel distance in Happy
» Advice on running a comp please (Go to post)17-12-2013 @ 23:26 
WILLSAN said:In addition, don't cock the scoring up. If you do happen to cock it up, make up a completely implausible lie about it, act like nothing happened and ignore anyone who mentions it....no actually don't do that, that would be silly.

This ^ also a good idea to anchor score sheets down with a messy tacky pot so they are not blown away by unseasonally high winds , gives you 2 perfectly reasonable reasons for not producing score sheets after comp Tongue
» help - where can i buy this old school hand grip machine - plate loaded? (Go to post)14-12-2013 @ 23:15 
http://www.celticstrength.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/celtic.strength.1?fref=ts do one of these , not sure of the price mind but cracking bit of kit.
» World's Strongest Hand's (Go to post)12-12-2013 @ 11:47 
PaulSavage said:
Bulking again now. 90's was too unorganized for me to do as date was never announced and work holidays fully booked for Jan-Feb. Decided to gear up an try get massive instead - worked for ed hall.

Roll-Eyes What worked for Ed Hall?

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumystradboy79 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions