Who's Online - 0 members and 264 guests
You are here: HomeForumdazzachap → View All Posts

View All Posts: dazzachap

12345678910 ... ... 1819202122232425262728

» 900kg and 1000kg Raw totals in Britain (Go to post)03-12-2018 @ 15:12 
Need to bring in goal line technology Happy

And never thought id see Tom out squatting his deadlift in a comp
» Thor doing a full powerlifting meet (Go to post)20-11-2018 @ 11:25 
I believe Kirill is doing the same comp? not sure if full meet or just bench tho? That would be a nice head to head.....
» What was the last thing... (Go to post)19-11-2018 @ 14:58 
It appears we are all going to get a wee bit weaker as a Kilogram is redefined

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46143399
» An Onshore & Offshore Training Log (Go to post)10-11-2018 @ 20:21 
Post Edited: 10.11.2018 @ 20:22 PM by dazzachap
Nice to see your keeping on keeping on.

You should nip down to Ian and bang out a cheeky 6 miler on his new treadmill, I might even come and watch that Tongue
» 265kg deadlift PB (Go to post)07-11-2018 @ 16:15 
Jedi

I will visit your log with interest,

We are pretty much the same age, weight, and with similar numbers.
» Konstantin Konstantinovs dead. (Go to post)29-10-2018 @ 10:03 
Sad news indeed. And a great loss to the sport of PL and strength sports in general.

Kirill did a couple of interviews with him which are worth a watch if you hadn't seen. He was always very open and frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Fb42A_abo

But Regardless of cause, lifestyle choices have a price and the ferryman will always need his coin.
» Getting old.... (Go to post)26-10-2018 @ 17:03 
Fatpete said:
Exactly. I have four decades of experiencing the effects of ageing on lifting. It's very kind of a 19 year old to tell me I'm wrong. Ah well such is life -
"The older I get the more I recall, how little I knew when I knew it all"
So true, so very true

Lol, I remember that quote from yourself from years ago, apologies but have used it a few times since.
from first lifting weights as a pre teen with my dad, through my teens, 20's, 30's 40's and now 50's.
Sport has and still is good to me, and im lucky that all things considered im in pretty good health. I also am well into my 4th decade of training and either through good luck, stubborness or stupidity have never in all that time taken a break . or been badly injured enough to have had a break forced upon me.
This has also I believe, afforded me a pretty comprehensive Log, some written down over the years but mostly mentally filed away of my progress over the years, from what worked (everything in the early years) to what didn't. The dead ends and just about every training program known to man. to my maxes, the plateaus years when I had to constantly re adjust my training to allow for the changes in recovery times, and gradual decline, and it is only very gradual I may add, but def measurable year to year.

So when the grumpy old bloke in the corner of the gym kindly thanks you for your advice and them rejects it out of hand, he may not be being disrespectful, he's just figured out what his body will let him get away with that wk. the wk after tho, may be a different story, and a wee sprinkling of youthful enthusiasm may be just what the old bones need but that's how it seems to roll, this age thing.
» Getting old.... (Go to post)23-10-2018 @ 22:38 
Post Edited: 23.10.2018 @ 22:41 PM by dazzachap
Fatpete said:
Never!

Spoken like a gentleman.
Of course we keep going but it does get more difficult. It amuses me when people in their twenties tell me that "age is just a number" and saddens me when I realize that I'll be dead when they find out just how wrong they were.
Happy

Very true. I recently had a 19 yr old university power lifter tell me my squats would improve if I upped it to 3 times a week, I could only sigh if only, smile and thank her for her advice. I wondered if I would still be around by the time she got to my age of 51
» Interesting Encounters As A Bodyguard or Minder or Close Protection ? (Go to post)25-09-2018 @ 15:56 
cowie said:Club I used to work in, was giving a tidy blond a good seeing to one Saturday night (was going to make her my regular squeeze).
Anyhoo some little cnut called Dalton burst in on us, I said "I was on my break" and he said "stay on it" and I never worked there again.

Aye but she had entirely too many brain cells to have had an ass like that.
» Snatch technique nailed (Go to post)11-09-2018 @ 12:07 
Ader said:Not me unfortunately, some 6 year old kid ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt61NHhoefo

Wonder if this kid still lifting, be about 12- 13 now!?
» 285 Squat 280 Deadlift (Go to post)28-08-2018 @ 15:59 
Nice vids, looks a great atmosphere to train in.

That could be an SBD knee wrap promotion :-)
» WPC Europeans France (Go to post)26-06-2018 @ 12:51 
Cheers Adam
» WPC Europeans France (Go to post)26-06-2018 @ 11:42 
Anyone know if there's a live link to this?
» 260kg deadlift PB (Go to post)08-05-2018 @ 10:46 
Well done

A 260 pull at 50 at 93bw is pretty fekin good,

Its a pain not being able to train you way you would like to or as consistently as you would like, but progress still can be made in your fifties. Less is more.

Keep on keeping on.
» Underwater Farmers (Go to post)02-05-2018 @ 13:38 
Archimedes principal explained

It will be lighter relative to the weight of water it displaces

https://www.britannica.com/science/Archimedes-principle

12345678910 ... ... 1819202122232425262728

You are here: HomeForumdazzachap → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions