REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 137 guests
You are here: HomeForumdazzachap → View All Posts

View All Posts: dazzachap

12345678910 ... ... 1819202122232425262728

» 2015 World Weightlifting Champs - Houston.. (Go to post)23-12-2015 @ 15:13 
Taken from floelite,

A few Azeris in there.

World Record holder Kim Un Guk (M62kg) of North Korea has tested positive for letrozole, a non-steroidal breast cancer treatment drug that is sometimes used to treat gynocomastia in people who use anabolic steroids. Guk finished in 2nd overall at the 2015 World Weightlifting Championships with a gold medal performance in the snatch and a silver medal finish in the clean & jerk and was the gold medalist at the 2012 Olympics.

Here's the full list of disclosures the IWF has made so far:

•Valentin Hristov (M62kg, Azerbaijan)
◦Tested positive for anabolic steroid nandrolone. Hristov also tested positive for an anabolic steroid at the 2013 World Championships and just finished his 2 year ban in April of this year. He finished in 3rd place at this year's World Championships.

•Elkhan Aligulizada (M77kg, Azerbaijan) ◦Tested positive for anabolic steroid nandrolone. Aligulizada set a Junior Clean & Jerk World Record at the 2015 World Championships with a 203kg/448lb lift.

•Ghenadie Dudoglo (M62kg, Moldova) ◦Tested positive for anabolic steroid turinabol. Dudoglo finished 31st at Worlds.

•Silviya Angelova (W48kg, Azerbaijan) ◦Tested positive for anabolic steroids nandrolone and turinabol. Angelova finished 34th at this year's Worlds.

•Umurbek Bazarbayev (M62kg, Turkmenistan) ◦Tested positive for an androgen called mesterolone. Bazarbayev finished 16th at Worlds.

•Mansour Abdulrahim M Al Saleem (M56kg, Saudi Arabia) ◦Tested positive for a growth hormone called ibutamoren. Al Saleem finished 6th at this year's Worlds.

Three athletes from the same country testing positive for the same anabolic steroid raises some red flags and I wouldn't be surprised if there is more news regarding doping scandals from Azerbaijan in the news over the next couple weeks. When multiple athletes from one country test positive, especially when they test positive for the same substance, the IWF and WADA tend to actively investigate the entire team whether or not the other team members came up on the random in competition or out of competition testing selection protocols.

Furthermore, these test results only include sessions from the first half of the competition so we will certainly see even more doping news in the next couple weeks as the tests from the later sessions are processed.
» Ermm here goes (Go to post)23-12-2015 @ 09:42 
that's a healthy weight for a power clean, well done.
» New year, new goals, new ideas. (Go to post)22-12-2015 @ 10:08 
Had to brush the cobwebs off this log.

Anyway old dog new tricks and all that, after my enjoyable foray into powerlifting which I will continue, Im going to add to my bucket list and hopefully do a weightlifting comp next yr.

My nemesis Snatch, after quite a few failed attempts over the years, ive finally managed to stretch myself into a half descent position where I can receive the bar in the bottom position,although far from perfect its workable and as I up my reps range and weights it will hopefully become more and more if not natural at least halfway comfortable.

a lot of shoulder stretching, and hip mobility required to even find position,

Over head squats with bar x many,
Snatch, reps x sets x w
5 x 3 x 40, 5 x 2 x 50, 5 x 2 x 60, 5 x 1 x 65, 5 x 1 x 70,

Front squats, 3 x 100, 2 x 120, 2 x 130, 2 x 140, 1 x 150, 3 x 155.
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)18-12-2015 @ 10:55 
remco51092 said:
Thanks Grin
I will try to log more often again, busy with work as well. So then i train after and fall asleep haha.
But yeah my explosive power is best power i have. Also my behind the neck jerks are quite high.

I've trained with a few national and international throwers in the past and was always amazed how quickly they could move sub maximal weights. Close to 18 M is a great putt BTW.
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)18-12-2015 @ 10:24 
Good stuff, great power.

Nice to see a power athlete logging here, keep it up. Your hang PC to deadlift ratio at 70% is pretty damned good.
» An Onshore & Offshore Training Log (Go to post)17-12-2015 @ 11:07 
cowie said:14/12/15 Mastrick Gym, Aberdeen

Deadlift
2 x 10 @ 60kg
2 x 5 @ 100kg
1 x 3 @ 140kg
1 x 2 @ 170kg felt a strain on upper left tri so decided to bail out for safety's sake

2 1/2" Deficit Deadlift
3 x 5 @ 100kg

Strict Press from rack
1 x 5 @ 60kg
2 x 5 @ 65kg
3 x 5 @ 67.5kg

Seated DB Press
Curls
Core

Crap Session!

A crap session is when your sitting on your arse watching reality tv when you were supposed to be at the gym.

When you off to the big blue yonder?
» Strength, power and vanity log.... (Go to post)17-12-2015 @ 11:03 
Good stuff Ben, not sure if i'm more impressed with your 300 beltless deadlift last wk-end or the fact you can get to the gym at 5am to train. Might try and get the odd session in at Results soon.
» Clarence Kennedy Interview (Go to post)17-12-2015 @ 10:59 
Good read and nice frank interview about training frequency, injuries. Would love to see him do well on a big stage, if he ever gets back to full fitness and has the desire.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/clarence-kennedy-interview-2015/#m...
» Myprotein Flavour review thread (Go to post)16-12-2015 @ 18:30 
2 scoops unflavoured, into the blender with 1/3rd OJ 2/3 water and a descent amount of frozen summer berries , not the red berries. Well worth the electricity.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)04-12-2015 @ 09:15 
The best who never was.
Interesting watch if your into athletic history, and most people have never heard of him.

10 yrs before Alan Wells there was George McNeill, Alas because he had played football for Hibernian and because of the Professional rulings at the time he was never allowed to run in the Olympic or Commonwealths, Although I believe the only time he ever raced an Olympic gold medallist Tommie Smith, (of the famous black power salute from the 68 games) he won.

George is a great public speaker these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=GjYlwCZPiY4&app=desk...
» 260 x 3 beltless deadlift PB (Go to post)03-12-2015 @ 15:54 
Good stuff Marc Strong across the board, you going to hit the platform next yr?
» Log PB: 150kg x 2 (Clean Both Reps) (Go to post)03-12-2015 @ 15:53 
Nice lifting,

The efficiency of your log clean is just about the best ive seen.
» WSM U90kg and U105kg (Go to post)01-12-2015 @ 21:06 
Boar said:Its the regulars not posting anymore that competed in the u90 comps 'back in the day' ...even the dragons threads started taking HITZ

I know rob did really well but im always wondering how james would have done ...hope he is ok.

Just edited my post regarding James, heard he was injured for a while, truly gifted athlete,

Enjoyed my short foray with strongman but without the few individuals to keep driving it forward it seems to have tailed off. Most of the big personalities on here and there were quite a few seem to have moved on in their lives, or just got tired of posting!?
» WSM U90kg and U105kg (Go to post)01-12-2015 @ 20:44 
Post Edited: 01.12.2015 @ 20:58 PM by dazzachap
Thanks for update.
Amazing how sugden dynamic has changed, few years back this thread would have been 20 pages long with pre and post comp discussions.
Has Strongman in the lower weight classes lost its appeal.? Or was it more a case of all the promoters willing to put the graft in got sick of all the winging?
Well done to Ben and Rob. Great results.
whatever happened to James Ward.? A great talent. And dominant in his weight class.
» Why does the U.S.A. (Go to post)24-11-2015 @ 12:27 
ChrisMcCarthy said:For a while I thought Hamman was a lock to snatch 200kg, and I still don't know if I haver seen a more "impressive" squat than his 457.5.

Curiosity got the better of me so had to go look it up......but Might have to agree with you there..

http://www.allthingsgym.com/shane-hamman-world-record-squat/

12345678910 ... ... 1819202122232425262728

You are here: HomeForumdazzachap → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions