REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 98 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

training journal 2009

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123456

nathanIcon...27-03-2009 @ 21:00 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
Post Edited: 27.03.2009 @ 21:05 PM by nathan
27/3/09
felt very tired today dont usually train fridays but missed monday so though id give it a go

did some light push press etc to warm up

savickes press (bar ajust above nose)

60 6 reps
80 6 reps
100 3 reps
120 1 rep
120 1 rep
120 1rep
130 fail

seated dumbell shoulder press
40 kg 6 reps
50 kg 6 reps
60 kg 0 rep lost my line should have done 55 kg

incline close grip
60kg 6 reps
100 kg 6 reps
120 kg 3 reps

all types of tricep stuff

core work

abs 3 sets
twisted abs 3 sets

then fat matt griff wanted chin up competition.bearing in mind im nearly 24 and a half stone and matts... well f**k knows. but hey ho i did 3 f**king proud of myself.

gonna start the 3 rep motion next week. for 2-3 weeks then pbs hear i come
fatter_tomorrowIcon...27-03-2009 @ 23:13 
thinner after lockdown
Member 594, 4107 posts
SQ 100, BP 80, DL 100
280.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
nathan said:
did some light push press etc to warm up


wasnt light to me!! lol nice meeting you tonight nathan (im the short fat kid btw lol)
bhamstaffIcon...28-03-2009 @ 00:37 
Avatar
the best deadlifter, just smaller numbers
Member 469, 1131 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 320
800.0 kgs @ 116kgs UnEq
overhead looking good.
im joining next week. had a session there this week, silver dollar deadlift looks very nice!
nathanIcon...28-03-2009 @ 16:55 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
fatter_tomorrow said:
nathan said:
did some light push press etc to warm up


wasnt light to me!! lol nice meeting you tonight nathan (im the short fat kid btw lol)


mate for your age you got some good things ahead of you. just keep on training yuor push press technique was quality
nathanIcon...28-03-2009 @ 16:56 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
bhamstaff said:
overhead looking good.
im joining next week. had a session there this week, silver dollar deadlift looks very nice!


silver dollar is quality matt whats to set up a deadlifting comp for a laugh.. hopefully see you down there then bro
fatter_tomorrowIcon...28-03-2009 @ 17:25 
thinner after lockdown
Member 594, 4107 posts
SQ 100, BP 80, DL 100
280.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Post Edited: 28.03.2009 @ 17:53 PM by fatter_tomorrow
nathan said:
fatter_tomorrow said:
nathan said:
did some light push press etc to warm up


wasnt light to me!! lol nice meeting you tonight nathan (im the short fat kid btw lol)


mate for your age you got some good things ahead of you. just keep on training yuor push press technique was quality


thanks man, and im going to train my press more often, i hardly train it because benching hits my shoulders alot. what is the savickers press?
nathanIcon...28-03-2009 @ 21:32 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
fatter_tomorrow said:
nathan said:
fatter_tomorrow said:
nathan said:
did some light push press etc to warm up


wasnt light to me!! lol nice meeting you tonight nathan (im the short fat kid btw lol)


mate for your age you got some good things ahead of you. just keep on training yuor push press technique was quality


thanks man, and im going to train my press more often, i hardly train it because benching hits my shoulders alot. what is the savickers press?


its like a seated press/strict press but sitting on the floor. so it just uses pure shoulder power no legs or drive. be good for you to do
nathanIcon...30-03-2009 @ 19:54 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
30/3/09

deadlift fromm floor

60kg 6 reps
140kg 6 reps
220kg 6 reps
240kg 3 reps
280kg 3 reps
240kg 3 rep
220kg 3 reps

good mornings

60kg 6 reps
80kg 6 reps
100 kg 6 reps


bent over rows dumbell

80kg 6 reps
90kg 6 reps
90kg 6 reps


pull down wide grip

100 kg 6 reps
120 kg 6 reps
140 kg 6 reps

shrugs

200kg 6 reps
240kg 6 reps
300kg 6 reps

fly machine

100kg 6 sets of 6 reps
NamonsterIcon...24-12-2009 @ 21:49 
Avatar
always trolling for a reaction
Member 753, 1280 posts
So you haven't trained since March?
shauncleggIcon...05-01-2010 @ 01:14 
Avatar
The official olympic weightlifter of SB (juniors)
Member 495, 3531 posts
SQ 201, BP 137.5, DL 200
538.5 kgs @ 69kgs UnEq
nice work on the training mate.
nathanIcon...05-01-2010 @ 01:23 
Avatar
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
hahah na ive nto done nothing in the gym at all havent even stepped foot in it. ive been training in my head though at home on the couch


to be honest i havent got time to fill my journal out and i dont find it really helps me i keep a book in my gym bag and what counts for me is compettions.

people can lift big in the gyms but i believe its the competitons that count
VinnyfromCustardLandIcon...22-01-2010 @ 09:49 
Avatar
JEDWARD
Member 454, 980 posts
SQ 225, BP 170, DL 275
670.0 kgs @ 106kgs UnEq
nathan said:people can lift big in the gyms but i believe its the competitons that count


So true! Also you hear a lot of claims which are hardly ever backed up...

123456

© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto