Comments thread for: BPC British 2007 Report

RickIconBPC British 2007 Report15-08-2007 @ 13:37 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Post Edited: 15.08.2007 @ 14:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not strong, you can squat in kilos what I squat in lbs at 50kg lighter, all agreed. Still, on the one hand there's a positive writeup with a slight caveat at the end, and on the other there's post #1 calling the site owner an idiot. I've never seen you fly off the handle that way on pluk, quite the opposite in fact - one reason I've always had a lot of respect for you. I was surprised to realise that the "justin" in question was j. hurley, it seemed out of character.

*shrug* Some of us were discussing the other day how amazing it was to get almost a year into the site without any drama at all. In the end, we've fallen a fortnight short.
little_aIcon...15-08-2007 @ 14:54 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Was this the comp in Brighton? Just curious if I was right about the girlies on the beach?
Sounds like a good do
JustinIcon...15-08-2007 @ 15:07 
Member 129, 5 posts
Why I you even speaking to me.??? I want to speak with Rob.

Rob you were an idiot to give your personal opinions on another lifter, especially in a negative way, you don't even know him. I would never pass judgement and give my opinions about anyone unless I knew them. I always give constructive opinions and if I have nothing good to say, I say nothing.

Anyone, pointless argueing over it. I have said my bit.
AlexIcon...15-08-2007 @ 16:11 
Picca Boo
Member 16, 1204 posts
SQ 140, BP 130, DL 200
470.0 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Do you wipe this guy's arse as well as hideously over-react to what you think is criticism of him?

There's no need for what you said to Rick, your attitude stinks.
DavidIcon...15-08-2007 @ 17:13 
I ♥ Dr. Gillian McKeith
Member 17, 742 posts
SQ 0, BP 180, DL 0
180.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
...LOL
JustinIcon...15-08-2007 @ 20:06 
Member 129, 5 posts
Alex don't get ahead of yourself now son. I know you feel protected behind the keyboard.
AlexIcon...15-08-2007 @ 20:16 
Picca Boo
Member 16, 1204 posts
SQ 140, BP 130, DL 200
470.0 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Justin...
Alex don't get ahead of yourself now son. I know you feel protected behind the keyboard.

Protected from what? How did I know you would respond in that kind of way Embarassed
HaydenIcon...15-08-2007 @ 20:44 
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
I think thats enough from both sides. Everything has been said and there is no need for childish remarks. Leave it....
ThingIcon...15-08-2007 @ 21:35 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Originally posted by HVince...
I think thats enough from both sides. Everything has been said and there is no need for childish remarks. Leave it....

here here, were all in the same boat to get to the same goal STRONGER. and if anybody need help then then it is given, let just leave what has been said and move onward and upward to better things
crigcoombesIcon...16-08-2007 @ 17:00 
high squats = frequent bombs
Member 135, 1 posts
I thought that i would add my coments as some people feel that they can spout off about my abilities as a powerlifter without knowing the first thing about me.
Firstly i am not as you say ( a wild lifter ). The last 2 competitions that i competed in at world and european level i lifted 9 from 9 so that blows that out of the water.I have recently converted from single ply lifting to double so the comp was to try out new equipment for the first time and the numbers lifted represented what it took to get to depth or to touch.I am a relative novis to powerlifting and am only in my second year of lifting so am finding my feet with equipment.As previously stated i can only afford to do this because their was no other lifter to threaten me at the british.
I would like to offer some advice to the guys who have stuck their heads above the parapitt and jumped in on this b**ch fest.
I am avery busy man and very rarely have time to waste on the computer so i will leave you with abit of advice.
Try my formula - Spend less time on your computers and more time sleeping eating and busting your ass in the gym and you may one day get yourself to a level respectable enough to be able to comment on me, untill this time please keep your opinions to yourself.
Many thanks,

Craig Coombes. British Champion.....
RobIcon...16-08-2007 @ 18:08 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
I appreciate you posting Craig and elaborating on your attempts on the day - but I do think that as your profile rapidly increases, which it will given your strength - you have to accept that people are going to make comments or give opinions about you that you will disagree with.

I'm not saying what I or anybody else said was right; I was basing my judgement off one days lifting - you and Justin are obviously are far more clued up on your abilities and your style of lifting, plus on powerlifting in general. But this doesn't stop other people having a say.

Nobody here is trying to to take anything away from your performance - it was terrific; your lifts were all show-stoppers and I would have loved to see you crack 1000lbs at 100k in the squat. And I'm sure you will do it very soon.

Please take people discussing you as a compliment; much like people like to talk about the perfomance of, for example, Wayne Rooney at the pub - people here like to talk about their sport (powerlifting). Yes, none of us may be as qualified as you to give an opinion, but it's only that - we're just talking about lifting and hopefully writing articles about competitions will help to raise the profile of the sport; which I'm sure everybody is all for.

Again, I meant absolutely no disrespect with any of my comments - I think you are a brilliant lifter and enjoyed watching you at the British.
EDCLARKEIcon...16-08-2007 @ 20:08 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
very eloquently put Rob ,well done mate! probably time to put this very interesting thread to bed now that everyone has had they're say!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions