Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF

My Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

strengthathlete
Had a sports massage Yesterday afternoon, and it was extremely beneficial, really was decent, the therapist said to me that I was very tight all on the right side which didn't surprise me as that's were I get alot of the pain and tightness.

It's really helped my problems though and I'm feeling great I must admit.
strengthathlete
Post Edited: 03.09.2012 @ 21:38 PM by strengthathlete
Right,

Much to my amazement, not sure if it's good or not but can't hurt, I've crept up in weight again,

Weight: 91.7kg so just abit below the 93kg class.
Height: 1.87m 6ft 1-2.

BMI: 26.2,

What's surprising although BMI is weight divided by height I've put on weight yet my BMI has not changed drastically, which I assume I've put some muscle on, tried my singlet on tonight, as it's fecking tight around the legs compared to last time.Happy Happy

Got to now ensure I don't bloat over 93kg LOL.
Hi Matt, you asked me to look at your squat depth?

Well it's spot on! You'll have no problem with those.

PS, don't be tempted into cutting depth just because you have some room to spare (and you do btw) keep squatting like you do now and keep getting stronger! If you keep squatting as you are now, you will find there is minimal to be gained from squatting 'just in'.

Best of luck!
strengthathlete
Cheers for popping in Tom, Really appreciate it buddy. Yeah I always make a conscious effort to hit depth even on the ligher stuff, otherwise you get into the habbit of not hitting the depth.

I hope one day to pull 300kg and squat 250kg myself.
strengthathlete
Okay that is 100% it, just wanted to do last bench session. And very light stuff in gargage it's fastly harder in garage as bar is low to floor and weight close, So it's a deep deficit.

Bench:

1x10 on 25kg
1x5 on 35kg
1x5 on 35kg
1x5 on 50kg
1x5 on 60kg
1x2 on 70kg
1x3 paused on 82.5kg PB massive in garage most I've done, that's a promising sign without a doubt, as I can do signifcantly more on a proper bar and bench Vid below

1x3 on 82.5kg vid below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucgBLa4prOE&feature=youtu.b...

Incline Bench:
1x6 on 50kg
1x6 on 50kg

Skull Crushers:
2x15 on 12kg

3x12 on 12kg on curls.

Speed Deficit deadlifts:

1x5 on 50kg
1x5 on 70kg
1x5 on 85kg
1x5 on 100kg
1x5 on 110kg Very fast very very promsing. Punching the hips forward fast lockout, and great off floor as always very controlled all way through.

Good luck at the British, I'll be following this log
strengthathlete
Thanks Matt, Do you think those pauses were long enough on Bench?
I think maybe a touch longer. You should know though as you've already competed in GBPF to qualify, though maybe they are a little more strict at british level (though theoretically it should be the same regardless of comp level), I don't know personally.
IrishMarc
Pauses where good for training there isn't an arbitrary length you will get held for it depends on the ref really. To the letter of the law it's till the bar has come to a complete stop.

Open on a weight you can smash comfortably and follow the commands to the letter and go from there.
strengthathlete
Post Edited: 04.09.2012 @ 14:06 PM by strengthathlete
Cheers Guys yeah I could smash that weight if I was toxicated with alcohol, tried my smelling salts today got abit close to it and nearly got a high from it, they're awesome certainly clear your senses NO doubt of that.

Yeah Squat I am doing a warm up 130 opener can triple 135. So that should be fine. Then 140 second if I get that then see from there. THe total I've got under my name I've all done in gym so I hope for that and more when totally fresh as I tend to overtrain. haha

Whatever the situation I will fecking smash it and put 100% into it. Trained hard for this.

Guys what do you think, I've been advised by someone experienced PLer and that, to do the Russian Squat routine after my comp, drop floor deads and do bench obviously. I think it is an idea try get to a 170 Squat or 180 raw, in the 13 week SQUAT cycle, Then in theory your floor dead should zoom up to. I guess could just focus on rows cleans and racks!Happy

Any views seriously welcome.
strengthathlete
Hi all,

just thought I'd mention that it's coming closer and closer, and the nerves are really kicking into my system now, Not sure why I am nervous, I guess it's my first big PL event, and I have high expectations in it! As I've not missed a training day and whatever has come in front of me I have battled passed it.

Eating alot of protein atm, eggs, lots of fibre etc etc, will weigh myself tomorrow, Going to go for a long walk later today to clear my mind.Happy Happy
ItsaSecret
fix ur breathing on bench, u breathed out as the bar touched ur chest on 3rd rep, u wanna hold it throughout the whole rep, creates tension/stability.
good luck tomorrow, set some good pb's and have a good showing.
strengthathlete
Cheers Josh,

Good to see you on here buddy thanks, Yeah I'm up for it big time mate. Going to smash it mate.
Good luck mate - see you tomorrow Happy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF
Return to top View Desktop Site