REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 295 guests

dealing with the headfuck of losing BW.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

RobboIcon...21-05-2012 @ 10:41 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
JC said:
Until my season "off" I used to think that PEDs (and Tren in particular) had a HUGE effect on my temper....I think it was an easy avenue of blame for both me/my Mrs when I would lose my rag and do some stupid things
Now, I'm not at all sure thats the case. I think I'm just a bad tempered t**t, and thats the way I am. I think the PEDs might exasperate this personality trait a little, but my experiences have told me that you are what you are, and PEDs or no PEDs, behavior will be pretty much the same

I too have a short fuse and am bad tempered. But, I seem to be a lot worse nowadays with the use of ped's on top. I am not to blame anything in particular and have never and will never, be one of those guys who points his finger at peds or use them as an excuse but when 'off' i dont snap as much, dont have the mood swings and generally dont bite back as much. I just feel calmer in myself. This is not just with home life, but also at work too. This has only been the problem since using them for a prolonged period of time.

The issues raised by Boar, Pagan and myself, about a long comp season, are a serious issue to me and having athletes 'on' for so long can only result in an increased risk to any already realted side efeects.
RobboIcon...21-05-2012 @ 10:55 
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Also, there is absolutely no way in hell, that the majority of guys who do 'use' all the way through comp season are comfortable doing so. I dont think either, that most can say they do not worry about what the possible side effects are on themselves. If they dont, good for them, but I think a lot are being dishonest with themselves if they say they dont.
bryceIcon...21-05-2012 @ 10:59 
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Shame to see you leave robbo but it seems the right decision for you (putting your lad in nursery so you cant train is mad!). You were the guy that got me into strongman so thanks for that Grin

And you still havent sent me your cv, do it!
martinbIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:00 
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Robbo said:Also, there is absolutely no way in hell, that the majority of guys who do 'use' all the way through comp season are comfortable doing so. I dont think either, that most can say they do not worry about what the possible side effects are on themselves. If they dont, good for them, but I think a lot are being dishonest with themselves if they say they dont.

This is one of my main points about the consistently heavy comps, that only seem to test limit strength all the time, IMO they force people to make decisions they aren't(or shouldn't) be comfortable with about use
JCIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:08 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:
I too have a short fuse and am bad tempered. But, I seem to be a lot worse nowadays with the use of ped's on top. I am not to blame anything in particular and have never and will never, be one of those guys who points his finger at peds or use them as an excuse but when 'off' i dont snap as much, dont have the mood swings and generally dont bite back as much. I just feel calmer in myself. This is not just with home life, but also at work too. This has only been the problem since using them for a prolonged period of time.
The issues raised by Boar, Pagan and myself, about a long comp season, are a serious issue to me and having athletes 'on' for so long can only result in an increased risk to any already realted side efeects.

I didnt mean to direct my post at you mate...was just my general thoughts on the matter

BSM is July (105)...the Northern qualifier was April

If you start 10 weeks before, you only need be on for 6 months of the year...which isn't horrendous IMO

Either way, I dont think the season can be any shorter TBH...we had 6-8 wks prep for ESM from the qualifier (ideal amount of time)...and then 6-7 weeks from ESM to BSM (again an ideal amount of time to get contest ready)
grantyIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:09 
hernia returning due to hobby of patient
Member 1306, 1907 posts
SQ 270, BP 202.5, DL 340
812.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.05.2012 @ 11:11 AM by granty
JC said:
Until my season "off" I used to think that PEDs (and Tren in particular) had a HUGE effect on my temper....I think it was an easy avenue of blame for both me/my Mrs when I would lose my rag and do some stupid things
Now, I'm not at all sure thats the case. I think I'm just a bad tempered t**t, and thats the way I am. I think the PEDs might exasperate this personality trait a little, but my experiences have told me that you are what you are, and PEDs or no PEDs, behavior will be pretty much the same

Personally I think they actually have a positive effect on my attitude and temper. I've never been an agressive person to begin with, but i always feel happier when on rather than off. I think if you have a short fuse to begin with then start using PEDS the idea that a possible side effect can be more agression can inturn actually subconsiously make you that way, and kind off give you an excuse.

Losing weight is a Head f**k, but if theres a valid reason for doing it or you lose the fire so to speak then i guess thats what you have to focus on. Theres certainly no better reason than family. your family will be here in 20 years, wheras unless your a WSM finaslist no one will care about past lifting accolades.
JamieGIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:10 
Tom's CNS is better than steroids
Member 2886, 2973 posts
SQ 190, BP 122.5, DL 210
522.5 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Good read this. Provides some insight for me as a newbie
RobboIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:15 
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.05.2012 @ 11:19 AM by Robbo
JC said:
I didnt mean to direct my post at you mate...was just my general thoughts on the matter
BSM is July (105)...the Northern qualifier was April
If you start 10 weeks before, you only need be on for 6 months of the year...which isn't horrendous IMO
Either way, I dont think the season can be any shorter TBH...we had 6-8 wks prep for ESM from the qualifier (ideal amount of time)...and then 6-7 weeks from ESM to BSM (again an ideal amount of time to get contest ready)

Uks is end of august which is the final comp of the year and most strive for that one due to the possibility for international competition. Northerns was 14th Apr. thats nearly 7 months if you start 10 weeks before like you mention. If you were to do the CoC comp it would be even longer. A comp that i WOULD have done if it were not for the wedding.

Edit - the CoC comp was getting done by me until the wedding took hold too much, and i adjusted my cycle to accomodate that which f**ked up my 'off' time. So in reality, I was 'on' from the beginning of January and if i went to uks then that would be 8 months
Darrenmac1988Icon...21-05-2012 @ 11:20 
Your living your dream buddy, never forget that!
Member 1873, 923 posts
SQ 260, BP 165, DL 335
760.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
martinb said:
This is one of my main points about the consistently heavy comps, that only seem to test limit strength all the time, IMO they force people to make decisions they aren't(or shouldn't) be comfortable with about use

Have to agree with this. As the weights at comps get heavier and heavier (just look at the increase in the last 10 years) we are placing an ever increasing pressure on guys competing. I think this counts at all levels not just open elites. With the demand and length on the comp session it may start to force guys to stay 'on' longer and longer. From PED use to PED abuse.
JCIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:26 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:
Uks is end of august which is the final comp of the year and most strive for that one due to the possibility for international competition. Northerns was 14th Apr. thats nearly 7 months if you start 10 weeks before like you mention. If you were to do the CoC comp it would be even longer. A comp that i WOULD have done if it were not for the wedding.
Edit - the CoC comp was getting done by me until the wedding took hold too much, and i adjusted my cycle to accomodate that which f**ked up my 'off' time. So in reality, I was 'on' from the beginning of January and if i went to uks then that would be 8 months

Honest question...do you come off for the full 4-5 months were you dont need to be "on" though? I'd be suprised if you (and most) do TBH...no-one I know did (including myself) certainly!

If the answer is no, then you cant really blam the length of the comp season IMO

*Just a side note, I wouldn't want the comp season to be any shorter...I love competing and I think March-October of lots of comps is f**king awesome Grin
chaosIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:28 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Good luck with whatever you decide to do robbo, yer a top bloke!
MrSmallIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:28 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Bunch of crack addicts up in this forum!
JCIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:30 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:Bunch of crack addicts up in this forum!

You're on more pharma grade Turkish good stuff than the whole of the forum put together mate!
RobboIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:37 
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
JC said:
Honest question...do you come off for the full 4-5 months were you dont need to be "on" though? I'd be suprised if you (and most) do TBH...no-one I know did (including myself) certainly!
If the answer is no, then you cant really blam the length of the comp season IMO
*Just a side note, I wouldn't want the comp season to be any shorter...I love competing and I think March-October of lots of comps is f**king awesome Grin

2010, yes i did come off for the duration of the 'off' season

2011, I did after the junction comp until i needed to go back on early. I didnt need to do the junction comp or need to be on so that on my part was a bad move if i wanted to be off for longer.

I also enjoy all the comps and the length of the season in many ways, but as my mindset is that of wanting to win every comp, that results in me being 'on' an awful lot. Thats MY decision and I dont have to do comps 'on' if i dont want, but when faced with the two options, my determination to be the best always influences my decision and the option of staying on to be the best always prevails.

Also, a 6-8 month cycle is still too long whichever way you look at it. You cant pass it off as 'not been too horrendous'.

Anyway, its just got the point where I just cant be arsed with it!!! Not saying taking peds WILL do this or DOES do this, just prolonged use is getting on my f**king nerves!
JCIcon...21-05-2012 @ 11:40 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:
Also, a 6-8 month cycle is still too long whichever way you look at it.

Aye...different strokes for different folks and all that. If I didnt compete, I'd probably still do the above TBH

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions