Dave Meer 148kg axle - 11 reps.

ursusIcon...28-04-2012 @ 18:10 
Man up and have a fuckin coffee
Member 2086, 9717 posts
SQ 340, BP 252.5, DL 300
892.5 kgs @ 158kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:My performance du jour:

Dave Meer 148kg axle - 11 reps.

Tremendous lifting Dave 11 reps is incredible!!!! Well done on second place too dude.
Anyone got any other footage ,the squat maybe ????
Really wish id done this comp now it looks awesome.

Well done to Mike, and my pal Luke in 3rd...........and unlucky to Gray hope your niggles heal up soon .
PaulAmorIcon...28-04-2012 @ 18:27 
Amor means love
Member 2369, 50 posts
SQ 300, BP 230, DL 330
860.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Thanks to Dave for putting on the heaviest Contest I think I have witnessed before in England.

Thanks to all loaders, as usual everything running smoothly by everyone at PowerPlant Gym. Thanks to Head Ref Rob Drennan for keeping everything moving and to Kerry for keeping track of the Scores perfectly as usual.

Have just about got Paul into the bath, if someone would like to come and get him out at some point for me, I think I would appreciate it!!!

Anyway - Results Below:

Event 1 - 148kg Axle Press

Dave Meer - 11 Reps
Luke Fullbrook - 5 Reps
Sean O Hagan - 4 Reps
Mike Woods - 2 Reps
Wayne - 2 Reps
Paul Amor - 1 Rep
James Hogben- 0 Reps
Gray Plimbley – 0 Reps
Junior Gelsthorpe – 0 Reps

Event 2 - 300kg+ Squat

Dave Meer - 5 Reps
Mike Woods - 4 Reps
Luke Fullbrook - 1 Reps
James Hogben- 1 Reps
Junior Gelsthorpe – 1 Reps
Sean O Hagan - 0 Reps
Wayne - 0 Reps
Paul Amor - 0 Rep
Gray Plimbley – 0 Reps

Event 3 - Frame Deadlift - starting weight 290kg/310kg/330kg/350kg/370kg approx weight is increased after each good lift from the competitor

Mike Woods - 5 Lifts in 13.9 secs
Luke Fullbrook - 5 Lifts in 23.5 secs
Dave Meer - 4 lifts in 12.1 secs
Wayne - 4 Lifts in 19.7 secs
Paul Amor - 3 lifts in 11.2 secs
James Hogben - 3 lifts in 11.7 secs
Junior Gelsthorpe - 3 lifts in 17.7 secs
Sean O Hagen - 3 lifts 20.18 secs

Event 4 - 400KG Super Yoke - (had to be done indoors so 10m, drop and turn 10m back)

Mike Woods - 15.8 secs
Paul Amor - 16.52 secs
Luke Fullbrook - 21.3 secs
Sean O Hagen - 22.2 secs
Dave Meer - 26.3 secs
James Hogben - 28.35 secs
Junior Gelsthorpe - 34.72 secs
Wayne - had to retire as hurt his upper back/neck at the start of the event.

Event 5 - Press Medley - 105kg Sandbag, 120kg Barrel, 145kg Log, 160kg Yoke Frame, 80kg Dumbell. -

Dave Meer - All 5 in 36.6 seconds
Luke Fullbrook - 3 in 18.5 secs
Sean O Hagen - 3 in 27.6 secs
Mike Woods - 3 in 42 secs
Paul Amor - 2 in 15 secs
Junior Gelsthorpe - 2 in 29.1 secs
James Hogben - 1 in 11.9 secs

Event 6 - Atlas Stones - 5 stones 115/125/145/155/165kg onto Stone Wall

Paul Amor - 5 in 32.1 secs
Mike Woods - 5 in 47.3 secs
Luke Fullbrook - 5 in 50.2 secs
Dave Meer - 5 in 62.8 secs
James Hogben - 4 in 63.6 secs
Sean O Hagen - 2 in 11.2 secs
Junior Gelsthorpe - first stone was so close but his t-shirt was stuck to the stone with tacky and just couldnt get it! Unlucky though

Final Points Tally

Mike Woods 45.5
Dave Meer - 45
Luke Fullbrook - 44
Paul Amor - 31
Sean O Hagen - 26
James Hogben - 22
Junior Gelsthorpe - 16
Wayne Russell - 13.5
Gray Plimbley - 0

Thanks

Sharon
eric_sahinIcon...29-04-2012 @ 10:41 
U90kg Midlands strongest man !!
Member 1607, 488 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 320
770.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
awsome show yesterday really enjoyed watching/helping out! some monsterous weights been shifted amazing show of strength from big'uns big Dave Meer is one of them Luke was very impressive too very aggressive! Mike woods made everything look easy his 13 sec. Deadlift was very impressive! Paul was very quick on stones also made them look like marbles! well done to top 4 for qualifying and everyone else who competed!
Big gray was very unlucky he had cut off i think he had an injury!
Big_GrayIcon...29-04-2012 @ 17:46 
another lover of conans wheel
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
big thank u to dave meer for the use of his facilty, words in the build up to thecomp and since. big thanks to the drennan for reffing and to the great team who reset, set up loaded, scored etc.

well done to all, brutal comp. big congrats to 4 who went through, dave, luke n woody were in a league of there own, well done to james, great 300kg squat and lovely tidy 400kg yoke run.

yesterday for me was one of the most emmbarressing days of my life. failing a 148kg axle and a 300kg squat is a joke, numbers i have in the tank n have done numerous times. i planned to pull out on weds but chatting with dave made me reconsider. having trained with him a lot recently he believed in me, unfortunatly by own belief has gone

the long and short of it is my tendons in my knees have become so bad that exercises like push press n squat have become unbarable, as has driving n general day to day movement.

last chance saloon is trying a physio and all the supps recommended to me by dean slater, who himself had same prob in just 1 knee in 2010 and it affected him big time. if that doesnt work then i wil have to quit strongman as im not prepared to go backwards or suffer humiliation like saturday again!
JamesHIcon...29-04-2012 @ 22:31 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Thanks to Dave for a tough but really thorough test of strength. As I think Paul has posted, this really was the heaviest competition I can recall seeing.

Without a doubt this was also the best-run event I have done: good warm-up facilities, decent loaders/spotters and appropriate gaps between events were very important, given the weights being used.

Rob Drennan was also firm but scrupulously fair in his refereeing; I was very pleased to see proper (IPF style) squat depth being enforced.

Congratulations to all four qualifiers - you all earned it. Now go on and do the same in the England's.

On a personal level this was a pretty good day for me. I'll save further reflections for my journal, other than to note that the only real down note was that my training partner Gray wasn't able to deliver what I know he can. In response to the above post all I would say is that I really want to see you get this sorted and keep on progressing in this sport.
luke00Icon...29-04-2012 @ 22:54 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Firstly, Gray, without you there on the day keeping me in the zone, slapping me and focusing me each event I wouldn't have pushed as hard as I did so to you I am thankful. f**k that s**t about giving up strongman as well you lanky motherf**ker, when you're injury free you can mix it with the best. I will not let you quit as I want to compete against the best and I consider you to be one of the best, also every time I see you I will punch you in shins.

Thanks to Rob and all the loaders, did a cracking job, and Mr Meers comp was run very well indeed; a few of the professional outfits could take a leaf out of your book. Trying to post vids up on youtube but I've forgot my account password so proving difficult, have loaded some up to FB so you can check them out there.

148kg Axle Press:

Was last out, this was a first for me, so I had seen what everybody had done. I knew I was never gong to beat Dave with his armquads so just did one more than the next man to get 2nd place. There was probably a couple more in there but they wouldn't have got me anymore points, just massaged my ego and egos are for gays.

300kg Squat:

Had done this in training, but in the warm up 220kg rolled down my back too far and I had to ditch it, this knocked my confidence a little going into the lift and I am not the most confident of squatters anyway. Did the one rep and was happy, was there a 2nd in there; maybe, maybe not. However, in a final I would have gone balls out and if I'd have got one that 1pt behind Mr Meer would not have existed
Grin. Just saved a bit more energy. Joint 3rd on this event.

Frame deadlift 290kg upto 370kg
Had tried this a couple of times in training and found it a little awkward. To be honest with you I was going for a quick 3 to get in the points, but they came up so easy, as did the 4th and when the 5th broke off the floor I wasn't going to waste it. Only 1 of 2 to do it, and again you're not going to beat Mike Woods on deads (well not yet anyway). 2nd on this event.

400kg Yoke:

I hate moving events and have had real problems with my calves on this event, yet again on the day they were not present. I have never done 20 metres in training in 21ish seconds in a straight line, yet alone with a turn at 10 metres. So very, very happy with this. 3rd place on the yoke

Press Medley

Knew I wasn't going to beat Dave, and also knew nobody else was going to get that frame either (I did in training but not on the day). So plan was a super quick 3 and hope for the 4th implement. Smashed the 1st 3 sub 20secs and got 2nd

Atlas stones:

Now even my mother in law said 3 of the platforms were taller than me and how was I going to do it LOL. That's what shoulders are for Grin
Now the stones were not heavy but on a couple of practice runs I'd had tacky issues and was alittle paranoid about it happening in the comp so I retackied which cost me time, did I have to I'll never know but if I hadn't and did them I'd have pinched the 2nd place off Mike woods which would have put me in 1st. However, I did and got 3rd place on this event.

Very happy with the day and came away with no injuries. Dave and Mike were worthy opponents and it was so close between the 3 of us all day back and forth between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Looking forward to training for the Englands and would love to qualify for the Belfast final, but we will see. All I can say is I will train as hard as I can.
Well on to the next one and Elite Englands Strongman on Monday, don't know what the events are but I'm looking forward to it already.
JamesHIcon...29-04-2012 @ 23:32 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
Post Edited: 29.04.2012 @ 23:33 PM by JamesH
luke00 said:Firstly, Gray, without you there on the day keeping me in the zone, slapping me and focusing me each event I wouldn't have pushed as hard as I did so to you I am thankful. f**k that s**t about giving up strongman as well you lanky motherf**ker, when you're injury free you can mix it with the best. I will not let you quit as I want to compete against the best and I consider you to be one of the best, also every time I see you I will punch you in shins.

Thanks to Rob and all the loaders, did a cracking job, and Mr Meers comp was run very well indeed; a few of the professional outfits could take a leaf out of your book.

Well put on both points Luke, very well put.

Massive performance yesterday - you get better each time I see you. The pressing was as expected, just brutal, dirty, retard strong and always going to deliver, and everything else was consistent and aggressive. You have really stepped up a level from last year.

Looking forward to next week too. Well, except for having to get up 4am and drive 200 miles to go and do mystery events...
luke00Icon...29-04-2012 @ 23:35 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
JamesH said:
Looking forward to next week too. Well, except for having to get up 4am and drive 200 miles to go and do mystery events...

PMSL
BigMaccaIcon...01-05-2012 @ 20:09 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9943 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Great write up and amazing performance mate - beast mode appears to have been activated Cool

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions