REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Henny B - Log

Henny B - Log

123456

JoniIcon...22-11-2007 @ 21:30 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
HennyB said:
You must let me know where in Pietermaritzburg Warrens Gym is. I'll go and train there next time I'm in Durban.


sounds good man, here are the details:

Pietermaritzburg
Warren's Gym
Tel:
033 342 2524
271 Pietermaritz Street
Fax:
033 342 2524

There are some crazy guys training there, and they organise some local small comps there as well sometimes.

Is there a web site for SA powerlifting comps, and strongman stuff as well?
Martin1956Icon...22-11-2007 @ 21:54 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions.
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 03:56 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
sounds good man, here are the details:

Thanks Boet. I'll check it out.
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 04:05 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
There are a couple of sites you can visit. powerliftingsa.co.za - powerlifting and for strongman check out Arno Lambrechts site. bigarnie.co.za. There is an impressive 420kg squat he did at nationals this year. He got red lighted because the judges are a bunch of f**k heads, but it was still cool. Arno is my mentor and big friend. A huge power in the powerlifting scene in SA and a good all round strongman. I've never seen a guy pull a truck like he does.

There's just a problem with the SA powerlifting site now. They are fixing it. I'll let you guys know when it is up and running again.
Cheers
HB
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 04:43 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
Martin1956 said:
Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions.


Hey bru. If you know me well you'll understand - for me to just be able to download e - mail is like breaking the world record. I'm totally disabled when it comes to IT ect. Please show me how and I'll check it out. For sure.

Sorry
TitchIcon...23-11-2007 @ 09:48 
Avatar
One Sexy MoFo
Member 101, 2470 posts
HennyB said:
Martin1956 said:
Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions.


Hey bru. If you know me well you'll understand - for me to just be able to download e - mail is like breaking the world record. I'm totally disabled when it comes to IT ect. Please show me how and I'll check it out. For sure.

Sorry

Henny, he meant for you to go to the 'Competitions' part of this board and check out something he wrote. Click on this link to go directly to what Martin was talking about:

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum.php?a=777#30566
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 11:22 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
Thanks Titch. It helps
Silver_OldieIcon...23-11-2007 @ 11:27 
Avatar
Silver Surfer
Member 163, 321 posts
SQ 0, BP 95, DL 0
95.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Hi Henny...Just joined the site myself...plenty of good advice here..just have to ask for it nobody preaches
I think quite possibly I could be the only one on this board who has visited your town
I backpacked around your fine country a couple of years ago...finished up at Victoria Falls
I THINK I stayed on a place on Danie Joubert ...took a short side trip to see a bit of the Drakensburg
Good country I was made very welcome wherever I went...Oh..your not bad at rugby eitherHappy
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 11:30 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
Martin1956 said:
Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions.


The guy on the right in your 3rd pic is from the Eastern Cape. He lifts with Wally Scmidt. Can't remember his name now. Stunning people. Really down to earth. The lady on the left is the treasurer for The SAPF. I think her name is Gail. She's from Gauteng. Great person.

I love the stage. Never seen anything like it.

Cheers
HennyBIcon...23-11-2007 @ 11:35 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
Silver_Oldie said:
Hi Henny...Just joined the site myself...plenty of good advice here..just have to ask for it nobody preaches
I think quite possibly I could be the only one on this board who has visited your town
I backpacked around your fine country a couple of years ago...finished up at Victoria Falls
I THINK I stayed on a place on Danie Joubert ...took a short side trip to see a bit of the Drakensburg
Good country I was made very welcome wherever I went...Oh..your not bad at rugby eitherHappy


Not bad at rugby? We are the best at rugby! Danie Joubert is our main street right through town centre. Nice to know Tzaneen is not on the other side of the galaxy.
DMPMIcon...23-11-2007 @ 18:29 
Avatar
AUSTRALIA !!! AUSTRALIA !!! AUSTRALIA !!!
Member 22, 452 posts
SQ 250, BP 195, DL 250
695.0 kgs @ 121kgs Eq
Good luck with the comp mate.

Good to have another antipodean on the board. Happy
Martin1956Icon...23-11-2007 @ 19:20 
Avatar
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 8170 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
I've never understood what you southerners have against Podeans.
HennyBIcon5 days out26-11-2007 @ 16:24 
Sugdens most southern member
Member 178, 76 posts
SQ 300, BP 205, DL 282.5
787.5 kgs @ 98.7kgs Eq
Only went in to Bench.
Warm up - 10 x 60kg, 5 x 90kg, 3 x 120kg, 3 x 130kg
Sets - 2 x 2 145kg

Triceps - Close Grip BP - 3 x 8 x 90kg.

Don't want to overtrain.
Silver_OldieIcon...26-11-2007 @ 20:50 
Avatar
Silver Surfer
Member 163, 321 posts
SQ 0, BP 95, DL 0
95.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Good luck Henny...Resting up on plenty of Castle and Boerwars sausage?Tongue
RobIcon...26-11-2007 @ 20:52 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Yep best of luck Henny mate, put up some good numbers!!

123456

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Henny B - Log
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions